53 (Fifty three) players...?

chimpto

That will be Brad McKay.

Not 100% sure if it's him, but was told today that we gave a 16 yr old ?8000 and ?650 a week to sign.

If this sort of spending is true, with the size of squad we have it's little wonder we're skint.

jamboinglasgow

Not 100% sure if it's him, but was told today that we gave a 16 yr old ?8000 and ?650 a week to sign.

If this sort of spending is true, with the size of squad we have it's little wonder we're skint.

Not sure who this is supposed to be, was this player signed in the summer?

If the entire list was released at the end of the season, I wouldn't be heartbroken.

I'd love Kello to stay and it would be nice to keep Jonsson, Stevenson and Skacel but that's really about it.

If we can't keep Kello then it would make sense to retain MacDonald for another year, he's not the best but he's shown he can be a reasonable SPL keeper and he won't be on a huge wage. It would be a straight fight between him and Ridgers for next season, Kello in an ideal world but I'd accept the other scenario.

I'm the same, the only player in that list that I'd really want to stay is Kello but I realise that's very unlikely. The rest are all replaceable either on the cheap or within the squad.

Not 100% sure if it's him, but was told today that we gave a 16 yr old ?8000 and ?650 a week to sign. If this sort of spending is true, with the size of squad we have it's little wonder we're skint.

:huh: Not bad if you're only 16 mind!

jamboinglasgow

:huh: Not bad if you're only 16 mind!

Celtic signed a Scottish 17 year old in the summer who is on ?3k a week, to be fair to him he has already made his debut.

Out of that list;

Stevenson, MacDonald, Jonsson and the best of the young lads there should stay. The rest barely play as it is so they can go. Personally if we having a clear out then I reckon we should probably try and keep guys like Sutton, Driver and maybe even Barr to have a nucleas of excperienced players to help the youngsters coming through. Barr should be kept on especially if Zaliukas is away. But then again just need to wait and see now.

Kello?

Ogleby; will have to start scoring goals or he can go.

Morton; Sweet left foot but not the paciest 50/50.

Hamilton; not sure about him, nothing special on loan at Stenhousemuir but has not always featured; Kane/McKay and Tobin are all ex Edin City they probably have till Summer as they will no longer be Under 19s i believe.

The 15s and 17s are top footballing sides and if they see Holty and co pushing onto first team squad they can all get a boost out of that hopefully.

givememychoice

Now, normally, we get the guff about how crap the scotsman is.

Because some of the stuff which has been said is agreed upon, does not mean its a good article.

"According to the club?s own website, there are 53 players on the books at Tynecastle, including some who are currently out on loan"

No, what the clubs website shows is that there is a player with a squad number of 52 and then an un numbered player (who the scotsman assume to be the 53rd.)

However, this is making the false assumption that every number up to 52 is used.

There are 39 senior players at tynecastle. The website claim 6 of them are out on loan. That makes 33 players who are in the Hearts squad. And we have people saying we can get rid of 20 of them? so we have a squad of 13.

If my calculations are correct then we have 27 players who are too old for the U19s plus another 13 who are out on loan (including Thomson and Razulis).

Then we have the U19s.

Charlie-Brown

Ogleby; will have to start scoring goals or he can go.

Morton; Sweet left foot but not the paciest 50/50.

Hamilton; not sure about him, nothing special on loan at Stenhousemuir but has not always featured; Kane/McKay and Tobin are all ex Edin City they probably have till Summer as they will no longer be Under 19s i believe.

The 15s and 17s are top footballing sides and if they see Holty and co pushing onto first team squad they can all get a boost out of that hopefully.

Tobin's a good player and would benefit from another year - will probably get more chances to shine in the U19's if Holt & Walker etc are moved up a level.

get rid of

barr

suso

black

both elliots

obua

kyle

sutton

macdonald

jason and craig thomson

driver

zali

macdonald

all are extremly average or injury prone i have never seen them but i constantly hear great things about holt and prychynenko, stephen elliot doesnt do enough give Gordon Smith a chance, in the middle i would much rather see pum and one of the other youngsters mentioned above ian black is the living example of average, mark ridgers should be back up to kello think mcdonald will never be a number one so its time to give someone else a bash, zali is awful total bombscare at the back and well overpaid, both thomsons should be punted craig for obvious reasons and jason just doesnt look good enough oubua has been stealing a living from hearts for years he is utter gash, both kyle and driver are far to injury prown and i tihnk it may be time for them to move on. and as im sure you'll agree suso and barr just arent good enough we have an extremely talented bunch of youngsters coming from maybe its time to chuckk them in

Kello?

I really doubt he'll be staying on at Hearts after being frozen out and the lack of paid wages.

It wasn't me but I remember reading in the paper that JJ said he could cut the wage bill in half and still improve the team.

That's what a lot of people are not getting (most of them on hibs net). We can easily get rid of 15-20 players without it affecting the quality of the first 11, we have had too many players of the same standard for years and the squad needs trimmed, regardless of the circumstances prompting it.

Correct and agree with last sentence. It would also make the squad more compact and together imo and also give more hope to youngsters of breaking into the first team.

Having a glut of standard, over paid experience in front of you (who don`t actually get a game but are still ahead in the pecking order) can`t be inspiring for the young players.

In JJ`s first spell he got the balance almost perfectly between experience, maintaining a decent level of depth and promoting our best youngsters.

Alwaysinourshadows

Yes here it is

1.Balogh (January)

2.Kello

3. MacDonald

4. C.Thomson

5. J.Thomson

6. Jonsson

7. Black

8. Suso Santana

9. Stevenson

10. Obua

11. Skacel (January)

12. Kyle

13. S.Elliott

14. C.Elliot

15. Glen

16. J.Stewart

17. D.Thomson

18. Park

19. C.Hamilton

20. Morton

21. Ogleby

22. Balatoni

Keep the players highlighted in bold, the rest can get rid

Footballfirst

I would doubt if it was Brad McKay as he is already 18. It could however be an offer of professional terms to Jordan McGhee, once he turns 16 next summer. The numbers still seem a bit on the high side though.

It could however be an offer of professional terms to Jordan McGhee, once he turns 16 next summer. The numbers still seem a bit on the high side though.

He's not looked out of place the couple of times I've seen him.

I wonder if other clubs have been sniffing round him with other offers, hence the high numbers.

Ridgers/Macdonald

Hamill/Mcgowan Webster/Kane Mcgowan/Mckay Grainger/Mchattie

Jonsson/Tapping

Robinson/Smith New(experienced centre mid)/Holt/Prychenko

Templeton?/Morton/Paterson Walker/Novikovas/B.King

New/Stevenson/Smith/Ogleby/Stewart

Well enough balanced,enough depth?

also the likes of Mcghee,Nicholson,A.King,Hamilton?,Mullen could be ready aswell soon

Yes here it is

1.Balogh (January)

2.Kello

3. MacDonald

4. C.Thomson

5. J.Thomson

6. Jonsson

7. Black

8. Suso Santana

9. Stevenson

10. Obua

11. Skacel (January)

12. Kyle

13. S.Elliott

14. C.Elliot

15. Glen

16. J.Stewart

17. D.Thomson

18. Park

19. C.Hamilton

20. Morton

21. Ogleby

22. Balatoni

Keep Stevenson, Kello, Jonsson if possible rest can leave imo. The thing to remember and I don't think I have seen it written yet in this thread..... Even IF we wanted to keep any of the players listed here, if they had almost any other suitor that could guarantee there salary, why would they stay?

All said and done, I would love to see a team full of kids interspersed with good pro's. How much more satisfying would it be to achieve using players developed from our own youth system?

Most of the players out of contract that we might want to keep are the most likely to leave. I'll be honest, it's the likes of Jason Holt that we should be aiming to tie down imo, because a they will be cheaper and b they are the most likely to get us a transfer fee in the future. there's players on that list I'd like us to keep, but absolutely no-one who will break the club by going.

Yes here it is

1.Balogh (January)

2.Kello

3. MacDonald

4. C.Thomson

5. J.Thomson

6. Jonsson

7. Black

8. Suso Santana

9. Stevenson

10. Obua

11. Skacel (January)

12. Kyle

13. S.Elliott

14. C.Elliot

15. Glen

16. J.Stewart

17. D.Thomson

18. Park

19. C.Hamilton

20. Morton

21. Ogleby

22. Balatoni

I think only MacDonald, Stevenson & Jonsson might get offers to stay and possibly also Morton or Ogleby or Hamilton/Balatoni depending on if Barr or Sutton or Driver get moved on.

When is Ridgers out of contract?

Jambof3tornado

Other teams can compete in our league without a squad like ours. I am looking forward to seeing the youngsters flourish!

I would doubt if it was Brad McKay as he is already 18. It could however be an offer of professional terms to Jordan McGhee, once he turns 16 next summer. The numbers still seem a bit on the high side though.

I doubt it would be any of the current ones, but I have heard this figure mentioned before with relations to a Hearts player coming through

Spot on and I would love to have seen this done properly at Hearts.

Lyon have perfected this and should be the benchmark.

Lyon haven't exactly perfected it, but they have done well

Lyon haven't exactly perfected it, but they have done well

I suppose it is impossible to perfect but when Lyon were winning all those titles in succession they also went through a number of coaches. The club stayed the same throughout all that and it kept the same style and signing policy.

Libertonian_II

If Paulo Sergio leaves at the end of the season and we lose so many players, I'd like to see John McGlynn brought in and have Gary Locke as his assistant. It might take a season or two to get things in order but I think he'd do well for us if given time.

That's a good shout. As long as they don't revert back to the old in at 10 and out about 2. Footballers should work as hard as the rest of us.

Now, normally, we get the guff about how crap the scotsman is.

Because some of the stuff which has been said is agreed upon, does not mean its a good article.

"According to the club?s own website, there are 53 players on the books at Tynecastle, including some who are currently out on loan"

No, what the clubs website shows is that there is a player with a squad number of 52 and then an un numbered player (who the scotsman assume to be the 53rd.)

However, this is making the false assumption that every number up to 52 is used.

There are 39 senior players at tynecastle. The website claim 6 of them are out on loan. That makes 33 players who are in the Hearts squad. And we have people saying we can get rid of 20 of them? so we have a squad of 13.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that we don't need a clearout??

givememychoice

Are you seriously trying to suggest that we don't need a clearout??

Yes and no.

I was mainly pointing out that the factual basis of the story was entirely wrong.

I also think that some players will be on too high a salary for how good they are. By a long way.

We are paying something like 200k a week on wages. which means our average first team squad member is on more than ?5k a week. That needs remedied I totally agree. In terms of actual players though, who would we get in who is better on less.

Or is it just squad size that is your issue?

Lets look at the size of SPL squads (as defined by the official registered list of players)

Rangers 64

Dundee Utd 42

Dunfermline 42

Motherwell 42

ICT 41

St Mirren 41

St Johnstone 40

Celtic 33

Hearts 31

Hibs 28

Aberdeen 27

Killie 27

So our squad is less than half the size of the biggest, and is only 4 more than the smallest.

It certainly doesnt seem bloated to me. (over paid, definitely)

Jambof3tornado

Yes and no.

I was mainly pointing out that the factual basis of the story was entirely wrong.

I also think that some players will be on too high a salary for how good they are. By a long way.

We are paying something like 200k a week on wages. which means our average first team squad member is on more than ?5k a week. That needs remedied I totally agree. In terms of actual players though, who would we get in who is better on less.

Lets look at the size of SPL squads (as defined by the official registered list of players)

Rangers 64

Dundee Utd 42

Dunfermline 42

Motherwell 42

ICT 41

St Mirren 41

St Johnstone 40

Celtic 33

Hearts 31

Hibs 28

Aberdeen 27

Killie 27

So our squad is less than half the size of the biggest, and is only 4 more than the smallest.

Our squad should be 22 players bolstered by u19's when needed.

Does our 31 include any u19's.

And does the inverness list include under 19's??

Doesnt look right to me.

If WE know guys like Holt are the real deal then you can rest assured everyone else does. Whats to stop celtic offering a couple of hundred grand for him? Could we turn that down?

All i'm saying is that everyone is optimistic this is a chance to ditch the guys we perceive as overpaid but it surely cannot be that simple. This January, we could just as easily lose Holt, Robinson and Denis P than Obua, Zal and Sutton.

jamboinglasgow

Yes and no.

Rangers 64

Dundee Utd 42

Dunfermline 42

Motherwell 42

ICT 41

St Mirren 41

St Johnstone 40

Celtic 33

Hearts 31

Hibs 28

Aberdeen 27

Killie 27

Depends which players are registered. For example Rangers included every full time play in theirs, Motherwell includes their U19 squad. I would say the same can be said about ICT, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Dundee United. We still have a very large squad considering other clubs have a number of fringe players in their squad.

Jambof3tornado

Depends which players are registered. For example Rangers included every full time play in theirs, Motherwell includes their U19 squad. I would say the same can be said about ICT, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Dundee United. We still have a very large squad considering other clubs have a number of fringe players in their squad.

thought the figures looked flawed.

givememychoice

Hearts

? ?1?Janos?Balogh

?? 2?Jamie?Hamill

?? 3?Danny?Grainger

?? 4?Eggert?Jonsson

?? 5?Darren?Barr

?? 6?Andy?Webster

?? 7?Suso Santana

?? 8?Ian?Black

?? 9?Kevin?Kyle

?10?Stephen?Elliott

?11?Andy Driver

?12?David?Templeton

?13?David?Obua

?14?Calum?Elliot

?15?John?Sutton

?16?Ryan?Stevenson

?17?Ryan?McGowan

?18?Arvydas?Novikovas

?19?Rudi?Skacel

?21?Mehdi?Taouil

?22?Gordon?Smith

?23?Gary?Glen

?25?Marian?Kello

?26?Marius?Zaliukas (captain)

?27?Scott?Robinson

?30?Jamie?MacDonald

?31?Adrian?Mrowiec

?35 Denis Prychynenko

?40 Colin Hamilton

?42 Jason Holt

?53 Jack Hamilton

Id remove those in bold

Hearts

? ?1?Janos?Balogh

?? 2?Jamie?Hamill

?? 3?Danny?Grainger

?? 4?Eggert?Jonsson

?? 5?Darren?Barr

?? 6?Andy?Webster

?? 7?Suso Santana

?? 8?Ian?Black

?? 9?Kevin?Kyle

?10?Stephen?Elliott

?11?Andy Driver

?12?David?Templeton

?13?David?Obua

?14?Calum?Elliot

?15?John?Sutton

?16?Ryan?Stevenson

?17?Ryan?McGowan

?18?Arvydas?Novikovas

?19?Rudi?Skacel

?21?Mehdi?Taouil

?22?Gordon?Smith

?23?Gary?Glen

?25?Marian?Kello

?26?Marius?Zaliukas (captain)

?27?Scott?Robinson

?30?Jamie?MacDonald

?31?Adrian?Mrowiec

?35 Denis Prychynenko

?40 Colin Hamilton

?42 Jason Holt

?53 Jack Hamilton

Id remove those in bold

did you forget Elliott and Black? :unsure:

Yes here it is

1.Balogh (January)

2.Kello

3. MacDonald

4. C.Thomson

5. J.Thomson

6. Jonsson

7. Black

8. Suso Santana

9. Stevenson

10. Obua

11. Skacel (January)

12. Kyle

13. S.Elliott

14. C.Elliot

15. Glen

16. J.Stewart

17. D.Thomson

18. Park

19. C.Hamilton

20. Morton

21. Ogleby

22. Balatoni

I think only MacDonald, Stevenson & Jonsson might get offers to stay and possibly also Morton or Ogleby or Hamilton/Balatoni depending on if Barr or Sutton or Driver get moved on.

It may seem harsh, but the emboldened are players that I'd let go. In Kello's case, that wouldn't be my choice but it is inevitable. In fact, I'd give serious consideration to letting Skacel go unless he is willing to take a wage cut (on the presumption he earns well)

That'd leave us with a core of 24...

Ridgers

Hamill

Grainger

McHattie

Zaliukas

Webster

Barr

McGowan

Robinson

Mrowiec

Jonsson

Prychynenko

Holt

Stevenson

Skacel

Taouil

Santana

Driver

Templeton

Novikovas

Walker

D.Smith

Sutton

G.Smith

We would need to buy at least one goalkeeper, but, for me that is quite a decent squad.

It may seem harsh, but the emboldened are players that I'd let go. In Kello's case, that wouldn't be my choice but it is inevitable. In fact, I'd give serious consideration to letting Skacel go unless he is willing to take a wage cut (on the presumption he earns well)

That'd leave us with a core of 24...

Ridgers

Hamill

Grainger

McHattie

Zaliukas

Webster

Barr

McGowan

Robinson

Mrowiec

Jonsson

Prychynenko

Holt

Stevenson

Skacel

Taouil

Santana

Driver

Templeton

Novikovas

Walker

D.Smith

Sutton

G.Smith

We would need to buy at least one goalkeeper, but, for me that is quite a decent squad.

i think we would actually be better with those players instead of Elliott, Black and Obua

Archived