Hearts for sale (merged threads)

Cut The Crap

18:10 17/11/2011

MOSCOW, November 17 (RIA Novosti) ? Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov confirmed to RIA Novosti on Thursday that he is selling the club and quitting football entirely, ending weeks of speculation on the future of the Tynecastle club.

The Russian-born Lithuanian said he has begun the hunt for potential buyers of the Scottish Premier League side, who are thought to be 35 million pounds in debt.

?I want to leave football. I have given the order to find buyers for all my clubs,? Romanov told RIA Novosti. Romanov has had a stormy tenure since arriving in Edinburgh in 2005, earning a hire-them-and-fire-them reputation for going through eight managers in six years.

?I want to buy a theater and sell the clubs,? he said. ?Hearts is controlled by Murdoch?s media mafia,? he said in reference to Rupert Murdoch, the owner of News Corp., which controls Sky television, the sport?s top broadcast rights holder.

Malcolm Tucker

.....which was revealed about 2 weeks ago, when Romanov said "I am now looking for someone to buy the club or to find a business partner". (Or words to that effect).

It's the same story, worded slightly differently.

I predict a 10-pager.

He wants to buy a theatre? Might be why he has been talking about Shows a lot recently.

He won't like that when he realises the puppets are all controlled by strings from a shadowy puppet-master who hides in the background!

.....which was revealed about 2 weeks ago, when Romanov said "I am now looking for someone to buy the club or to find a business partner". (Or words to that effect).

I predict a 10-pager.

No mention of finding a partner when talking to the Russian news agency.

Hopefully things are moving on. :thumbsup:

I can see a situation were we are passed to another Russian / Eastern European. A mate of Vlad perhaps?

Sexi Alexei instead of Mad Vlad?!

?I had to organise the Lithuanian players,? he said of his investment in the club. ?In the English Premier League there were no players from Lithuania, but the Scottish league is weaker.

?Hearts was my child club where I, as a host, supplied Lithuanian players without entirely collapsing Lithuanian football.

?Now the time has come when Scottish football is dying.?

:sob:

Malcolm Tucker

?I had to organise the Lithuanian players,? he said of his investment in the club. ?In the English Premier League there were no players from Lithuania, but the Scottish league is weaker.

?Hearts was my child club where I, as a host, supplied Lithuanian players without entirely collapsing Lithuanian football.

?Now the time has come when Scottish football is dying.?

He's always so right.

jamboinglasgow

Ok thats Vlad saying offically we are up for sale, now where is that consortium?

I always find when dealing with new owners its better the devil we know, I said as much to my Rangers friend when Craig Whyte took over, he told me Whyte will be fine, now he is worried about Whyte. So be warned, the next buyer of Hearts could be worse then Vlad.

Ok thats Vlad saying offically we are up for sale, now where is that consortium?

I always find when dealing with new owners its better the devil we know, I said as much to my Rangers friend when Craig Whyte took over, he told me Whyte will be fine, now he is worried about Whyte. So be warned, the next buyer of Hearts could be worse then Vlad.

Youve just nailed it :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

I predict a 10-pager.

Yup - auld news, surely?

I predict a 10-pager.

Correct, nothing new...

...and you'll also be right about 10 pages of drivel by dramaqueens, erses, hobos, and WUM's. :sad:

ToadKiller Dog

Whats SDM doing with himself these days ? :whistling:

Is he not trying to balance a shit load of debt now that HBOS are no longer giving him free money ?

What's the line from that absolute classic song?

"Don't know what you've got til it's gone."

So for the last five years I have been told that there will be buyers if Vlad agrees to sell.

All these parasites in the background giving it the "AYE I?D BUY HEARTS IF MADVLAD SELT" will now step up to the fore, right?

Good, can?t wait.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Hope he gets something sorted out soon. Not sure how many monthly wage bills he'll be keen on funding.

Shame for the guy, just never worked out.

ToadKiller Dog

I am in the mood for a Chinese

Owner that is lets face it they are our future overlords anyway and they dont put up with lazy shirkers .

no doubt the haters will be happy to have accepted all the money and will demand even more money is written off.

then we'll get someone who doesn't have the kind of money to keep us in lifestyle to which we have become accustomed.

as long as the haters are happy though.

Yes they could well be worse if we get another single minded amateur like Vlad. Hearts no longer have the luxury of time for the inexperienced to play around until such time as they get it right (if they ever do). Is it coincidence that Vlads timing of a sale comes when Mr Murray is in the position to take on something else or at least figurehead it ?

Dont forget that the Edinburgh area is now comparable to Glasgow for population so it is possible to make Hearts the biggest club in Scotland but the big ask is the right calibre of person/s to achieve it.

I am in the mood for a Chinese

Owner that is lets face it they are our future overlords anyway and they dont put up with lazy shirkers .

Actually I quite fancy a chinese for dinner now, thanks for the idea :)

Yes they could well be worse if we get another single minded amateur like Vlad. Hearts no longer have the luxury of time for the inexperienced to play around until such time as they get it right (if they ever do). Is it coincidence that Vlads timing of a sale comes when Mr Murray is in the position to take on something else or at least figurehead it ?

I think that's exacly what it is tbh.

Walter Bishop

It will be very interesting to see what his asking price is. Maybe we could encourage the twins from Largs that won the euro millions ?161 million to make a bid??

Equally this could be applied to Mercer->Robinson or Robinson->Romanov ... just saying ...

It will be very interesting to see what his asking price is. Maybe we could encourage the twins from Largs that won the euro millions ?161 million to make a bid??

Incest-rumour post, IMO

Archived