Robbie Neilson signs for Dundee United

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit old i'd reckon now to do a job at United. Hope if he plays on Saturday that Temps will tear him a new hole on that left wing.

He's no world beater but a pretty solid and decent enough SPL right back, reckon he'll be a decent signing for Utd.

In before the standard "good, he's pish" posts begin....

Good luck Robbie, after Saturday. I always liked him, did what I expected of a right back.

Always said that after the OF guys (who we couldn't afford) there wasn't a right back in the SPL you'd swap/drop him for when he was here. Tokely? Foster? Sheilds? No, no, no.

Also, Hammill's current form proving my point.

Was talking to him last week, when i invited him to a social function.He hinted he may be playing that day :whistling:

He was always a marmite player even at leicester....

Drylaw Hearts

Was talking to him last week, when i invited him to a social function.He hinted he may be playing that day :whistling:

He was always a marmite player even at leicester....

Rhyming slang ?

Prince Buaben

Nothing special but will do a decent job up at Tannadice. He also has an international cup.

ToadKiller Dog

No good luck to him for this Saturday hope he has a mare and better luck the following weekend .

Hasn't kicked a ball in a serious game since may ,Temps should get the freedom to run at him all game will be very rusty .

Capt average is what reliable Robbie has always been nothing wrong in that ,look forward to his usual forward pass hitting some guy in the stand .

I watched him play for Burton Albion reserves in agame against Derby County. and he would certainly not walk back into the team at the moment. His pace has completly gone now and still can't pass :unsure:

I don't like Robbie Neilson............poor Dundee Utd.

I remeber afew years back when Hearts played Dundee United at Tannadice, when Rix was in charge, we had Petric or someone at right back, he was getting ripped apart by Robson, anyway the whole Hearts section started singing "theres only one robbie neilson!!" for ages to get him on. got a huge cheer when he came on. mostly down to the other guy coming off was so crap. Neilson came on and kept Robson quiet. Think it ended 1-1, Pressley dived for a penalty to make it 1-1. was a tuesday night. was my first away game. think that was the night Rix admitted Vlad was picking the team. but mostly remember it for the "one robbie neilson" song, probably most definatly, the one and only time its ever been sung

I like Robbie Neilson

The son of elvis will have Kickbacks ?5 million pond temps in his back pocket.

That must be quite a water feature. Will Robbie not end up with a wet bum if he does that?

Good luck Robbie, after Saturday.

I always liked him, did what I expected of a right back.

Always said that after the OF guys (who we couldn't afford) there wasn't a right back in the SPL you'd swap/drop him for when he was here. Tokely? Foster? Sheilds? No, no, no.

If he plays on Saturday, I hope he has a mare.

Other than that I wish him all the best for the future, as he was a good servant for Hearts, under many managers for many years, and deserves our gratitude for that.

I would love to be Temps, please let D Utd play him against us.

He must still wonder how he played in the same back four as Takis two extremes in the football ability spectrum.

His testimonial match and that tackle are only two positives in his time with us.

I remeber afew years back when Hearts played Dundee United at Tannadice, when Rix was in charge, we had Petric or someone at right back, he was getting ripped apart by Robson, anyway the whole Hearts section started singing "theres only one robbie neilson!!" for ages to get him on. got a huge cheer when he came on. mostly down to the other guy coming off was so crap. Neilson came on and kept Robson quiet. Think it ended 1-1, Pressley dived for a penalty to make it 1-1. was a tuesday night. was my first away game. think that was the night Rix admitted Vlad was picking the team. but mostly remember it for the "one robbie neilson" song, probably most definatly, the one and only time its ever been sung

I like Robbie Neilson

Oh to be young and naive again....rolleyes.gif

kingantti1874

I would love to be Temps, please let D Utd play him against us.

He must still wonder how he played in the same back four as Takis two extremes in the football ability spectrum.

His testimonial match and that tackle are only two positives in his time with us.

I honestly dont understand this view at all, very very poor going forward but a very capable defender at spl level I can't remember too many times when he faile in his primary defensive duties... I would say Jamie hamill is at about the same level TBH..

Ps - I think his goal against Basel would count as a positive

Good luck to him.

Better player than Hammill anyway.

Good Luck Robbie (apart from Saturday) but I reckon Hamil is a far better player

The son of elvis will have Kickbacks ?5 million pond temps in his back pocket.

You really shouldn't be given any encouragement but...

:lol:

Still a solid reliable player and would stroll into our side as would the a few of his new team mates at utd. Hamill is rank.

Sergio Garcia

How I have missed a good Robbie Neilson thread rolleyes.gif

My tuppence worth on The Tackle is that he was a dependable SPL right back, as someone said outside the Old Firm not many players come to mind that were better at RB during his time with us. Good defensively not the best going forward and his passing could be hit or a miss but always reliable to give us 100%.

I liked him, good servant to the club and never let the club down and better than Hamill.

I like Robbie Neilson

It was Fyssas who dived for the penalty.

The Neilson is shite brigade need to remember he looked an average player in a team alongside the likes of Pressley, Hartley, Bednar and Jankauskas. We're a million miles away from that standard now.

i wish jj was my dad

I have all the respect in the world for Robbie. Mr 100%.

I haven't been following his career down south but he was a good honest pro with Hearts who put a lot of more talented team-mates to shame.

I doubt many wingers will find him an easy opponent.

Served the club well, not a superstar but dependable.

Oh, and good at throw-ins!

Aux contraire, all he ever did was throw it as far as he could, usually to the opposing centre-half, we seem to have perfected that move!

I have all the respect in the world for Robbie. Mr 100%.

I haven't been following his career down south but he was a good honest pro with Hearts who put a lot of more talented team-mates to shame.

I doubt many wingers will find him an easy opponent.

He wasn't the quickest and may have lost even more pace so it will be interesting to see how he gets on now but totally agree with the first 2 points. If all our players had the same attitude and commitment of Robbie Neilson we'd be doing a lot better than we are. Solid, reliable defender who always gave his all.

Honestly folks he is now past it at SPL level. I watched him play in a game just over a month ago. First half at RB second at CH and he looked lost, not the player i remember. He spent all summer at Burton Albion training and helping the youngsters but was never offered any type of deal!

It was Fyssas who dived for the penalty.

The Neilson is shite brigade need to remember he looked an average player in a team alongside the likes of Pressley, Hartley, Bednar and Jankauskas. We're a million miles away from that standard now.

It was Pressley. Was at that game too. Poor lad Petras got a ribbing from us from the first minute - had a bit of a mare but nobody will ever remember his raking 60 yard pass from a quick free kick to put Bednar in for the 3 points at Livi in the last minute...

Wish Neilson all the best there, but Temps will tear him a new one if he's on form.

The first job of a right back is to defend and stop those crosses coming in, Robbie did just that against the best the SPL had to offer. I don't see how anyone can ask for more than Robbie gave us.

Regardless of current ability, or ability ever, he was a dependable player and a good player for us. Practically won us that cup with that wonder tackle from behind. Had he missed that, not got it, hadn't got back, I really reckon we'd have not won that game as the boy was through on goal. Good luck to the boy (except on Saturday).

:woot:It's funny what time does to peoples' memories. Suddenly, you would think that Robbie Neilson was some world beater. If my memory serves me correctly, Robbie Neilson used to get constantly slated and no doubt, the same people that are talking him up were glad to see the back of him at the time. I tear my hair out at times at Football Supporters. Robbie Neilson was a player of limited football ability.....oh.... sod it, I've decided he was total and utter mince!

P.S. Jamie Hamill is my love child!

How I have missed a good Robbie Neilson thread rolleyes.gif

My tuppence worth on The Tackle is that he was a dependable SPL right back, as someone said outside the Old Firm not many players come to mind that were better at RB during his time with us. Good defensively not the best going forward and his passing could be hit or a miss but always reliable to give us 100%.

I liked him, good servant to the club and never let the club down and better than Hamill.

:clap: :clap:

Never really understood why the guy got so much stick on here. I've seen many players turn out for Hearts over the years - some of them recently - who were not fit to lace his boots in terms of their competence at their job or their overall contribution to the club, yet they didn't seem to attract the same amount of vitriol. I like Robbie and wish him success wherever he goes.

Thank god its not with us...100% every game but limited footballing ability.

I would have to agree, his tackle in the Scottish Cup final one of his highlights.

Archived