Reduced ticket prices

Ryan Gosling

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Since when ?

I bought a ST due to the fact I was getting a substantial discount for loyalty and paying up front

Given I also bought a strip, it would appear what hearts advertised and what season tickets are has totally been undermined as they have had to crash prices due to their incompetence as well as throw in silly gimmicks

This mean the so called loyalty bonuses ST holders get have been totally diluted

If the club had any respect for loyalty or ST holders they would be looking to make a gesture - they should have been already after other gimmicks- but after crashing prices Id be very dissapointed if they werent

Its also made it even less likely I will renew as the financial benefit of buying up front based on these sort of policies will be minimum

I am past caring about that.

I wont be getting a season ticket next year unless something mega happens to change my mind.

Cannot see it happening. We have to hold firm those that think like me and deny cash upfront to Romanov untill real change halts the slide we are in that I believe will lead to relegation in the future.

Don't think it cant happen to us 'cos it can.

I see Falkirk are charging us ?20 to see a meaningless Monday night bottom 6 game thats on Setanta :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado
I see Falkirk are charging us ?20 to see a meaningless Monday night bottom 6 game thats on Setanta :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Us being not me coz I will be sat in my armchair watching it on sultanta.(but I will be at the remainder of the games coz I am a better fan than yooz!!!;))

Dirk Diggler

I think the correct decision would have been to raise ticket prices for the last 3 meaningless home games.

That would have made sense.

Nucky Thompson
Since when ?

I bought a ST due to the fact I was getting a substantial discount for loyalty and paying up front

A lot of people buy a ST to garuntee their seats for the season, a lot of people like to sit beside all their mates every season. People don't just buy them to get cheap prices, some people take out finance and pay a lot more:cool:

A lot of people buy a ST to garuntee their seats for the season, a lot of people like to sit beside all their mates every season. People don't just buy them to get cheap prices, some people take out finance and pay a lot more:cool:

The fact is hearts are showing a disregard for the ST holders as they have all season, and are quite possibly depending on how the booklet was worded breaching the contract they agreed with ST holders

I've got a better idea - why not start producing the goods ON the park and making folk actually WANT to go to the football again..... that might work better....

Excellent idea, only problem is we would have to sign some players who wanted to and were willing to play for us, which will be no easy task now or in the future if we continue on our existing course.

Eh whats the relevence if the prices stayed the same

The club sell season tickets based on tickets costing such and such and people contract on those terms

Im pretty sure last years ST booklet made claims of % savings etc on pay at the gate, therefore hearts are actually in breach of contract if it did - like it does this season

Obviously enough relevence for you to answer the question:p

FWIW I think the club are being sensible in reducing the prices, I would even argue they should have reduced them further.

Businesses have sales from time to time. If you buy goods before the sale at full cost would you go back and complain? I'm sure it's very frustrating to lose out but thems the breaks.

Obviously enough relevence for you to answer the question:p

FWIW I think the club are being sensible in reducing the prices, I would even argue they should have reduced them further.

Businesses have sales from time to time. If you buy goods before the sale at full cost would you go back and complain? I'm sure it's very frustrating to lose out but thems the breaks.

Yes I would if the reductions contradicted my contract

For example the new book mentions percentages, im pretty sure last years did too which means if it did they are now in breach of contract

Regardless, hearts once again are taking the ST holders for a ride because of their own failure on the field

Decisions like this will only damage ST sales

At the start of the season some people pay more for better seats, others less for not so good seats. Some people chose Cat A tickets, others Cat B. To cup-top-up or to not-cup-top-up. Others pay-as-you-go.

If we had been going great guns then those that pick and choose would have been hard pushed to even get a ticket, let alone a decent view or beside their mates.

You pays your money, you takes your choice. A ST is not the financial saving it once was. It's the same seat, each week, for a (roughly) known quantity of games.

IMHO I think reducing the price for these meaningless games is a good idea but every time this happens it sparks the same protestations. It's all me, me, me in society these days - "What do I get?", "What's in it for me?"

I might even take my son to his first Hearts game now. At 4, he might just sit through it and he can learn the hard way that it's not all good!!

davemclaren

For example the new book mentions percentages, im pretty sure last years did too which means if it did they are now in breach of contract

Regardless, hearts once again are taking the ST holders for a ride because of their own failure on the field

Was it in the terms and conditions? Doubt you have a case ,Personally I don't care as I buy a season ticket for the convenience and I'll still get the requisite number of games.

Don't buy one next year but don't moan then when you struggle to get a ticket for the champonship decider on the last day at Tynie. :whistling:

ToadKiller Dog
IMHO I think reducing the price for these meaningless games is a good idea but every time this happens it sparks the same protestations. It's all me, me, me in society these days - "What do I get?", "What's in it for me?"

Its more of case for prancer that every day for him is a fight against an unloving world.

Those ST holders in the prancer camp should take there complaint to the trades descpripton and see if they have a case ,personally i but my ST as it is easier and i get the same seat not because i save a few quid each week.

PresidentRomanov

Prancer conned Hearts out of money when he bought his season ticket anyway, so he got a bigger reduction than those paying into the St Mirren game :)

portobellojambo1

Not only is it ?20 to get in, and on Setanta, but it is also all ticket, which to me just seems plain daft in the circumstances.

The Old Tolbooth
Bingo, my thoughts exactly.

Hey, why dont we throw in a free Home top for the people who buy walk up tickets too.

At this rate, I'd have saved money by buying my seat seperately this season rather than up front.

Never mind. I suppose the club has to do summat to encourage the fans to a meaningless game.

They charged us ?385 for a whole season of meaningless games mate :confused:

They charged us ?385 for a whole season of meaningless games mate :confused:

that all my man and i was ?450 each :)

Not only is it ?20 to get in, and on Setanta, but it is also all ticket, which to me just seems plain daft in the circumstances.

And on the Gretna ticket news it says "Details of tickets for this match will follow in due course." Now not sure if it is me being paranoid or what, will Gretna survive after the Split?????

Jambof3tornado

See below an e mail I received from HMFC today.

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your e mail regarding the reduced prices we have for

our last 3 home games of the current season.

These have been put in place to ensure we have the best attendance

possible at each of the last 3 home matches to give the team as much

support as possible, as we will play games in the bottom 6 we felt

reducing match ticket prices was the best way to boost attendance

figures for games with no League or European benefits to play for.

In no way did we expect to be in this position at the start of the

season and can assure you that we are doing everything possible as a

club to make sure next season is greatly improved on the current

campaign.

Our season ticket prices and brochures don't quote the number of games

a

customer can expect to attend or how many of these would be category A

games, all we can say at the start of each season is that category A

season tickets will include all home SPL matches.

We value the season ticket customers we have very much and know the

important role they play in the future success of the club, in no way

would we make a commercial decision to make our season ticket holders

not feel valued.

The cost of season tickets plus other benefits that are only available

to season ticket holders still make it a very worthwhile purchase each

season over buying individual match tickets and our 08/09 price

structure has savings of between 11-53% on buying match tickets when

bought before 5th May.

Please let me know If we can help further.

Thanks

Heart of Midlothian Ticket Office

Tynecastle Stadium

Gorgie Road

Edinburgh

EH11 2NL

Mobile: heartsfcwap.com

Not sure if I agree with the content but they were very quick to get back to me if that counts for anything.

Guest JamboRobbo

Hi Paul,

campaign.

a

not feel valued.

bought before 5th May.

Thanks

Tynecastle Stadium

Gorgie Road

Edinburgh

EH11 2NL

Not sure if I agree with the content but they were very quick to get back to me if that counts for anything.

I got the same response yesterday. Word for word. that'll explain why they were quick to get back to you.

Hi Paul,

campaign.

a

not feel valued.

bought before 5th May.

Thanks

Tynecastle Stadium

Gorgie Road

Edinburgh

EH11 2NL

Is the bit in bold not on every letter sent out by Hearts these day's.

I wonder if the % Savings are before they have to reduce prices when we end up in the bottom 6 again?

Im sure their amatuer legal team havent even considered broadcasting percantages which later change amounts to them having breached the contract as I and others havent saved the percentage they claimed we would anymore

I wonder if the % Savings are before they have to reduce prices when we end up in the bottom 6 again?

Im sure their amatuer legal team havent even considered broadcasting percantages which later change amounts to them having breached the contract as I and others havent saved the percentage they claimed we would anymore

Well why not just save 100% by NOT GOING.

Well why not just save 100% by NOT GOING.

How productive

How dare a season ticket holder expect the club to give them what they said and how dare someone expect our TO to abide by contract law

Last season hearts stated you would save a %age by buying a ST, those at the lower end of the scale have in essence had their contract breached

and I wont be saving 100% but i will be saving a lot as I wont be renewing and will attend certain games only

Personally Im sick of watching that **** week in week out and if the club dont have the decency to reward and respect those who have been then bugger it

They cant even write ST holders an individual reply

Jambof3tornado

What Hearts could and should have done was reduced the walk up prices and sent a letter out to all season ticket holders saying, "Thank you for your continued support in these difficult times. Please find enclosed a voucher for 50% off next seasons shirt." Given that they gave away shirts with certain walk up tickets this season it would have been nice for some loyalty to be shown.

Commander Harris

I think you'll find that the advertising for last years season ticket would have included a line along the lines of "savings based on current ticket prices, correct at time of going to press."

How productive

How dare a season ticket holder expect the club to give them what they said and how dare someone expect our TO to abide by contract law

Last season hearts stated you would save a %age by buying a ST, those at the lower end of the scale have in essence had their contract breached

and I wont be saving 100% but i will be saving a lot as I wont be renewing and will attend certain games only

Personally Im sick of watching that **** week in week out and if the club dont have the decency to reward and respect those who have been then bugger it

They cant even write ST holders an individual reply

Your gettin a bit repetitive mate.....

Will you be taking this up from a legal perspective, or just whingin about it on here? If you're just gonna whinge on here - you've made your point already..... several times......

Archived