Thomas Flogel

japanjambo

I quite genuinely love that man :wub:

Only man who's come close to him in recent times has been Takis IMO.

Gregory House M.D.

Am I reading the same story? He wants HIBS to win the cup...

If Billy Brown wins the cup with the Hubs, I definetly wouldn't love him. In fact he'd probably fall under my 'Judas' category.

"But Thomas Flogel reckons Brown would become an even bigger legend if he could repeat the trick with Hibs because it's a feat no man alive has managed."

:cheer1:

"It would be an incredible achievement because everyone knows Hibs haven't won it for a very long time and it would be the perfect way to win their fans over as well."

:cheer1:

Hee hee. Nice one Mr Flogel. :cheers:

I quite genuinely love that man :wub:

Only man who's come close to him in recent times has been Takis IMO.

We are on the same wavelength. Model Pros, would love to have more like them.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I loved Thomas Flogel. He always seemed a cut above the rest as a footballer and a human being. I miss the cameraderie that JJ built in that team. Players such as Adam, Salvatori, Rousset and Flogel. To a man all amiable characters, and excellent players to boot.

First Hearts player I ever met :thumbsup:

After his testimonial for Vienna, against Hearts, did he not say it meant more to him to pull on a Hearts jersey again, than it did for him to play the 45 for Vienna?

"They wouldn't just give Billy the Hibs job if he won the Cup ? they'd have to give him the Freedom of Edinburgh!

"It would be an incredible achievement because everyone knows Hibs haven't won it for a very long time and it would be the perfect way to win their fans over as well."

Where does he say he wants them to win? He says it would be a great achievement for BB to win the cup at a club as shite as Hibs. Seems fair to me.

Nowhere does he say that, in fact I do not even see anything he says that could be interpreted as that.

I would happily kiss Thomas Flogel's bare arse in the centre circle of Tynecastle after he'd made the half-time draw.

An absolute diamond.

I met his brother in France at the World Cup 98. He was an absolute bear of a boy and got absolutely leathered with us in Arcachon south of Bordeaux.

This was just after we'd won the cup and was extremely pleased that his brother was so highly thought of by me and my mates.

Good times. I loved Tam Flogel.

My only regret about Tam was that in his last Home game for us he didn't play apart of the game in goals, because in all the years he was with us that was the only position he never played.

IIRC Jim Jeffries said he was the most 'complete' footballer he had seen at Tynecastle.

Big Tam is up there among my favourite all time players :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think i'd go as far as to say he sits proudly at the top of my list. By a pretty considerable distance.

What a guy!

My fondest memory of Tam comes from the 1998 cup final. I was only 10 at the time and when Adam steals in front of big Lorenzo my view is obscured by the two big burly blokes in front who jump up in anticipation. The only player I can see through the crowd is Mr Flogel and his leap of joy is my first indication that we've scored that cruical second.

I would happily kiss Thomas Flogel's bare arse in the centre circle of Tynecastle after he'd made the half-time draw.

Mr Flogel has considered your offer and regrettably feels that he must decline on this occasion.

Signed, his agent :D

Thomas Flogel is living proof that this club gets under your sking and never leaves you.

Once you're part of the Hearts family, it stays with you forever.

Unlike that chimp Sauzee, who couldn't give a toss about those peasants anymore :verysmug:

Thomas Flogel is living proof that this club gets under your sking and never leaves you.

Unlike that chimp Sauzee, who couldn't give a toss about those peasants anymore :verysmug:

THIS, :thumbsup: wee Tam, part of the Hearts Household.

Son Of Anarchy

Ive said a few times on here,I got to know Mrs and Mrs Flogel.He helped me carry boxes of season tickets from my van to the shop when i started speaking Austrian to him one day.He always remembered me after that and even came up to talk to us on the pitch after his last game crying his eyes out.Absolutely loved his time with us and still talks highly of us all the time.True gent.

What a guy!

My fondest memory of Tam comes from the 1998 cup final. I was only 10 at the time and when Adam steals in front of big Lorenzo my view is obscured by the two big burly blokes in front who jump up in anticipation. The only player I can see through the crowd is Mr Flogel and his leap of joy is my first indication that we've scored that cruical second.

did he not do some flick on the bye line and almost score the goal of the century

Ive said a few times on here,I got to know Mrs and Mrs Flogel.He helped me carry boxes of season tickets from my van to the shop when i started speaking Austrian to him one day.He always remembered me after that and even came up to talk to us on the pitch after his last game crying his eyes out.Absolutely loved his time with us and still talks highly of us all the time.True gent.

You speak Austrian?

kingantti1874

Fantastic player - but I remember a derby game at tynie which ended up as a draw where tam could have popped a simple header in for an almost certain goal and he went for the most spectacular o/h kick... Anybody remember that? Never did get the benefit of a replay but it looked a sitter

Superb player. :thumbsup:

I like the fact no-one has anything bad to say about him either. :thumbsup:

now that does make a change for the Terrace :lol:

Thats actually true that, particularly foreign players in my experience. Pasquale Bruno started a Hearts supporters club in Italy i believe and Salvatori, Quitongo (still hangs about Tynie when he can) Bruno Aguiar, Rousset and Adam all feel passionate about Hearts along with many others. I also remember watching an episode of "A question of sport" in the McCoist captain days, Niemi was on McCoist's team, a question came up and the answer was Hearts, Niemi correctly answered and punched the air with a silent "yaas!" gesture, McCoist just stared at him and Niemi just blanked him. Gaun yersel Antti boy!

so true jambonian

stefan adam posts hearts pics and vids pretty often

salvatori not so long back stuck a pic up of him with adam & roussett and their families(i think)

quitongo has all the jambos on his facebook and regularly chats

everyone who's played for us with very few exceptions remain fans and speak of us with glowing reports.

i totally heart mr flogel... still a honey and at robbies testimonial showed he was still a player

Is it just me, or do foreign players seem to 'age' well? ...apart from a certain tached maestro from the 70's ! HAHA!

Lynn :ninja::thumbsup:

Tam was the complete footballer, but I wish he had scored with the headed chance just after we went 2-0 up in the 98 cup final, my hair would be less grey today with a 3 goal cushion for the last 30 minutes, there again, when did Hearts ever do it the easy way?

Genuine quality that lad.

It does seem that the foreign players always stay Jambos. People like Berra just forget about us first chance they get. But, you always hear Flogel, Takis etc praise us to the hilt. And look how much our support means to Rudi. Do we just have a special affection for foreign players?

Genuine quality that lad.

It does seem that the foreign players always stay Jambos. People like Berra just forget about us first chance they get. But, you always hear Flogel, Takis etc praise us to the hilt. And look how much our support means to Rudi. Do we just have a special affection for foreign players?

Could you please enlighten me as to your reasoning as to this part of your post.

Why should you think that Berra thinks less, or indeed nothing, of us, as you describe.........

Could you please enlighten me as to your reasoning as to this part of your post.

Why should you think that Berra thinks less, or indeed nothing, of us, as you describe.........

Well, no reason really.

I just remember Berra saying in an interview with us that he was looking forward to moving on to play for a big club. Of course, he probably meant that he wanted to play in the Premiership, which is fair enough. Still annoys me that anyone, in the world, should think of us as anything but a big club when they're playing for us. It just gives the impression that they're not that arsed about HMFC. Plus, I don't remember ever reading any interviews where he recalls us fondly, in the same way that Tam Flogel or Takis do.

I did like Berra though. Good player. We got money for him. Splendid.

Archived