Jimmy Calderwood- Dumb or just a liar?

Guest u01dg3

Guest u01dg3

Up until saturday us Hearts fans could claim that we were the only team outside the ugly sisters to never finish outwith the top six since the creation of the spl. This was our claim!

Look who seems to think that he can rewrite history and claim this accolade for themselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/7335769.stm

Now I might be wrong (Im not by the way). But im sure that Aberdeen finished second bottom of the spl in the 2003-2004 season.

http://www.covers.co.uk/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/scotland/premierleague/tables/2003-2004/table.html

Im still hurting from saturday, and im hurting even more that the sheep got the top six space. But if Jimmy Calderwood wants to make claims like this he should really be able to back them up.

shaun.lawson

When commenting on their club, managers tend to confine themselves to merely their time in charge. That is all Calderwood is doing here - so I'd politely suggest it's you who's dumb.

loveofthegame

Its just the way its been quoted. I watched his interview after the game on Setanta last night, he meant they've finished top 6 every season since hes been there. Think thats the last 4 years?! But i understand the BBC have quoted it to make it appear that he means Aberdeen in general

Calderwood is a total clown, which is kind of appropriate for the comic cuts club that he manages.

The cod heads must be absolutely spewing that they have a Rangers FC oriented management team of Bernie Winters, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark. Priceless. :)

Guest u01dg3
Its just the way its been quoted. I watched his interview after the game on Setanta last night, he meant they've finished top 6 every season since hes been there. Think thats the last 4 years?! But i understand the BBC have quoted it to make it appear that he means Aberdeen in general

Thanks for clearing that up. Had an irrational bit of anger that ran through me!

shaun.lawson
Calderwood is a total clown, which is kind of appropriate for the comic cuts club that he manages.

The cod heads must be absolutely spewing that they have a Rangers FC oriented management team of Bernie Winters, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark. Priceless. :)

Yeah. I'm sure they're spewing over his record being far better than any Aberdeen manager since Willie Miller, or having got to the last 32 of the UEFA Cup, or being a tie with Queen of the South away from the Cup Final, or having finished above Hearts three out of the last four years. Spewing.

Yeah. I'm sure they're spewing over his record being far better than any Aberdeen manager since Willie Miller, or having got to the last 32 of the UEFA Cup, or being a tie with Queen of the South away from the Cup Final, or having finished above Hearts three out of the last four years. Spewing.

Or not having won a trophy since 1990 and having to leave Pit Tawdry by March 2011 . Spewing.

Commander Harris

they actually do regularly spew about him on their "afc-chat". He seems to have very little support amongst the aberdeen fans.

Guest u01dg3

Are you Calderwoods lover/son/brother/uncle/dad/mistress....(delete as appropriate)

PresidentRomanov

And he wonders why someone would think he's not a Hearts supporter :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
Are you Calderwoods lover/son/brother/uncle/dad/mistress....(delete as appropriate)

Nope. Just someone who recognises what a decent record he has.

Shaun

If everything was so rosy in the gardens of Pittodrie then why are the fans disappearing in their thousands?

shaun.lawson
Or not having won a trophy since 1990 and having to leave Pit Tawdry by March 2011 . Spewing.

Take it you weren't in the least bit interested when we played Rangers in the CIS semis then? And no Hearts fan anywhere is in a position to laugh at another club which may be forced to uproot: it doesn't make us look very clever, to say the least.

Take it you weren't in the least bit interested when we played Rangers in the CIS semis then?

No. Didn't even bother watching it on the telly. It's a diddy cup.

shaun.lawson
Shaun

If everything was so rosy in the gardens of Pittodrie then why are the fans disappearing in their thousands?

Probably because of the utter monotony of football outside the Old Firm. It is no longer possible for any of the rest of us to seriously challenge - and if 3rd is as good as it gets, why bother? Which neatly brings me back to that piece I linked to and you derided earlier... ;)

Westendorfer
Or not having won a trophy since 1990

Wrong again Therapist - '95 League Cup actually. But then you never let facts get in the way of your bile.

shaun.lawson
And he wonders why someone would think he's not a Hearts supporter :rolleyes:

Yeah - because stating a rival manager's record must mean I'm not actually a Hearts supporter. Obviously. :confused:

There's two possibilities.

1. The glory hunters - particularly youngsters - have no glory to hunt any more. Their mid-80s success was a flash in the pan.

2. The missing thousands are possibly still in hospital in Madrid.

PresidentRomanov
Probably because of the utter monotony of football outside the Old Firm. It is no longer possible for any of the rest of us to seriously challenge - and if 3rd is as good as it gets, why bother? Which neatly brings me back to that piece I linked to and you derided earlier... ;)

Imagine how us poor souls who actually go every week feel :confused:

PresidentRomanov
Yeah - because stating a rival manager's record must mean I'm not actually a Hearts supporter. Obviously. :confused:

I was thinking more the way you continually take other teams side.

Most football supporters stick up for their own.

Then again, you're just an internet football supporter ;)

shaun.lawson
No. Didn't even bother watching it on the telly. It's a diddy cup.

Yes, silly me. It was Chelsea v Reading that night, wasn't it...

Say What Again

Looks like he has the perfect CV to be our next manager then.

Wrong again Therapist - '95 League Cup actually. But then you never let facts get in the way of your bile.

I'm aware of that but it's not a proper trophy so doesn't count. :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
I was thinking more the way you continually take other teams side.

Most football supporters stick up for their own.

Then again, you're just an internet football supporter ;)

Yes, many do: I just take a case-by-case approach. That's just me. As I said earlier, every football supporter has his or her own opinions on a wide variety of things.

Westendorfer

Unlike the Texaco cup?

Buffalo Bill

Face like a bulldog licking pish of a jaggy nettle.

A22529141177681315A.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Guest u01dg3

Simple fact is shauny boy, that whether or not Calderwood did mean that Aberdeen have never finished outwith the top six in his time, or any time since the creation of the spl, he is still a fat, ugly lying t***.

He's done alright at Aberdeen without really ever doing anything that has set them apart from the other teams in the league. Unlike Hearts who have done some decent things of recent, apart from this season of course.

If you love him so much, I suggest a burning of the Hearts strip and a long drive north. Youll easily get a season ticket with the dons next year, and can freeze your baws off at Pittodrie cheering on tango man as he battles for a last minute goal against every single game. Good luck with that.

shaun.lawson

Take it you didn't bother watching the Spurs-Chelsea League Cup Final then? And couldn't give a flying one when Mourinho beat Liverpool and Arsenal in the final either?

Looks like he has the perfect CV to be our next manager then.

He's certainly orange enough to keep traditional fans like me happy. :peek_by_Andrin:

Message for Mods/complainers: this is an ironic post making a play on his fake tan derived skin colour and other posters' perceptions of me. I can confirm that Mr Calderwood and Therapist are not, and never have been, rabid bigots.

shaun.lawson
Simple fact is shauny boy, that whether or not Calderwood did mean that Aberdeen have never finished outwith the top six in his time, or any time since the creation of the spl, he is still a fat, ugly lying t***.

He's done alright at Aberdeen without really ever doing anything that has set them apart from the other teams in the league. Unlike Hearts who have done some decent things of recent, apart from this season of course.

If you love him so much, I suggest a burning of the Hearts strip and a long drive north. Youll easily get a season ticket with the dons next year, and can freeze your baws off at Pittodrie cheering on tango man as he battles for a last minute goal against every single game. Good luck with that.

Er - exactly how does my acknowledging his decent record equate to me "loving" Calderwood? Unfortunately, people allow their personal dislike and the frequent bile they throw in his direction to obscure this: Aberdeen had been a shambles for almost a whole decade before he arrived. But many flaws though he undoubtedly has (his rotation obsession especially), he's come close to doing for them what JJ did for us: indeed, if he goes on to win the Cup this season, you could argue he will have done precisely that.

PresidentRomanov
Yes, many do: I just take a case-by-case approach. That's just me. As I said earlier, every football supporter has his or her own opinions on a wide variety of things.

You're obviously better than most though - I mean, you know Latin :shocked666:

Guest u01dg3
Er - exactly how does my acknowledging his decent record equate to me "loving" Calderwood? Unfortunately, people allow their personal dislike and the frequent bile they throw in his direction to obscure this: Aberdeen had been a shambles for almost a whole decade before he arrived. But many flaws though he undoubtedly has (his rotation obsession especially), he's come close to doing for them what JJ did for us: indeed, if he goes on to win the Cup this season, you could argue he will have done precisely that.

Aberdeen wont win the cup!

Aberdeen had been a shambles for almost a whole decade before he arrived.

They still are. That's why they're having to vacate Pit Tawdry - with no alternative home in place - by March 2011.

shaun.lawson
Aberdeen wont win the cup!

They probably won't, I agree. Stranger things have happened though!

shaun.lawson
They still are. That's why they're having to vacate Pit Tawdry - with no alternative home in place - by March 2011.

So I take it Hearts were a shambles for several decades prior to 2005, then?

They probably won't, I agree. Stranger things have happened though!

I want Rangers FC to win it so Heart of Midlothian FC remain the last non-OF team to triumph. I'd be seriously gutted if the cod heads won it. :evilno:

So I take it Hearts were a shambles for several decades prior to 2005, then?

No.

shaun.lawson
No.

Despite continually spending more than we were taking in, and heading to a point where we were bound, ultimately, to have to sell our home? So if we weren't a shambles, how do you suppose Aberdeen, who've been subject to the exact same forces, are?

shaun.lawson
I want Rangers FC to win it so Heart of Midlothian FC remain the last non-OF team to triumph. I'd be seriously gutted if the cod heads won it. :evilno:

If Aberdeen are up against Rangers in the final, I'll disinterestedly support Aberdeen. I never want the OF to win anything. Unlike you, who wants Rangers to win everything that doesn't involve Hearts (and for all I know, maybe some that does too...)

Despite continually spending more than we were taking in, and heading to a point where we were bound, ultimately, to have to sell our home? So if we weren't a shambles, how do you suppose Aberdeen, who've been subject to the exact same forces, are?

Maybe I've missed something, but when were we bound to sell our home? Maybe I live too close to Tynecastle to see the wider picture? :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
Maybe I've missed something, but when were we bound to sell our home? Maybe I live too close to Tynecastle to see the wider picture? :rolleyes:

The fundamentals underpinning the club have been unsound since at least the early 1970s. Once we refurbished most of the ground in the mid-90s, it was inevitable that, if we continued overspending at a time when, post-Bosman, inflationary pressures were forcing everyone to overspend, we'd eventually reach a point whereby our debts outstripped our assets. It's not rocket science! Aberdeen, in the absence of their own Romanov, are simply facing the same problem.

If Aberdeen are up against Rangers in the final, I'll disinterestedly support Aberdeen. I never want the OF to win anything. Unlike you, who wants Rangers to win everything that doesn't involve Hearts (and for all I know, maybe some that does too...)

For the record:

1. I want Heart of Midlothian to win every competition they're in.

2. If Heart of Midlothian FC isn't in a competition but Chelsea FC is, then I want Chelsea FC to win.

3. If Heart of Midlothian FC and Chelsea FC isn't in a competition but Rangers FC is, then I'd prefer Rangers FC to win particularly if it's a domestic competition.

I hope this helps. :)

The fundamentals underpinning the club have been unsound since at least the early 1970s. Once we refurbished most of the ground in the mid-90s, it was inevitable that, if we continued overspending at a time when, post-Bosman, inflationary pressures were forcing everyone to overspend, we'd eventually reach a point whereby our debts outstripped our assets. It's not rocket science! Aberdeen, in the absence of their own Romanov, are simply facing the same problem.

Perhaps, but the funny thing is that Wiggy and Martin "The Philanthropist" Gilbert have the financial muscle to save Pit Tawdry. But they won't, and that's what makes the coddies predicament so hilarious. :)

shaun.lawson
Perhaps, but the funny thing is that Wiggy and Martin "The Philanthropist" Gilbert have the financial muscle to save Pit Tawdry. But they won't, and that's what makes the coddies predicament so hilarious. :)

True - I suspect they'll end up coming to some sort of arrangement with the local council though.

So if Celtic were in the cup final against say Aberdeen you will be on Celtics side?

"Low lie the fields" and all that.

Guest JamboRobbo
So if Celtic were in the cup final against say Aberdeen you will be on Celtics side?

"Low lie the fields" and all that.

:laugh::clap: :clap:

True - I suspect they'll end up coming to some sort of arrangement with the local council though.

I can't see it.

Aberdeen Council is at the centre of an investigation by the Audit Office. :) There appears to be a ?25 million black hole in the accounts so they're going to be short of a bob or two. And if the Council get involved in building a stadium to save Aberdeen, can you imagine all the objections that'll be lodged by local Rangers FC supporters? :)

IF they end up with anything it'll be a 7000 seater - they don't need anything bigger - with running track, long jump pit, discus area etc - that's totally unsuitable for football. Magic. :)

Archived