A Drunk Taxi Driver withwet pants point of view on hibs.

Munch

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15628207.stm

they roll out this old drunken fart every now and again who listens to a drunk driver who wets himself at the wheel. :lol::lol:

oh i forgot he is a hobo legend :woot:

note the picture catches him from waist up, the big wet patch was below and out of camera sight.

Cue "hobo" accusations for what I'm about to say, but.....

I find the constant comments like this above distasteful, to say the least. Why?

1. Which of us doesn't have an incident in our past that we'd rather hadn't happened and would rather not remember? I have several, so I'm not about to chuck in comments about Stanton.

2. For Hearts supporters of my age (56, since you asked), Stanton was admired as a very good and skilful player. Yes, I'll repeat that - a very good and skilful player. Not admired as a Hibs Legend ( although he may well be). Simply a very fine player in a Hibs team that had several players I'd love to have seen in a maroon jersey. And older fans will tell you that in the 70s, we didn't have such a great team.

For you young lads, it may be amusing to take the piss (and I use this term advisedly) but you should know that the man your taking the piss out of could have walked into virtually any SPL team of today.

Now, as I said at the beginning, cue the Hobo taunts.....

Roy Croppers Handbag

I find the constant comments like this above distasteful, to say the least. Why?

1. Which of us doesn't have an incident in our past that we'd rather hadn't happened and would rather not remember? I have several, so I'm not about to chuck in comments about Stanton.

2. For Hearts supporters of my age (56, since you asked), Stanton was admired as a very good and skilful player. Yes, I'll repeat that - a very good and skilful player. Not admired as a Hibs Legend ( although he may well be).

Simply a very fine player in a Hibs team that had several players I'd love to have seen in a maroon jersey. And older fans will tell you that in the 70s, we didn't have such a great team.

For you young lads, it may be amusing to take the piss (and I use this term advisedly) but you should know that the man your taking the piss out of could have walked into virtually any SPL team of today.

:what:

2. For Hearts supporters of my age (56, since you asked), Stanton was admired as a very good and skilful player. Yes, I'll repeat that - a very good and skilful player. Not admired as a Hibs Legend ( although he may well be). Simply a very fine player in a Hibs team that had several players I'd love to have seen in a maroon jersey. And older fans will tell you that in the 70s, we didn't have such a great team.

He may well have been a very good player but that does not mean we can not slag him off if he has embaressed himself.

There are a number of times I have been slagged off for doing something embarrassing but, hey, I am not a good footballer.

Liking anything Hibs is not on and lighten up for gods sake

Gregory House M.D.

:vrface:

Your second point i'll give you... if thats your opinion on old pishydrawers then you're entitled to it and thats fair enough.

But the first point? Good grief. Like you, I have many many things which have happened and would rather forget about. I fully expect to be slagged to kingdom come and back again for doing them. Stanton is very much fair game I'm afraid and if we're at the stage now where even his exploits cant be mentioned or used as fuel in the hobobaiting fire, then its a pretty sad day.

No taunts from me. I totally agree, Pat Stanton was a great player in a great Hibs side!

Auldreekie1874

I heard Stanton getting interviewed on Radio Scotland last night, when asked about the timimg of Calderwood's sacking he replied that the time was right as we're in November and nearly at the end of the season.

Not just his bladder that's going apparently.....

HOBO

I genuinely couldn?t give a flying shite if Mr Colostomy bag was a great player. He played for our fierce and bitter rivals therefore he is a rodent.

Wallace Mercer was a great man and great chairman but it doesn?t stop the Lochend Cockend?s celebrating the fact that he is 6 feet under.

Drewjambobusby

Fair play. I too remember Stanton. He was indeed a great player, and i actually admired him, right up until he score the equaliser in the Derby, at about 9.30 at night !!!!!

However, the pish taking :blink: is only a bit fun, and maybe a bit dated now. Certainly wish we had someone like him in our team now that`s for sure.

This is out of order, my son pishes himself on a regular basis. I can't sit here and see this horrible disability of his mocked relentlessly.

This is my last post ever.

This is out of order, my son pishes himself on a regular basis. I can't sit here and see this horrible disability of his mocked relentlessly.

I mean it too

Honestly.

:isee:

Drewjambobusby

Is Pat McGinley still fair game or will it upset any stalkers or beauticians on the board?

:lol: Different league. He is deffo fair game

Is Pat McGinley still fair game or will it upset any stalkers or beauticians on the board?

think that's still fair to mock the stalk. but we must not be incontinentally incorrect.

Roy Croppers Handbag

It'll only offend them if they just like staying.

No taunts from me. I totally agree, Pat Stanton was a great player in a great Hibs side!

Aye, they won loads right enough. :teehee:

A good player in a half-decent side at the time.....kind of like a 70's Stevie Fulton.

Your second point i'll give you... if thats your opinion on old pishydrawers then you're entitled to it and thats fair enough.

But the first point? Good grief. Like you, I have many many things which have happened and would rather forget about. I fully expect to be slagged to kingdom come and back again for doing them. Stanton is very much fair game I'm afraid and if we're at the stage now where even his exploits cant be mentioned or used as fuel in the hobobaiting fire, then its a pretty sad day.

well said old p-shy pants talks crap :lol:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

:)

Megalolz.

but he wet his pants whilst at the wheel of a car out of his nut on booze.

Doctor FinnBarr

I will miss you so Chimpy babe, don't let the door skelp yer erse on the way oot!

:P

think that's still fair to mock the stalk. but we must not be incontinentally incorrect.

If that's not a recognised phrase, it should be! :D

I heard Stanton getting interviewed on Radio Scotland last night, when asked about the timimg of Calderwood's sacking he replied that the time was right as we're in November and nearly at the end of the season.

Not just his bladder that's going apparently.....

No, he's right. Hibs season usually ends some time in December, maybe January if they have a wee run of form.

My agreeing with you isn't going to help your cause, but you are spot on. Stanton was a classy footballer, and the "virtually" part of your post is unnecessary; he'd walk into any SPL team of today.

I think it probably is an age thing. Like you, I assume the Stanton baiters on here are mostly far too young to have seen him play. I supppose that what they have over us is never to have lived through a prolonged period of Hibs dominance. Long may that continue.

Archived