Poppy Shirts

VeeTee

Does anyone know if the club produced a poppy shirt this year?

I have last years and it's a great top but I can't see anything in the on-line club shop.

I was speakin to a lass the other day who was wearing one. ?50 in the club shop.

Thanks - found in now on-line.

It was hidden away in the 'personalised' section.

Francis Albert

Think they missed an opportunity should have made it wongaless they would have sold more.

But might have been in breach of our agreement with Wonga?

Think they missed an opportunity should have made it wongaless they would have sold more.

Based on what, exactly?

I read in the detail on the on-line store that the poppy represents the fallen in the 1st world war.

WTF - As someone who has lost family in WW2 and more recently in Iraq, the poppy is a symbol of respect for all war dead, surely?

Would be better with the old crest in place of the modern one, not both. Just looks a bit too busy.

St Mirren steward commented favourably on my appeal shirt yerterday so besides knowing the importance of a good pitch, they know style when they see it.

Noticed the lack of anything similar at Fir Park!

fabienleclerq

I read in the detail on the on-line store that the poppy represents the fallen in the 1st world war.

WTF - As someone who has lost family in WW2 and more recently in Iraq, the poppy is a symbol of respect for all war dead, surely?

Originally it was for ww1 because it was one of the only plants to grow on the battlefields in northern france and flanders after they fields were churned by the battles on them.For most people now it represents all fallen servicemen.

Im sure the club doesn't mean to offend you by not mentioning other wars.

Archived