VR#'s statement today on youth players

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

"We will continue to pursue our policy of focusing on youth development and it is likely that Hearts supporters will have an opportunity in the forthcoming season to also see some of the best young players in the country competing for a place in Hearts first team."

Does this mean that Paulo's been told to start giving the young lads more of an airing?

And, if he has, what's likely to be the outcome?

"We will continue to pursue our policy of focusing on youth development and it is likely that Hearts supporters will have an opportunity in the forthcoming season to also see some of the best young players in the country competing for a place in Hearts first team."

Does this mean that Paulo's been told to start giving the young lads more of an airing?

So he still has a say in who gets picked then? :o

Francis Albert

Sergio's only been here for 14 games. It's hardly surprising he has gone for the "tried and tested" while he finds his feet. If he'd thrown in more youngsters and we were sitting in say Hibs position, he'd be getting a lot more stick than he is now. The "developing youngsters" theme is hardly new and Sergio must have been aware of it when he joined. Fortunately we have a bunch of youngsters who seem well worh developing.

Notorious BIG

Sergio's only been here for 14 games. It's hardly surprising he has gone for the "tried and tested" while he finds his feet. If he'd thrown in more youngsters and we were sitting in say Hibs position, he'd be getting a lot more stick than he is now. The "developing youngsters" theme is hardly new and Sergio must have been aware of it when he joined. Fortunately we have a bunch of youngsters who seem well worh developing.

Totally agree, i think he must continue to play the players he is playing and build up a bit of momentum and get a few results and establish us in 3rd or 4th place then gradually play some of the youngsters, playing them now risks us dropping down the league and hindering their progress

Thunderstruck

There has to be a balance of youth and experience in any team.

Yesterday, we had two Academy players making a start - Jonsson and McGowan and we could probably count Templeton as a product of the youth system - given his age when bought.

That is not bad on an ongoing basis and there is, perhaps, a case to be made for a couple of others such as Robinson or Novikovas. I would doubt if we are ready to launch them all into the SPL without a backbone of experienced Pros in the team.

I take VR's statement on bringing on young players as being positive. I doubt therefore that this thread will last long on Page 1 of JKB.

tbh what i took from that statement is that they will contunue to develope younger players threw the academy and it is likely some will be pushing for a place in the team because they are good enough or becuase we will be clearing out some of the dross which means they will have more of a chance to break threw and stake a claim,

i dont think it means he is picking the team or telling paulo to play youth,

tbh what i took from that statement is that they will contunue to develope younger players threw the academy and it is likely some will be pushing for a place in the team because they are good enough or becuase we will be clearing out some of the dross which means they will have more of a chance to break threw and stake a claim,

i dont think it means he is picking the team or telling paulo to play youth,

I'm not saying he picks the team but we have a history of "Vlad flu" at our club and things happening after a visit from him...coincidence <_<

I'm not saying he picks the team but we have a history of "Vlad flu" at our club and things happening after a visit from him...coincidence <_<

cant really argue with you on that, although off the top of my head i cant think of that happening since csaba was here and vlad lost interest?

could be wrong though?

cant really argue with you on that, although off the top of my head i cant think of that happening since csaba was here and vlad lost interest?

could be wrong though?

Zal getting dropped last season,Rudi also Kello.

good time to get any promising kids to sign for HMFC Me thinks. :thumbsup:

Perhaps paving the way for some high profile departures thus necessitating the inclusion of youngsters in the team? Just a thought :whistling:

Perhaps paving the way for some high profile departures thus necessitating the inclusion of youngsters in the team? Just a thought :whistling:

There is not one of our high paid 'stars' who I would particularly miss in all honesty. The squad for what it costs, is exceptionally mediocre.

Alwaysinourshadows

Anyone who has watched the under 19's this season think there are any players who could make the step up from 19's to 1st team?

Anyone who has watched the under 19's this season think there are any players who could make the step up from 19's to 1st team?

not watched them but from all accounts Holt is a really good player,

Carl Fredrickson

Maybe Vlad has not been impressed with the quality of players that we have brought in and expected far more/better for his money.

An advantage of bringing young players through is that they should be more familiar with the teams style of play and the workings of the club.

We have been hearing about these cut backs/player young players for years and years. The closest that we have come to this IMO is the early days under MacDonald & JJs first time.

If we have decent players coming through, play a couple of them and see how they develop. We have also heard so much about so many promising youngsters that have come to nowt. Could part of the failure of so many of them be due to the lack of first team opportunities?

I actually find this part of Vlads statement encouraging IF we actually play the young players.

Archived