FIFA ban England wear a Poppy

PsychocAndy

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

It's not that big of a deal. Players can wear them on their suits etc before and after the game. The rules are there for a reason. You'd start getting all sorts on shirts if they changed them.

I believe Geff Stelling expressed his outrage at this. I agree this is madness. Hopefully enough people will make their feelings known

Unfortunately, it seems, with FIFA, if these protests don't come with a brown envelope they don't care.

I would suggest they wear the strip. If FIFA try to fine them I would imagine they would be laughed out of court.

FFS - outraged by something from the Daily mail! Rules are there for a reason, get over yourself the poppy parade!

They should wear them anyway and put 2 fingers right up to the 2nd most corrupt and broken organisation on the planet.

Pretty sure most ex-soldiers would probably prefer that the overpaid nancy boys didn't wear them anyway.

The image of the poppy is beginning to lose it's sacred status because of all this shite.

The heading is a little disingenuous.

I understand FIFA ban any and all amendments/augmentations to strips. In that case, the poppy is merely falling foul to a rule set for other things. A bit unfortunate but not the end of the world. Hopefully FIFA will look at that regulation and tweak it slightly.

The heading is a little disingenuous.

I understand FIFA ban any and all amendments/augmentations to strips. In that case, the poppy is merely falling foul to a rule set for other things. A bit unfortunate but not the end of the world. Hopefully FIFA will look at that regulation and tweak it slightly.

Correct. We arent allowed to wear it and rightfully so in my opinion. Wear your poppy with pride but it should be kept off of international football shirts. Would we be happy if Iran put an anti-Israel slogan, or if North Korea, or Argentina put on similar on their shirts? I can imagine the outrage papers like the Mail would have if the Argies wore a Falklands related political badge. The rule is there for a reason and should apply to all. Keep politics out of football.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Correct. We arent allowed to wear it and rightfully so in my opinion. Wear your poppy with pride but it should be kept off of international football shirts. Would we be happy if Iran put an anti-Israel slogan, or if North Korea, or Argentina put on similar on their shirts? I can imagine the outrage papers like the Mail would have if the Argies wore a Falklands related political badge. The rule is there for a reason and should apply to all. Keep politics out of football.

Spot on. It's a bit insensitive wearing it against an opponent you've had a war with.

Spot on. It's a bit insensitive wearing it against an opponent you've had a war with.

^^^^^^^^^^ b ollox :down:

Wear the Poppy with pride :thumbsup:

The poppy is not a political symbol, it's a sign of remembrance for all soldiers who have given the ultimate sacrifice, from all sides in all wars.

Well even if they don't do the decent thing all football fans will! Kilt on for Friday at Waverley station! Be there!

You actually mean one of your better half`s skirts !!!

Wearing a poppy should always be a personal choice - after all, idealistically, that is what people fought for. Players don't get that choice if it is part of their teams strip. It should not be on a football strip.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I emailed the SFA to ask if the Scotland team would be wearing one and response was:

" To let you know we will be doing a full team photo shoot in the run up to the match with the new kit adorned with the poppy, and on the night of the match the players will be wearing the poppies on their training kit for the national anthems and the backroom staff with also have them on their benchwear. We do not have plans to release a limited edition shirt but I am sure a number of our travelling fans will be wearing the poppies at the match."

Archived