Tin Hat On

Alan_R

So Paulo Sergios getting pelters... the players are being slated.. well perhaps rightly so but:

It seems anyone who states the obvious gets shot down or cast as paranoid. Now I've never been anti-vlad but it is one thing being realistic and knowing we are stuck in a rock and a hard place with him, but its another defending him and making allowances for his behaviour as if he can do no wrong.

The dire formations, the odd team selections and huddys like Mrowiec constantly being in about the first team. It is all too familiar. Dress it up how you want but the fact is the one common denominator is Vlad. He has and will continue to stick his oar into the dressing room and do as he pleases.

Not suggesting there is much we can do about it but I'm pretty sick of it. If there was any sort of viable alternative I wish he would feck right off.

Are you suggesting Vlad's picking the team? :blink:

No. However I think he has too much of an influence of what goes on, on the pitch. To the extent that we may not see the proper potential of any of our managers or players.

I'm not following you, Alan. In what way are you suggesting Romanov is interfering?

So Paulo Sergios getting pelters... the players are being slated.. well perhaps rightly so but:

It seems anyone who states the obvious gets shot down or cast as paranoid. Now I've never been anti-vlad but it is one thing being realistic and knowing we are stuck in a rock and a hard place with him, but its another defending him and making allowances for his behaviour as if he can do no wrong.

The dire formations, the odd team selections and huddys like Mrowiec constantly being in about the first team. It is all too familiar. Dress it up how you want but the fact is the one common denominator is Vlad. He has and will continue to stick his oar into the dressing room and do as he pleases.

Not suggesting there is much we can do about it but I'm pretty sick of it. If there was any sort of viable alternative I wish he would feck right off.

I think other share holders at UBIG will pull the plug on us anyway. We are no longer a viable option, we have no player worth any more than ?1/2 million.

I think most people know Vlad has numerous flaws but accept you'd go insane if you constantly decried them on here so instead decide to poke a little fun at the situation since there is basically nothing moaning on JKB every day is going to do to fix things.

kingantti1874

Not for me... Jeffries wouldnt have put up with it, and neither would Sergio.. I don't think he has messed about like that since before Csaba took the job when the team changed dramatically on a weekly basis... It's too consistent and not the hallmark of vlad at all

No. However I think he has too much of an influence of what goes on, on the pitch. To the extent that we may not see the proper potential of any of our managers or players.

How is he doing that then? Is he picking the formation? Certain players? Because if I'm honest, I've never got that impression since before Csaba got the job (barring the odd "he's not playing because he's not going to sign a new deal" scenario).

Are you suggesting Vlad's picking the team? :blink:

No all he's saying is like when Vlad stuck his oar in before players who should be dropped are getting started and that Vlads is a dick and wish he would get to **** but realises we're stuck with him.[i think] :unsure:

I've never had that impression.

I just think that our players are average at best. No stars.

It'll be a shitty rest of the season thats for sure.

kingantti1874

I think other share holders at UBIG will pull the plug on us anyway. We are no longer a viable option, we have no player worth any more than ?1/2 million.

1/2 million more than any of the leith relegation fodder... Does that bother you? Just askin

And if UBIG pull the plug what do try get back ? We will be here for a long time - and if not ... We will be back very quickly and shit all over the docksiders again

No all he's saying is like when Vlad stuck his oar in before players who should be dropped are getting started and that Vlads is a dick and wish he would get to **** but realises we're stuck with him.[i think] :unsure:

Stus got it. Nail on head.

Maybe just a bit of a rant right enough. I still don't think any of our managers have got complete free reign to mould the squad how they'd like. There was a glipse of that with Jefferies but that all went to pot.

Barney Rubble

Nah its the opposite way vlads stuck with us and he knows it , scottish football is going down the shitter with nothing being done to address the issues we have in the game and vlad realises that we along with his investment are dissapearing down the pan .

ToadKiller Dog

What weird selections ? You might not agree with who Sergio picks but he basically has stuck to the same core of players with out any wild changes , Reading Sergios articulate comments over the Brines cheatery or his anger against Killie . He is nobodies poodle . Segio seems to me he is his own man and a straight talker .

Nah its the opposite way vlads stuck with us and he knows it , scottish football is going down the shitter with nothing being done to address the issues we have in the game and vlad realises that we along with his investment are dissapearing down the pan .

We can all see that chooch but as I've said in other threads he like it or not is destroying our club,yes he saved us from the pieman but turned a proud club into the Vlad show,a soap opera that every few months has a major spanner thrown in the works and most of the trouble comes from within,remember he holds our future in his hands and that'll mean more pish instead of just being about football.

We can all see that chooch but as I've said in other threads he like it or not is destroying our club,yes he saved us from the pieman but turned a proud club into the Vlad show,a soap opera that every few months has a major spanner thrown in the works and most of the trouble comes from within,remember he holds our future in his hands and that'll mean more pish instead of just being about football.

I think Stu is basically echoing my sentiments but putting it much better.

I agree. Well put lad. :thumbsup:

It's highly unlikely Vlad is interfering with team selection.

He sanctioned the signings of 4 players in the summer; Hammill, Grainger, Taouil and Sutton. Paulo has regularly played Hammil and Grainger, has played Taouil on and off depending on fitness and hasn't played Sutton.

It's clear Paulo thinks Hammill and Grainger are the best options in the squad, Taouil in certain games and doesn't rate Sutton.

Barney Rubble

I agree with you mate hes stuck with us we,re stuck with him but there is no alternative for now , on topic at first i was thinking that there might be a bit of vlad meddling in sergios selections but ive come to realise after listening to his pre and after match comments that he is a straight down the middle guy like JJ and will probably last just as long or less than he did .

All I'll say is Mroweic is a good DM it's what he does but he'll get the peters because the other players round about him are pish.Mroweic ain't there to be creative that's the job of others.

I agree with you mate hes stuck with us we,re stuck with him but there is no alternative for now , on topic at first i was thinking that there might be a bit of vlad meddling in sergios selections but ive come to realise after listening to his pre and after match comments that he is a straight down the middle guy like JJ and will probably last just as long or less than he did .

It's not me that thinks he's sticking his nose into team affairs chooch but when he arrived we had something special and he,not the press,not refs and not the s.f.a. that has made so many wholesale changes that affect players,the club and us,the life blood of the club ,the fans who can fend off porkies in the press and arguments with other fans but are left constantly thinking what next!

All I'll say is Mroweic is a good DM it's what he does but he'll get the peters because the other players round about him are pish.Mroweic ain't there to be creative that's the job of others.

What he reminds me of at the moment is a trial game Brellier played up at East Fife or somewhere like that.

He was a fish out of water in that game - with someone having the idea that the destroyer Brellier should be trying to play like Mickey Cameron bursting forward into the box. He was hopeless at it and I was amazed that he got signed. Only to see what he could do when he played in his real position.

Mrowiec is embarassingly hopeless in the forward midfield inside right position he is playing at the moment.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:laugh:

What a pisspoor effort.

It's not me that thinks he's sticking his nose into team affairs chooch but when he arrived we had something special and he,not the press,not refs and not the s.f.a. that has made so many wholesale changes that affect players,the club and us,the life blood of the club ,the fans who can fend off porkies in the press and arguments with other fans but are left constantly thinking what next!

Something special

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like going into administration or murrayfield

Something special

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like going into administration or murrayfield

No like having a great start under George Burley,like a team that was playing outstanding football and why you pulled out a reply about administration :ermm:

Francis Albert

Any thread titled "Tin hat on" is a pile of crap. I mean, it's an internet forum. Why should you need a tin hat FFS?

Any thread titled "Tin hat on" is a pile of crap. I mean, it's an internet forum. Why should you need a tin hat FFS?

Could well be that it's for this time of night when alot of folk are pished and the wind ups and insults fill the forum and this appears every 5mins :verysmug:

I've never had that impression.

I just think that our players are average at best. No stars.

It'll be a shitty rest of the season thats for sure.

That's how I see it as well. That's not to say I believe PS is immune to criticism but when it comes to game changing quality I don't think there's anyone in our side who can do it consistently.

Results such as today's will be more common than not with this batch of players. No point getting worked up over it.

Snake Plissken

It's a crap cliche.

Just say what you have to say and don't be a pussy about it by prefixing it with 'tin hat on'.

Francis Albert

I translate "Tin Hat on" as "I am posting crap. I know I am. But if anyone points out I am posting crap, I am immune to their criticism because I have admitted I am posting crap"

I think Stu is basically echoing my sentiments but putting it much better.

I agree. Well put lad. :thumbsup:

Sorry Alan, but if you did a bit of research into Portuguese football you would know that PS is a very pragmatic and tactical manager. If you are frustrated that we aren't playing free flowing continental football, this time it really isn't Vlad at the cause. PS believes that Mrowiec is needed in the team alongside Black or Jonsson to shore up the defensive aspects of the game. Rather than taking a risk and playing the more attacking players we have.

Sorry Alan, but if you did a bit of research into Portuguese football you would know that PS is a very pragmatic and tactical manager. If you are frustrated that we aren't playing free flowing continental football, this time it really isn't Vlad at the cause. PS believes that Mrowiec is needed in the team alongside Black or Jonsson to shore up the defensive aspects of the game. Rather than taking a risk and playing the more attacking players we have.

Well in which case our pool of players is below par. We really should be getting more for our money. I've said before but over the next few windows we really need to be getting quality over quantity.

Archived