Players Have Been Paid!

basher161

Barney Rubble

Geoff....

You said VR has a lot more to lose than we do.

He doesn't.

And I know exactly what I said and I've reiterated my views in the last few posts on this thread.

As ubig are the largest major creditor of our debt could it be that administration is the best way forward for all concerned ? someone buys the club on the cheap ubig take stadium and any other assets and they get the nod when we can come out of admin we continue playing at Tynie, jobs a good un is that what its going to pan out like ?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts

As ubig are the largest major creditor of our debt could it be that administration is the best way forward for all concerned ? someone buys the club on the cheap ubig take stadium and any other assets and they get the nod when we can come out of admin jobs a good un is that what its going to pan out like ?

I'd be surprised if UBIG took the route of administration.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff....

You said VR has a lot more to lose than we do.

He doesn't.

You say potato, I say potato. Just like your "we would have survived" both are speculative. It won't stop you of course claiming your opinion to be the only one that is correct, as is your wont.

And I know exactly what I said and I've reiterated my views in the last few posts on this thread.

Reiterated is a good word where you are concerned DH. In essence, you want to crystallise an event where Vlad has that decision to make. We both think that he would take the same course of action at that juncture but then use the other alternative as an argument to remove him. Interesting logic.

Alright Enzo....

Still believing The Scum are we?

See you've buggered off again sharpish....

I don't read The Sun HB. Usually, however, you will find it uncovers the truth and if it finds an enemy in people like Tommy Sheridan, Hugh Grant and other assorted lefties then it must be doing some good! Daily Mail for me - reveals the truth about stories that politicians and Russian oligarchs don't want you to know.

As ubig are the largest major creditor of our debt could it be that administration is the best way forward for all concerned ? someone buys the club on the cheap ubig take stadium and any other assets and they get the nod when we can come out of admin we continue playing at Tynie, jobs a good un is that what its going to pan out like ?

You've been reading the Rangers thread, haven't you?

Financially we're fine. UBIG is our sole creditor and also our owner. I tend to think of us as in debt to ourselves. Not a problem for as long as they see investment opportunities. It's if these opportunities go things change. Then the danger is a mass sell of our assets by them to recoup some of their investment ahead of a sale of whats left to another party.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't read The Sun HB. Usually, however, you will find it uncovers the truth and if it finds an enemy in people like Tommy Sheridan, Hugh Grant and other assorted lefties then it must be doing some good! Daily Mail for me - reveals the truth about stories that politicians and Russian oligarchs don't want you to know.

:laugh:

And how are South East England house prices? Have those immigrants driven them down yet? :stuart:

Barney Rubble

You've been reading the Rangers thread, haven't you?

Financially we're fine. UBIG is our sole creditor and also our owner. I tend to think of us as in debt to ourselves. Not a problem for as long as they see investment opportunities. It's if these opportunities go things change. Then the danger is a mass sell of our assets by them to recoup some of their investment ahead of a sale of whats left to another party.

Yeah possibly the difference being that ubig can give the nod to take us out of admin whereas in rangers case its hmrc and i know who id rather have ! Also are there many investment opportunities left in HMFC ?

Drylaw Hearts

You say potato, I say potato. Just like your "we would have survived" both are speculative. It won't stop you of course claiming your opinion to be the only one that is correct, as is your wont.

In the event of Hearts going bust it is your opinion that VR would lose more than the Hearts support.

I think you couldn't be more wrong.

And I'd like to think my opinion is one that will be shared by the majority of Hearts supporters.

Reiterated is a good word where you are concerned DH. In essence, you want to crystallise an event where Vlad has that decision to make. We both think that he would take the same course of action at that juncture but then use the other alternative as an argument to remove him. Interesting logic.

Geoff...

Are we still discussing VR having more to lose than the Hearts support ?

If so....you are still wrong.

Geoff Kilpatrick

In the event of Hearts going bust it is your opinion that VR would lose more than the Hearts support.

I think you couldn't be more wrong.

And I'd like to think my opinion is one that will be shared by the majority of Hearts supporters.

What do Hearts supporters have to lose? If we both think UBIG would sell up and at worst maintain a lease on Tynecastle, we wouldn't notice anything particularly different except the cost of the playing squad. Given the quality of some of our high earners that isn't that much.

Geoff...

Are we still discussing VR having more to lose than the Hearts support ?

If so....you are still wrong.

No, we're discussing you using liquidation, which you don't believe would happen, as an argument to remove Romanov.

Yeah possibly the difference being that ubig can give the nod to take us out of admin whereas in rangers case its hmrc and i know who id rather have ! Also are there many investment opportunities left in HMFC ?

Absolutely. New stadium complex type real estate is a long term investment. Still think this is their main goal.

Drylaw Hearts

What do Hearts supporters have to lose? If we both think UBIG would sell up and at worst maintain a lease on Tynecastle, we wouldn't notice anything particularly different except the cost of the playing squad. Given the quality of some of our high earners that isn't that much.

You are back-peddling at a furious rate Geoff.

The whole scenario was based on VR liquidating the club (as was clearly posted) and not continuing as the current football club leasing a stadium and losing a few players.

No, we're discussing you using liquidation, which you don't believe would happen, as an argument to remove Romanov.

Again....it was hypothetical.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You are back-peddling at a furious rate Geoff.

The whole scenario was based on VR liquidating the club (as was clearly posted) and not continuing as the current football club leasing a stadium and losing a few players.

I'm hardly back-peddling DH. If Vlad liquidated the club, I'm willing to bet that a group would buy the ground and the same or different group would buy a club a la Airdrie United. HMFC would be reborn in a different guise. Not pleasant, agreed, but salvagable.

Vlad, meanwhile, would have the problem of wiping assets off UBIG's balance sheet and the potential implications of that for him.

Again....it was hypothetical.

Quite, and while people continue to knot their knickers by fearing the worst, I'd rather get on with following the football.

Cool, just wanted to clarify things.

:thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

I'm hardly back-peddling DH. If Vlad liquidated the club, I'm willing to bet that a group would buy the ground and the same or different group would buy a club a la Airdrie United. HMFC would be reborn in a different guise. Not pleasant, agreed, but salvagable.

Vlad, meanwhile, would have the problem of wiping assets off UBIG's balance sheet and the potential implications of that for him.

You are quite clearly sticking by the fact that if Hearts went to wall VR would lose more than the Hearts support.

I find that point of view incredible.

Regardless of how much money VR could lose he's a 60+ man who I suspect will live quite comfortably for the rest of his natural whilst the Hearts support would need to live with the agony of losing our club and seeing a Hearts MKII start again from somewhere that isn't Tynecastle and at best the bottom division of the SFL.

[/b]

Lets not be silly. Thousands of Hearts fans would come back if Vlad left? Where were they before Vlad arrived?

And a commie? Do you know what a commie is?

I think our crowds are still bigger than they were in the immediate seasons before Vlad arrived.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You are quite clearly sticking by the fact that if Hearts went to wall VR would lose more than the Hearts support.

I find that point of view incredible.

Regardless of how much money VR could lose he's a 60+ man who I suspect will live quite comfortably for the rest of his natural whilst the Hearts support would need to live with the agony of losing our club and seeing a Hearts MKII start again from somewhere that isn't Tynecastle and at best the bottom division of the SFL.

I found your "we would have survived" point of view incredible.

As for your latter part, it isn't going to happen so stop worrying about it.

Drylaw Hearts

I found your "we would have survived" point of view incredible.

As for your latter part, it isn't going to happen so stop worrying about it.

I'm not worried about it.

Anyway...

I'm off to get ready for todays match.

Btw...

"Vlad has more to lose than the Hearts support"

I doubt you have ever been more wrong about anything as much as that in your entire life.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not worried about it.

Anyway...

I'm off to get ready for todays match.

Btw...

"Vlad has more to lose than the Hearts support"

I doubt you have ever been more wrong about anything as much as that in your entire life.

As it is a supposition that won't be tested, I'm more than confident that isn't the case.

Enjoy the game. Off to bed so that I can get up and tune in in a few hours.

Archived