Players Have Been Paid!

basher161

Good news and interesting that bonuses have been paid too.

And cutting the wage bill, no problem with that, we have too many average players who don't earn their money. Lets get rid and give the likes of Mcgowan the chance they deserve!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

for saying the wages were 19 days late?

they were 19 days late.....

Do you think the players will just forget all about it?

How about for saying Hearts were facing a winding up petition for a bill paid nearly 3 months ago? Or for saying there was a fire sale where high earners had been told to find another club?

Even when the Beeb caught onto the fact the tax bill had been paid they said it was paid 2 weeks ago. Where did that come from, or was it just made up?

Francis Albert

All the drama could have been avoided

by paying the bloody wages on time!

lets see what happens in 2 weeks time when they are due again

team morale will be through the floor after this shambles so lets hope they can put it behind them for Saturday

No evidence it was below the floor before they were paid.

There is a job on the Sun for you.

coatbridgejambo
LOLmore to follow....when we are able to make up more nonsense headlines.:)
:spoton:

The White Cockade

No evidence it was below the floor before they were paid.

There is a job on the Sun for you.

are you an ostrich?

Seems to be a whole flock of them on Kickback

Ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

Francis Albert

are you an ostrich?

Seems to be a whole flock of them on Kickback

What? There have been a whole flock of players on Kickback?

Name them. (Or at least their user names).

Phew for now. Don't think this problem is going to go away though we are struggling to keep our necks heads above the water!

Francis Albert

Phew for now. Don't think this problem is going to go away though we are struggling to keep our necks heads above the water!

Nope, as long as we need about ?0.5m a month cash injection from Vlad, the problem is likely to recur.

Hopefully, beneath the media hysteria and misreporting there is some kernel of truth about our living within our means in futeure.

The fact that we managed to pay the players two weeks late is hardly something we can feel like something to gloat to the Hibees about!

Its embarrassing to be honest and I certainly won't be checking what they are saying at the moment.

I just hope this doesn't happen again next month!

Never will a group of highly paid individuals be so elated about receiving....what they're due!!!!

This could relate to a motivational course Romanov went on a few months ago entitled...'Treat'em Mean, Keep'em keen'

Or not.

The fact that we managed to pay the players two weeks late is hardly something we can feel like something to gloat to the Hibees about!

Its embarrassing to be honest and I certainly won't be checking what they are saying at the moment.

I can't believe the celebrations that seem to be going on here. It has been yet another highly embarassing fortnight for the club. There should be a bit more humility. Anyone who isn't extremely concerned about the future of the club must be seriously deluded. Tomorrow's game is meaningless in the scheme of things - the best bit of news this week was Iain Mercer's revelation in The Daily Mail that there are Edinburgh businessmen who have an interest, individually or as part of a consortium, in taking over the debt. All we need now is for Romanov to accept a ?1 reward for taking us to the brink and he can scuttle back to his submarine. I find it incredible that everyone from Fraser Wishart to the BBC and The Scotsman are receiving criticism but the person that is SOLELY responsible for our problems is back in the good books.

I can't believe the celebrations that seem to be going on here. It has been yet another highly embarassing fortnight for the club. There should be a bit more humility. Anyone who isn't extremely concerned about the future of the club must be seriously deluded. Tomorrow's game is meaningless in the scheme of things - the best bit of news this week was Iain Mercer's revelation in The Daily Mail that there are Edinburgh businessmen who have an interest, individually or as part of a consortium, in taking over the debt. All we need now is for Romanov to accept a ?1 reward for taking us to the brink and he can scuttle back to his submarine. I find it incredible that everyone from Fraser Wishart to the BBC and The Scotsman are receiving criticism but the person that is SOLELY responsible for our problems is back in the good books.

Oh really.....

You mean this month!! :o

Never mind Chiefo, only a couple of weeks until the next potential payday dramas and you can start rubbing your hands with glee again... :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

All the drama could have been avoided

by paying the bloody wages on time!

lets see what happens in 2 weeks time when they are due again

team morale will be through the floor after this shambles so lets hope they can put it behind them for Saturday

I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of modern football. There is no such thing as playing for the jersey, or loyalty to clubs these days, it's all about money. Yes, the players have been paid late, and it is nothing to be proud of. It is a simple operation to ensure funds are in place to process your monthly payroll run, but it didn't happen on this occasion. The players today received their monthly salary, plus an addiitonal payment to cover the inconvenience caused, they also received their bonuses. Chances are that the players will be higher than a kite tomorrow rather than in low morale.

I think Wishart gets criticism because he goes public with negative situations involving Hearts.

Remember, Hearts stuck by CT. This gave us negative criticism too. Some of it was deserved, some was hysterical, but where was Fraser Wishart then? At no point did he come out and back Hearts for helping a player he is suppose to represent or to distance himself from the player, but as soon as there is a negative incident for someone he represents, he is quoted in every newspaper.

That is why he gets stick, Enzo.

Wondered where Enzo had been....

This place has felt empty without him this last week.

:sob:

Hope you enjoy the match tomorrow Enzo. :thumbsup:

Never mind Chiefo, only a couple of weeks until the next potential payday dramas and you can start rubbing your hands with glee again... :thumbsup:

Myself, along with other posters on here, and the BBC, Scotsman etc, are merely reporting the facts. The players were paid 19 days late and that is totally unacceptable. The fact that the club conveniently imposed a media ban did not help. The fact that we have a board that never meets apart from family celebrations back in Russia, or their adopted country of Lithuania, means that the players have no means of getting information. I rely on the press for information as the website is a Pravda-style propaganda machine. The important thing here is that this was not a payroll glitch as some would like to believe - it is a question of funding and, although I genuinely hope I am wrong, it will happen again in a fortnight.

With regard to perceived anti-Hearts bias, the BBC have also angered Rangers, so are they biased against both clubs for reporting facts about the respective owners??? The SFA let Sergio off with a mere caution - are they still anti-Hearts ????

Fermit the Krog

Myself, along with other posters on here, and the BBC, Scotsman etc, are merely reporting the facts. The players were paid 19 days late and that is totally unacceptable. The fact that the club conveniently imposed a media ban did not help. The fact that we have a board that never meets apart from family celebrations back in Russia, or their adopted country of Lithuania, means that the players have no means of getting information. I rely on the press for information as the website is a Pravda-style propaganda machine. The important thing here is that this was not a payroll glitch as some would like to believe - it is a question of funding and, although I genuinely hope I am wrong, it will happen again in a fortnight.

With regard to perceived anti-Hearts bias, the BBC have also angered Rangers, so are they biased against both clubs for reporting facts about the respective owners??? The SFA let Sergio off with a mere caution - are they still anti-Hearts ????

The Sun?

Do they deal in facts also?

Funny Hibs fan.

"Those tears will turn to laughter when they fail to pay the wages which IIRC are due a week on Wednesday. If it means that Craig Thomson can't afford to pay for his internet then I salute Vlad." laugh.gif

Paulie Walnut

Bore off

Looks like the professionalism and patience of the players has been rewarded. :greggy: And to think that they were getting pelters on here for not being likeable enough. :down: :down: :down:

Someone else has come through for us as well though. As a great man once said...

MR ROMANOV ALWAYS PAYS

:verysmug:

4gm90i.jpg

Were Hearts in court this week to be wound up ??

Facts my erse.

Glad its finally be sorted. Should be intresting in a couple of weeks to see if the get paid on time.

No doubt the sun will try and put a negitive spin on the players being paid.

Were Hearts in court this week to be wound up ??

Facts my erse.

You are right. The bill was paid in August and every media outlet knew this and knew the hearing was to delete the petition. They either ignored this or just casually mentioned it., insinuating it was paid at the last minute. It did not stop them using a headline that told a completely different story though.

portobellojambo1

Over the course of the last week the only facts that the BBC/Scotsman etc have got right was that the players were awaiting their salaries Neil, and that was already known information. They then tried to invent information through a total lack of investigation. the basis of their stories were that the club were to be wound up yesterday (fecking garbage) and when the truth came out about that they then moved on to making ludicrous statement about the high earners having been told they could all feck off in January because HMFC wouldn't be paying them (again feckin garbage).

If they had stuck to the facts, and there was only one fact, the playing staff at HMFC failed to receive their salaries on time, it would have been played out after one day, all well and good, I have no problem with newspapers/broadcasters presenting facts, in fact that is what I expect them to do. Instead they produced total lies, and incidents they had failed to investigate properly to try and keep people interested (presumably). That is unacceptable, and no one should back the media's stance when this happens. I have been critical of Romanov in the past, very critical, I have also commented on people's reactions to some things which appear in the press (and are true) that people get agitated by. But on this occasion I think the press have been rightly castigated for stepping way over the mark.

The late payment of wages is nothing to be proud of, however the sticking point seems to be the lack of communication with the players, and I think we all accept this is something that could be done better. But I hope you will accept, given we both worked for the same companies for a long time, there is information that companies release and there is information which you never hear about. Different people will read different things into communication breakdowns but they are a fact of life, in all businesses. I would even question whether or not HMFC fans/the media actually have a right to know such information, do the media demand such information from all companies who do something wrong, do they even bother reporting the original mistake(s).

As for your closing point re. Paulo Sergio. I know you are intelligent so would hope you would be able to play the situation through in your head and see what conclusion you come to. The outcome of a hearing at which Paulo Sergio was expected to get a multi match ban resulted in him only being censured. As an intelligent person I wouldn't think it would take you long to work out why. His ban will come, make no mistake about that, he will get the kitchen sink thrown at him at his next appearance on 17 November.

The SFA let Sergio off with a mere caution - are they still anti-Hearts ????

A mere caution was about as much as I would expect for mere honesty. Sergio will get a ban for the Kilmarnock game though.

To be honest I don't even know why you brought the SFA into it. The posters of this thread were having a go at Hibs fans (plus some of our own fans) and elements of the media who have blown this situation out of all proportion yet again.

The players being paid late is a far from ideal situation, but the talk of "fire sales" and players ripping up contracts was way over the top.

We rely on funding from UBIG to make ends meet, the club could not afford to pay the wages they do without this funding. Sometimes we have to wait for this funding to pay our way, its not an ideal situation but its not the armeggedon senario that certain journalists would have you believe.

Looks like the professionalism and patience of the players has been rewarded. :greggy: And to think that they were getting pelters on here for not being likeable enough. :down: :down: :down:

Someone else has come through for us as well though. As a great man once said...

MR ROMANOV ALWAYS PAYS

:verysmug:

4gm90i.jpg

Indeed he does Francis...

Once again calm heads prevail...what was it Kipling wrote about?

vlad-1.jpg

The Sun?

Do they deal in facts also?

(quote]

In the main, I believe they do. The people that object to them tend to be people who don't like hearing the truth.

Over the course of the last week the only facts that the BBC/Scotsman etc have got right was that the players were awaiting their salaries Neil, and that was already known information. They then tried to invent information through a total lack of investigation. the basis of their stories were that the club were to be wound up yesterday (fecking garbage) and when the truth came out about that they then moved on to making ludicrous statement about the high earners having been told they could all feck off in January because HMFC wouldn't be paying them (again feckin garbage).

If they had stuck to the facts, and there was only one fact, the playing staff at HMFC failed to receive their salaries on time, it would have been played out after one day, all well and good, I have no problem with newspapers/broadcasters presenting facts, in fact that is what I expect them to do. Instead they produced total lies, and incidents they had failed to investigate properly to try and keep people interested (presumably). That is unacceptable, and no one should back the media's stance when this happens. I have been critical of Romanov in the past, very critical, I have also commented on people's reactions to some things which appear in the press (and are true) that people get agitated by. But on this occasion I think the press have been rightly castigated for stepping way over the mark.

The late payment of wages is nothing to be proud of, however the sticking point seems to be the lack of communication with the players, and I think we all accept this is something that could be done better. But I hope you will accept, given we both worked for the same companies for a long time, there is information that companies release and there is information which you never hear about. Different people will read different things into communication breakdowns but they are a fact of life, in all businesses. I would even question whether or not HMFC fans/the media actually have a right to know such information, do the media demand such information from all companies who do something wrong, do they even bother reporting the original mistake(s).

As for your closing point re. Paulo Sergio. I know you are intelligent so would hope you would be able to play the situation through in your head and see what conclusion you come to. The outcome of a hearing at which Paulo Sergio was expected to get a multi match ban resulted in him only being censured. As an intelligent person I wouldn't think it would take you long to work out why. His ban will come, make no mistake about that, he will get the kitchen sink thrown at him at his next appearance on 17 November.

One of a good few superb posts over the last few days PJ1.

It's just a shame this one was wasted on a disingenuous goon who won't take in a word of what you say. <_<

In the main, I believe they do. The people that object to them tend to be people who don't like hearing the truth.

Deary me....

:down:

I see you've buggered off...

Indeed he does Francis...

Once again calm heads prevail...what was it Kipling wrote about?

I believe he wrote about Fondant Fancies and how the pink ones were the best. He did make exceedingly good cakes.

But that's not relevant just now. I believe it was another top boey, and an eloquent, handsome SOB who wrote:

GOD BLESS MR ROMANOV. :thumbsup:

I know people are seeing this with a massive relief and thinking everything is back being rosey in the garden of Vlad but it really isnt.

At the end of the day guys its great they have been paid but it highlights a very serious issue with our club, our debt and our inability to communicate from the powers above to the players and it needs addressed.

Where we go from here I dont know, I suspect the life support machine has been turned back on however we are about to have a major cull on our staff and payroll (by staff i mean players) in the near future to improve our turnover to expense ratio. I'm all for that by the way but I hope other Hearts fans realise that the next few years may not be that great if we do something we should have done years ago and cut our wage bill.

I think we could reduce it to a better ratio (50% of turnover) and eventually get ourselves back to being 3rd but it will take time and we need to move away from 05/06 and realise that we will never see that kind of spending again and get ourselves prepared for what lies ahead.

I just think we as fans when it comes to expectation are worse than any other fans outwith the OF. .

One of a good few superb posts over the last few days PJ1.

It's just a shame this one was wasted on a disingenuous goon who won't take in a word of what you say. <_<

You are right. His posts stand out. I do not agree with them all but they are honest. Some are negative toward Hearts, some are positive.

I do believe he is as honest as he can be.

Malinga the Swinga

Is anyone aware of what the delay was? If we managed to pay bonuses as well, are we hopeful that next months wages will be made on time? I would rather we had held on to bonus money and paid wages, but perhaps sufficient funds are now there to make sure this doesn't happen again, or at least no this year. Some guys like Portobello Jambo seem to he able to find things out quicker than the press, so if he were to express some confidence, I might be able to sleep a bit easier.

Hibs fans scramble to their nearest chemist.

**** ye's.

:lol:

From the heights of the best methadone extacy thinking we were gone to the depths of despair and the thought of the next Derby defeat for them. :lol::lol:

Archived