Romanov revolt collapses

jammyheart

Headline in the Scotsman says- Hearts players buckle under pressure to withdraw pay complaint (see back page) don`t know the rest just seen it on newsnight scotland as they show the headlines of tomorrows papers.

Nice inflamtory headline and then a positive spin , for them, or the going overboard on a whipped up story. a climbdown that still looks like an attack

Francis Albert

Headline in the Scotsman says- Hearts players buckle under pressure to withdraw pay complaint (see back page) don`t know the rest just seen it on newsnight scotland as they show the headlines of tomorrows papers.

Withdraw? When did they make a pay complaint? All i have read is that the SPFA were trying to get a complaint out of them so they could take it up with the SPL.

Has Vlad told them they'd be executed if they do?

He doesn't have a leg to stand on here. The players would take him to the cleaners.

Paulo apparently met with the players at some point today and told them they would be payed soon, the players/SPFA have therefore decided to delay any action they might take as an act of faith.

Jimmy McNulty

Paulo apparently met with the players at some point today and told them they would be payed soon, the players/SPFA have therefore decided to delay any action they might take as an act of faith.

In Paulo we trust.

Correct.

southside1874

It's became a joke. Do folk actually read this licking their lips in the anticipation of Hearts demise unsure.gif

I hope some folk are watching this unfold and are now questioning the media in this country. Have any Hearts players even complained about this? From where I stand and look Vlad has these guys hook line and sinker with their ramblings. Love him or hate him he has showed some folk up for their rambling reporting. This is going to continue I hopewhistling.gif

A feckless bunch of xxxxx.

As much bite as a toothless budgie.

southside1874

The SPFA should carry on with any action until it is settled. The SPFA can't start any action until they have a complaint so how can they delay?

Fozzyonthefence

A feckless bunch of xxxxx.

As much bite as a toothless budgie.

Absolutely (I'm assuming you're talking about the players) - as toothless and gutless off the pitch as they are on it.

Just noticed you weren't talking about the players as you had SPFA in bold. Still, my comments stand.

southside1874

A guy was down at Riccarton to collect signatures and was told to bolt. Hearts winding up order was settled in August. Why o why o why report this nonsense??????????

Reporters hanging about Riccarton ask the guy if theres a story and he says."no one has complained" The guy waits about for hours until Sergio approaches him and says "what are you wanting here?" Translates as pressure.

Fozzyonthefence

A guy was down at Riccarton to collect signatures and was told to bolt. Hearts winding up order was settled in August. Why o why o why report this nonsense??????????

Reporters hanging about Riccarton ask the guy if theres a story and he says."no one has complained" The guy waits about for hours until Sergio approaches him and says "what are you wanting here?" Translates as pressure.

But it wasn't nonsense was it? There was a winding up petition due yesterday - that is a fact, not nonsense. If HMFC were able to communicate things in a professional manner to the fans and shareholders (instead of a manner that makes The Sun look profesional)then we might have all known what was going on.

Francis Albert

But it wasn't nonsense was it? There was a winding up petition due yesterday - that is a fact, not nonsense. If HMFC were able to communicate things in a professional manner to the fans and shareholders (instead of a manner that makes The Sun look profesional)then we might have all known what was going on.

Wasn't it to withdraw the petition for a winding up order.

Small detail I know.

southside1874

It was settled in August mate. There was nothing to answer to! Why isn't it reported as the taxman wasting the courts time? Did anyone from Hearts even bother to attend? Doubt it

Francis Albert

Absolutely (I'm assuming you're talking about the players) - as toothless and gutless off the pitch as they are on it.

Just noticed you weren't talking about the players as you had SPFA in bold. Still, my comments stand.

Resisting pressure from the SPFA and the SPL who are salivating at the prospect of going for Vlad. Ignoring the media hysteria and scare-mongering and glee at the prospect of a player revolt. Showing more loyalty, faith and guts than a section of the support. I'm with the players.

southside1874

Resisting pressure from the SPFA and the SPL who are salivating at the prospect of going for Vlad. Ignoring the media hysteria and scare-mongering and glee at the prospect of a player revolt. Showing more loyalty, faith and guts than a section of the support. I'm with the players.

"Hearts players backdown after pressure"

"Hearts players told to find new clubs"

"Hearts players should have been sent off"

"I have no morals and have thrown away my belief to keep folk informed"

Arthur Morgan

Has Vlad told them they'd be executed if they do?

He doesn't have a leg to stand on here. The players would take him to the cleaners.

In fact, it is quite the other way around. It's the players who don't have a leg to stand on.

southside1874

In fact, it is quite the other way around. It's the players who don't have a leg to stand on.

All this standing on legs.............we are trying to get the card count down.rolleyes.gif

Seymour M Hersh

Wasn't it to withdraw the petition for a winding up order.

Small detail I know.

But fairly significant I think you'll find.

The last revolt against the Romanovs led to the formation of the Soviet Union and Lenin taking over.

To tell the truth, I'd rather have Romanov than Lennon.

The players backed down because they felt they had more chance of getting paid that way, it was sod all to do with loyalty to HMFC.

I can't believe people are blaming the media for everything, sure they are going ott but they aren't responsible for wages not being paid.

Similarly although the HMRC were squared up well in advance of yesterday the fact remains it was raised in the first place. Nothing for us to be proud of.

The stadium / council is another episode we could do without and once again IMO to do with our idiot owner who has got us into this mess.

How people can still back him is beyond belief.

FA you are one of my favourite posters but you are losing it mate.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The players backed down because they felt they had more chance of getting paid that way, it was sod all to do with loyalty to HMFC.

I can't believe people are blaming the media for everything, sure they are going ott but they aren't responsible for wages not being paid.

Similarly although the HMRC were squared up well in advance of yesterday the fact remains it was raised in the first place. Nothing for us to be proud of.

The stadium / council is another episode we could do without and once again IMO to do with our idiot owner who has got us into this mess.

Agree on wages, vehemently disagree on the tax issue. That was blatant scaremongering.

As for the stadium idea, I'm not sure why we should be embarrassed. Vlad has his bluff called by the council.

Chaka Demus & pliers

The last revolt against the Romanovs led to the formation of the Soviet Union and Lenin taking over.

To tell the truth, I'd rather have Romanov than Lennon.

Imagine where we could be with lennon in charge though.

As long as that bint yoko kept her nose out

You did mean John?

Cardiac Rucksack

How do you know for a fact the players were starting a revolt?

So three guys went to see the boss and asked for their money, got told if they didn't like it they could **** off, go to the press and say the whole team is getting sold off amidst financial meltdown, press jump on it and then the players sh1te it and withdraw all complaints leaving the papers full of sh1t once again. Hope Mr Sutton has learned his lesson. :whistling:

Thunderstruck

I think it was "understood" based on a "usually reliable source" who "did not want to be named".

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Jim, I don't think most of the posts are about 'backing' Romanov, more to do with the way the paper has presented the story. Usually these inflamatory headlines prove to have little to do with the actual story, but in this instance, the writer chooses to fan the flames by, in the first paragraph, stating that Sergio 'forced' the players to backdown from their actions, then goes on to make it sound like people, ie the PFA, are gunning for Hearts/Romanov. By the use of the word 'forced' it suggests he somehow coerced them into bowing to his, or Romanov's, will but, if everything else that was said in the article was true regarding the PFA position, Sergio, or Romanov, were the ones in the weaker position and the players were the ones with the ability to 'force' Romanov's hand. I'd suggest the more likely scenario was that Sergio pleaded with them not to take action and pointed out they were still in a position to take action if they didn't get paid. Unless I'm mistaken, Sergio, too, hasn't been paid, so was talking from a similar position to the players and no doubt his sympathies were with them. A less anti-Hearts article (and I don't suggest the paper should be pro-Hearts) would have perhaps taken the time to praise the players loyalty to the club and fans.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Fraser Wishart not taking the news well:

Steps%20of%20Despair.jpg

Is that the ripped up players' petition he's thrown on the ground? Get the litter-lout fined!

ToadKiller Dog

One good sign is that the majority of the players like and trust Sergio , that's a plus point to at least the playing side getting on with things .

The Treasurer

You can tell The Hootsmon is gutted at this turn of events!

That is the overwhelming feeling I got when reading this article

I wouldn't trust anything Fraser Wishart has to say when he hardly tried a leg for us as a player. Thank goodness he was one of the first players Jim Jefferies emptied.

As for the current players, I can understand why they're upset but they're contractors, and I'm afraid that sometimes, in some businesses, especially ours(!), you sometimes have to wait for your cash if you contract. It's the one down-side of earning so much cash in a short period of time. I have no doubt that they'll get their over-priced salaries eventually.

The Treasurer

Well said FA.

Lets hope the fans turn out in numbers tomorrow to show that we appreciate the players putting the club first.

It's became a joke. Do folk actually read this licking their lips in the anticipation of Hearts demise unsure.gif

I hope some folk are watching this unfold and are now questioning the media in this country. Have any Hearts players even complained about this? From where I stand and look Vlad has these guys hook line and sinker with their ramblings. Love him or hate him he has showed some folk up for their rambling reporting. This is going to continue I hopewhistling.gif

I just wonder if this has been Vlad's intention all along - media blackout to see what garbage they make up about Hearts. If that is the case then he's played a blinder!!

Francis Albert

I was backing the players (and you are right it probably isn't loyalty just common sense among the mayhem - still commendable) and blaming the media nd SPFA/SPL for their attitude, not "backing Vlad". No, paying our taxes is not something to be proud of. But there has been a lot less hysteria in certain sections of the Scotttish media at Rangers not paying their taxes at all (I am referring to the "small tax case") than Hearts paying half a million three months ago.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I just wonder if this has been Vlad's intention all along - media blackout to see what garbage they make up about Hearts. If that is the case then he's played a blinder!!

I get where you're coming from, but even if true, who is going to report the fact and put it in the public domain? The media? I'm afraid that the media have a win/win situation when it comes to football, they can say what they like and nobody will print anything that says they're wrong, or stupid, or should appologise.

They would have needed every penny to pay of the tax bill.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They would have needed every penny to pay of the tax bill.

:facepalm:

It was paid in August!

Very well put FA, couldn't agree more! :bravo:

portobellojambo1

I get where you're coming from, but even if true, who is going to report the fact and put it in the public domain? The media? I'm afraid that the media have a win/win situation when it comes to football, they can say what they like and nobody will print anything that says they're wrong, or stupid, or should appologise.

I understand where your coming from with the above. As someone who doesn't read the papers, because of the amount of absolute bullshit which appears in them it is something I may consider reversing when the shackles come off.

Vladimir Romanov will part company with HMFC one day, will leave Scottish football and at that stage be outwith the jurisdiction of those who are presently ruining our game and printing fabricated lies. He is also a man who seems to retain a multitutde of information on file at his head offices in Lithuania. If I were a journalist and/or employed by the SFA I would run for the feckin hills on the day Romanov announces he is out of here. Then, the shackles are off.

Anyone that thinks they have read the greatest rants of all times to date from Romanov, and who enjoys rants, could be in line for something very, very special. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few days after he leaves the greatest piece of prose he has ever produced appears in press. I predict he will go to town and say everything he cannot say due to his present ties with HMFC, information will come out which will make what we have heard from him to date pale into insignificance, and our beloved journalists and the suits at the SFA will be shitting themselves.

I was backing the players (and you are right it probably isn't loyalty just common sense among the mayhem - still commendable) and blaming the media nd SPFA/SPL for their attitude, not "backing Vlad". No, paying our taxes is not something to be proud of. But there has been a lot less hysteria in certain sections of the Scotttish media at Rangers not paying their taxes at all (I am referring to the "small tax case") than Hearts paying half a million three months ago.

Thanks for the reply FA.

Reading back over my post I was being too harsh to you, I apologise for that. I had read over a lot of posts and was getting more and more annoyed and it just happenened to be your post I responded to.

The press do seem to have an agenda against us, no question but a lot of what they are belting us with is down to our lunatic owner giving them ammo in the first place.

gorgie rd eh11

It's not a win/win situation for them though, people aren't quite as naive as they used to be. Even my non HMFC supporting friends can see what they're doing here and while having a laugh at the Hearts expense they also lose a little respect for the people and papers responsible. Journalism is up there with bankers and politicians in the don't believe a word they say stakes.

I never said they were starting a revolt, that is a figment of your imagination.

What I said was that the players thought twice about approaching the SPL for their wages because some reckoned it would do more damage in the long term to getting paid other months. I know this for a fact via one of the players heavily involved.

Archived