BBC / The Sun "believes" high earners told they can leave (Merged Threads)

Ryan Gosling

All hail King Vlad ?

No ?

Oh well.

FWIW......

I can handle this. It's another sign that he really wants out and I'm quite prepared to endure a couple of seasons of pain if it means he sells up and fecks right off.

To who exactly? the fictional plumber?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everybody loves Baz

At least when we re-form it will be easy to spot JT&T in the crowd of say 300 and go up and give him a swift kick in the nads biggrin.gif

That's if he'll back the new team ???????

Doubt it you say ?

Drylaw Hearts

To who exactly? the fictional plumber?

Yes. He'll sell to the fictional plumber.

Thanks for taking part.

Yep agree, murrayfield back on the agenda - sell Tyne, what would we get ??20m sell of the playing staff ?5m tops and rent murrayfield ? With a v v young team? Feels like that's the way it's going to go

20 million? Holy shit have you been doing the accounts the last 6 years no wonder we're messed!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Drylaw,

I bet most people can handle it, in some it will just crystalise their resolve and bring out the best in some. This is a time where the folk who choose not to put in money and go to games need to decide if they can handle it or will they just slide away out of sight.

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw,

I bet most people can handle it, in some it will just crystalise their resolve and bring out the best in some. This is a time where the folk who choose not to put in money and go to games need to decide if they can handle it or will they just slide away out of sight.

Yep.

And whilst I realise there is a split in the support over our owner I hope that those who are in support of VR now understand that it's time for him to move on.

He is doing to us what he did with FBK - he withdrew the funding and left them to get on with it because he was fed-up with the Lithuanian FA.

He has to go.

All hail King Vlad ?

No ?

Oh well.

FWIW......

I can handle this. It's another sign that he really wants out and I'm quite prepared to endure a couple of seasons of pain if it means he sells up and fecks right off.

I agree.

Yep.

And whilst I realise there is a split in the support over our owner I hope that those who are in support of VR now understand that it's time for him to move on.

He is doing to us what he did with FBK - he withdrew the funding and left them to get on with it because he was fed-up with the Lithuanian FA.

He has to go.

Similaraties are def there.Its like a big kids game of its my ball and I'm taking it away because I'm not liking it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Drylaw,

I am not getting in to that debate just now, it becomes all-encompassing and usually just ends in driving fans apart, I will reserve my feelings on it untill I hear something from Hearts as to what the plans for the future are, then I can decide what I think is the best course of action for the club and me. What I will do in the meantime is continue to buy a season ticket programs and two strips each seasoon and turn up in my seat like I always do. I will keep doing this untill I either cannot afford to do it any longer or I no longer have the option to.

Folk have to realise that there is no conceivable way that the club will not be liquidated if Vlad bails.

The debt it 3 times more than the assets are worth. It will be much more realistic to start the club afresh than try to pay off the debt - that would be a guaranteed failure.

We can ground share at Almondvale until we get back up the divisions. That's the best anyone could hope for.

Anyway, the bam hasn't walked yet.

Drylaw Hearts

What I will do in the meantime is continue to buy a season ticket programs and two strips each seasoon and turn up in my seat like I always do. I will keep doing this untill I either cannot afford to do it any longer or I no longer have the option to.

I'm glad to hear it.

If we all have this attitude then we'll be fine.

The Mighty Thor

This was always on the cards.

Dundee & Dunfermline had a look at Romanov and said no thanks. That's a big enough statement in itself.

Hopefully we're now well into the final stages of his tenure and the club can move on and move forward in some way shape or form.

I'm comforted that eventually Romanov will merely be a footnote in the club's 137 year history.

This was always on the cards.

Dundee & Dunfermline had a look at Romanov and said no thanks. That's a big enough statement in itself.

Hopefully we're now well into the final stages of his tenure and the club can move on and move forward in some way shape or form.

I'm comforted that eventually Romanov will merely be a footnote in the club's 137 year history.

This

Is vlad actually going though? What tangible evidence is their to support this view?

the sun says so :ninja:

even though hearts have said there not speaking to the media kickback still believes the pish the write!

long live king vlad!

Drewjambobusby

Let him take what he wants out of the club, if it means he WILL walk away. The straw that broke the camels back was deffo council announcement. But as someone else said, it`s like a kid who has had his ball taken away. A part of me still feels it is a knee jerk reaction from him, he may still do a big u turn and come back into the fold to continue the fight.Not sure i actually want that though.

If he doesn`t, and obviously there is a big chance of that as well, then i won`t lie. I might be even relieved to be shot of him. He has at times( a lot of times) turned Hearts into a circus. If it means we are stripped of our high earning players and forced to field youngsters, but are free of debt and more importantly, of him, then do it.

After all, please remember, Hibs are still in the league, so we won`t always struggle. Even with youngsters we will continue to dominate in Edinburgh.

How much is the playing staff worth,1 to 2 million at most.Bad time for us to have a poor squad value wise.Templeton the only real assett I can think of,even at that his value has droppedin the last year

I can't see Vlad going. I can see him selling the assets and running down the club, but I'm not sure we'll ever be rid of him.

Has he got any previous for walking away? What is the situation with Kaunus and that other club he owned in Belarus? I think that he's bored of them too....

The Mighty Thor

How much is the playing staff worth,1 to 2 million at most.Bad time for us to have a poor squad value wise.Templeton the only real assett I can think of,even at that his value has droppedin the last year

Driver ?2.5m to Burnley. Nap :thumbsup:

Even though I thoroughly believe that every single word wirtten in that paper is a lie.

This does have me worried.

This is what folk have been greeting for ages about. Living within our means with gid honest scottish laddies.We'll soon see what folk are made of.

Tough times ahead.

I doubt if that is what Sergio signed up for. Soon be time for a new manager perhaps?

The Mighty Thor

I doubt if that is what Sergio signed up for. Soon be time for a new manager perhaps?

I'd be sorry to see Csaba go. :(

Assuming all this is true, I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday was his last game in charge. Shame really because I think he'd have done a really good job given adequate time. Sadly, more pressing matters to be worrying ourselves with though.

Folk have to realise that there is no conceivable way that the club will not be liquidated if Vlad bails.

The debt it 3 times more than the assets are worth. It will be much more realistic to start the club afresh than try to pay off the debt - that would be a guaranteed failure.

We can ground share at Almondvale until we get back up the divisions. That's the best anyone could hope for.

Anyway, the bam hasn't walked yet.

It will come down to how Romanov is with our debt. He could demand it is all paid, then yes we could be liquidated. It is also possible he could decide to continue to take healthy interest payments for many years to come leaving us struggling away and probably building new debt.

HEARTS FOREVER

Very sad indeed.

Just wish the fans could get some sort of sensible statement from somebody at the club to let us know what's actually going on.

Expert on the subject

Transfer window doesn?t open till Jan - perhaps a publicity stunt post the latest rant to illustrate the its all a show etc

Bloody hope so ,

However if it means the beginning of the end for Vlad it has to be a good thing

Walter Bishop

Listened to the news around 8:30 on the radio this morning and a brief mention on Forth about the winding up order and how its to do with HMRC but they believe its been paid. Absolutely nothing of The Sun`s "Players told to find new clubs" story??? Could this be another Sun "exclusive" gone tits up??

Nowhere does it say that romanovs leaving and shutting us down. My take on it is that he's not prepared to operate at a loss anymore. So he's trimming us down to a level that we can sustain on our own. And to be honest we've been needing to do that for ages now.

Mind you the way he's going about it is bonkers.

Walter Bishop

BBC news reporting that a winding up order is due to be heard today.

Yeah Forth 1 mentioned this but added it was for HMRC and had been paid!

:facepalm:

The sun write garbage so they can sell newspapers. I won't believe a word of it.

We should all email/write to the joker that made the story and give him abuse. :thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

Just wish the fans could get some sort of sensible statement from somebody at the club to let us know what's actually going on.

As far as I can see, this is all from a single article in the Sun. Nothing elsewhere, not even on the BBC - other than the Winding Up Order and yesterday's stuff about helping players.

I find it hard to believe that something this "earth-shattering" didn't leak until after midnight and then only in the Sun.

I will wait to hear from the Club before wasting any more time on this. Hopefully, some truth will emerge by this evening.

So we're asking a club whose own money problems are well known (and who reportedly haven't paid an installment on a previous transfer) to buy one of our players outside the transfer window?

Not denying we are in a serious situation but there is something odd about this story.

portobellojambo1

Do we have some problems, undoubtedly, has it got to the stage described in the Sun, who knows, and how do they know if we aren't communicating with them. There appears to be more stories coming out about HMFC since the press blackout than there were before it.

Anyone who has read the Sun article should have paused when they got to the bit about David Templeton going to Rangers for ?500,000. If UBiG were or are so desperate for cash do you honestly believe the first club they would have got on the blower to would have been Rangers. This is the same club who are still due us a payment for Lee Wallace. and some think we are going to give them another player at a knock down price, and expect them to pay money they don't have up front. Get real.

Will things change around HMFC, very likely, will we go out of business, I think not. Players may well leave over the course of time, so UBiG/Vlad have to decide if they want to continue paying their salaries. If they don't, what happens. Will Mr Romanov want to be remembered as the man who destroyed the first venture he entered into outside of the former Soviet satellite countries, he is a fruitcake, without doubt, but I think the answer to that is no. Even if we trimmed back to going with only youth players, and stayed at Tynecastle, money would still be needed, with even less chance of any return. Will he put us into administration, and move us into Murrayfield (all sounds very familiar this, Robinson indicated Tynecastle wasn't fit for purpose, we were moving to Murrayfield, and we got slaughtered for it (when we were potentially getting around ?23.4 million pounds for the land Tynecastle stands on). Today, we would do extremely well to get ?8-?10 million for the land Tynecastle sits on, possibly around ?5 million for players sold, and if we were then to move off to Murrayfield how would people remember Romanov then in comparison with Robinson).

Is it worth his while doing that, I have to be honest and say no. I think if he/UBiG want to leave then now is the time they have to step up to the plate and lay it on the line. They accept that things haven't gone according to their plans (one of their plans, apparently, was to bash ?50-?60 million into Tynecastle, if you believe that), they have no wish to input further funds, accept the club isn't sellable with the present level of debt, accept responsibility for the part they played in that level of debt, write it off and offer the club for sale for a nominal sum.

I, we, have no idea at this moment if Romanov/UBiG are actively discussing things with potential buyers, I do know they were in discussion for a long period of time with potential buyers, but at that time were asking for a ridiculous sum for the club. Hopefully he/they has/have learned from that, if they want out and wish to cut all ties with the club then it has to be offered as a going concern, which means it starts off debt free, and the only way that can be achieved is by UBiG taking the hit (the only alternative is for them to continue paying the wages if they don't want out, as I say I really don't think they will want to be remembered as people who put the nail in the coffin).

Where would we go from there, who knows, but it would give any potential buyer(s) the chance to start afresh. It is all down to Romanv/UBiG, we are going nowhere with them, we are effectively like someone being kept alive by a life machine, they have to decide if they want to release us to try again or be forever remembered as those who destroyed us. Personally I think HMFC will continue after they have left, and once they have left I think their period in charge will be quickly forgotten about. They entered a world they knew little about, with some crazy ideas. When did it all start falling apart, simple really, wasn't when the wages weren't paid last month, wasn't anything to do with not being able to build at Tynecastle or convincing the council to fund a new stadium for us. The writing was on the wall from the day George Burley was sacked, that was the day their dreams started falling apart, and they were responsible for it.

The sun write garbage so they can sell newspapers. I won't believe a word of it.

We should all email/write to the joker that made the story and give him abuse. :thumbsup:

robert martin wrote the story, the wee **** ronnie mackay has been tweeting it

@RonnieMacKay

Ronnie MacKay @happyhibee84 well my colleague Robert Martin has written the story and don't doubt it! Remember we've been spot on with wages story!

8 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Favorite Reply

Mentioned in this Tweet

happyhibee84 Happy Hibee ? Follow

Is so quick & simple .

Walter Bishop

Ronnie Mackay the Sun "Journalist" who broke the story on Twitter has locked his twitter page unless you are already following him! Hopefully out of embarrassment as no other media organisation are reporting the "firesale".

Geoff Kilpatrick

Very sad indeed.

Don't worry. I asked them on Facebook about fulfiling Saturday's fixture because I need to know whether to interrupt my beauty sleep. I am awaiting a reply with baited breath.....

marshallschunkychicken

Not a thing on SSN, not a thing on any radio stations, nothing anywhere at all :whistling::rolleyes:

To be fair, it took the other news agencies about a day to pick up on the wages issue after the Sun broke it.

I'm still at defcon 5 on this one. :unsure:

jamboinglasgow

Brian McLaughlin has posted about the same story on twitter, says that Hearts are confident they will get through this period but they need to make wage bill cuts, so several top earners have been told to find new clubs. So it is not great news, but not apocalyptic either.

penicuik jambo

BBC Chris Mcglauglin reporting on twitter that several high earning players met the board last night and were told they could find new clubs, wages getting drastically cut

I remember them writing garbage about the wages not getting paid. Think they made it up because we were playing rangers.

Archived