Vlad out? What's the current KB consensus.

Sten Guns

508 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Vlad out?

• Yes
    • No

Private poll. Straightforward yes or no.

If you don't like the choices, or question, don't answer. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If you don't like the choices, don't answer. :thumbsup:

What if you don't understand the question?

Those saying 'Yes' need to have a viable alternative to propose before I'd take their argument seriously. Right now it's just a hollow statement made by some people on here, and if they actually got their way I'd be more concerned for the future of the club than I am right now. 'Vlad out' is not a solution, it's just the beginning of a whole new problem.

Those saying 'Yes' need to have a viable alternative to propose before I'd take their argument seriously. Right now it's just a hollow statement made by some people on here, and if they actually got their way I'd be more concerned for the future of the club than I am right now. 'Vlad out' is not a solution, it's just the beginning of a whole new problem.

Did you want Pieman out or did you wait until Romanov into fruition until you expressed your opinion?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If there was an alternative than us going to the wall, yes. If not, obviously no.

That's the problem isn't it... It is just nowhere near as simple as the choices offered. :huh:

Ok. So the people voting 'no' have to come up with a viable way of the current owner not making us Shambles FC. Who aren't paranoid, continually embarrassing and pay they're staff. Otherwise it's a hollow statement to a current problem.

Its not as straightforward as vlad out, yes or no.

What i want is for vlad to be more transparent (if thats the right word) and tell us whats going on. I don't want to hear any more of these mad conspiracy theories on the official site. Players are not being paid there wages and its happening far too often for my liking. He needs to sort his shit out before he starts talking shit about other people.

A Boy Named Crow

The poll is very simple, do you want rid of Vlad- the hows and what happens next are for another poll! Just simply, would you rRher he wasn't here?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I voted no because there would be no Hearts if Mr Romanov just left.

Sound like a broken record but there are still folk who don't seem to get this.

Come back and ask the question again if there is real interest from credible people.

Absolutely correct. I dont see a queue forming anywhere. There is talk of this consortium or that but I'll believe it when I see it.

Come back and ask the question again if there is real interest from credible people.

This :thumbsup:

Got to agree with this. :thumb:

If someone can tell me what/who the alternative is, I'll say if I'd prefer it/them to Vlad. Right now having him and UBIG, whether folk like it or not, is better than having nothing. :unsure:

Did you want Pieman out or did you wait until Romanov into fruition until you expressed your opinion?

Think I was about 13 at the time so I'd be lying if I said I understood what was really going on, but looking back I imagine I would've supported any serious interest to take our club out of Robinson's control.

Drylaw Hearts

See the excellent Post #6.

The majority wanted rid of CPR despite their being no alternative at the time.

What does 'Vlad Out' actually mean? :huh:

I'd like to have a threesome with Larissa Riquelme and Pamela David; but saying so won't make it happen, will it?

Vlad will do whatever he wants. Nothing anyone else can do about it. It's always been that way.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

loveofthegame

Yes of course but not going to happen. And if it does, it'll be on his terms, which will not be good for the club...

There is a difference because we have the benefit of hindsight.

When we wanted Pieman out many of us thought there would be a lot of interest in us, with at least a few folk willing to stump up the cash. It turned out there was only one person, Vlad and I doubt others have suddenly appeared, especially giving the world (not just Hearts) is a lot worse financially and Scottish football is very unprofitable.

Pieman was about to sell off Tynecastle and move us to Murrayfield which would have been a disaster.

You are kidding yourself on if you think we are anywhere near that serious a scenario. Players haven't been paid and there was a statement on the website which a few tossers took the hump over. Not even comparable to what was happening in 2004.

I'm sure you remember the sit in after the game, the protests every week behind the Main Stand, the march to the stadium, the Pieman getting attacked, folk going to his home etc.

What do you see at Tynecastle on a Saturday? I see absolutely no discontent from the support.

Let's no be drama queens Drylaw my man.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I did too... this is perhaps naive of me Drylaw but we knew the result of Robinson's plan, he told us it and I didn't like it. There is still the hope in my mind that we can have a stadium intended for football under Vlad just now, whereas if he pulled out I do not see an alternative to going under completely... That makes my mind up for me.

Drylaw Hearts

When we wanted Pieman out many of us thought there would be a lot of interest in us, with at least a few folk willing to stump up the cash. It turned out there was only one person, Vlad and I doubt others have suddenly appeared, especially giving the world (not just Hearts) is a lot worse financially and Scottish football is very unprofitable.

Hearts fans wanted rid of CPR regardless.

Lets not attempt to rewrite history please.

What does 'Vlad Out' actually mean? :huh:

I'd like to have a threesome with Larissa Riquelme and Pamela David; but saying so won't make it happen, will it?

Vlad will do whatever he wants. Nothing anyone else can do about it. It's always been that way.

I am sure Larissa and Pamela feel the same Shaun :D

Drylaw Hearts

Pieman was about to sell off Tynecastle and move us to Murrayfield which would have been a disaster.

You are kidding yourself on if you think we are anywhere near that serious a scenario. Players haven't been paid and there was a statement on the website which a few tossers took the hump over. Not even comparable to what was happening in 2004.

I'm sure you remember the sit in after the game, the protests every week behind the Main Stand, the march to the stadium, the Pieman getting attacked, folk going to his home etc.

What do you see at Tynecastle on a Saturday? I see absolutely no discontent from the support.

Despite all this you didn't actually answer the question AP in Post #6.

This is very true, I think a lot of fans took something away from that whole saga and that was a reality check on football club ownership. I maintain that selling to Romanov was the right move for us at the time and we enjoyed some good times as a result, but the whole thing has given some of us a fresh perspective on what we can and should expect from any owner of our club. Those that think we can just have a regime change when things get uncomfortable haven't learned anything from this.

This is very true, I think a lot of fans took something away from that whole saga and that was a reality check on football club ownership. I maintain that selling to Romanov was the right move for us at the time and we enjoyed some good times as a result, but the whole thing has given some of us a fresh perspective on what we can and should expect from any owner of our club. Those that think we can just have a regime change when things get uncomfortable haven't learned anything from this.

It was the only move.

Despite all this you didn't actually answer the question AP in Post #6.

Answer is quite simple really.

Of course I wanted that ^^^^ out but the reality of the situation is that even if there wasn't a buyer, we still had his 'plan' to fall back on.

You want Mr Romanov out even though that means the extinction of the club. For a guy that week in week out, season after season that baffles me Drylaw.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is the correct answer

Hearts fans wanted rid of CPR regardless.

Lets not attempt to rewrite history please.

I am not, no-one was prepared to stump up the cash other than Vlad, so comparing wanting him out to Pieman out is wrong because we now know that there is going to be little if any interest in us. We did not know that then.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

No Vlad = no Hearts

No Hearts = no JKB

No JKB = multiple suicides, domestic violence & no Shaun.Lawson.

Vlad must stay.

I'd like to have a threesome with Larry Riquelme and David Pamela; but saying so won't make it happen, will it?

Fixed that for you Shaun. :ninja:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

If you don't like the choices, or question, don't answer. :thumbsup:

Yes if the alternative is better than him.

No if it isn't.

Pretty obvious really. And since we can't possibly know whether this ficticious, hypothetical altervative to VR would be better or worse, then I don't really feel I can vote.

Drylaw Hearts

I did too... this is perhaps naive of me Drylaw but we knew the result of Robinson's plan, he told us it and I didn't like it. There is still the hope in my mind that we can have a stadium intended for football under Vlad just now, whereas if he pulled out I do not see an alternative to going under completely... That makes my mind up for me.

He can't pull out completely.

Do you seriously think he'll put out the light, lock the door and chuck away the key ?

If you think he's that nuts then I've no idea why you would want such a guy as owner of the club and this should make your answer to the OP pretty easy imo.

It costs a lot of money to own a football club nowadays. That guy who won the lottery and backed Livingston? Bet he regrets it now. The cash required to operate means that Scottish Football Clubs need mega rich men behind the scenes. Mere millionaires need not apply.

It was the only move.

Yeah, that's what I mean. There was no alternative that could've resulted in a better outcome, was my point.

While I totally argee with you, I voted Yes, because I think he has lost interest and is not prepared to take us any further forward. I think there is no long term plan for Romanov, and I can see us sell tynie and moving into a new stadium as tentants, with new owners. It's not a perfect solution, nothing is apart from finding another crazy person to invest money into Scottish football.

While I totally argee with you, I voted Yes, because I think he has lost interest and is not prepared to take us any further forward. I think there is no long term plan for Romanov, and I can see us sell tynie and moving into a new stadium as tentants, with new owners. It's not a perfect solution, nothing is apart from finding another crazy person to invest money into Scottish football.

Time for a user name change?!

Drylaw Hearts

I am not, no-one was prepared to stump up the cash other than Vlad, so comparing wanting him out to Pieman out is wrong because we now know that there is going to be little if any interest in us. We did not know that then.

We wanted CPR out with no alternative and a long long time before VR thankfully turned up.

I see no difference in the situation.

Yeah, that's what I mean. There was no alternative that could've resulted in a better outcome, was my point.

And it is a good point.

The poll options are pleasingly brief and allow posters a considerable amount of leeway in deciding what they actually mean.

I took the "Vlad out" option to mean: "Would you rather a fifth-rate human being like Vladimir Romanov had nothing further to do with the famous Heart of Midlothian FC?"

My answer was a resounding yes.

We wanted CPR out with no alternative and a long long time before VR thankfully turned up.

I see no difference in the situation.

Not quite. We wanted him out without knowing what the alternatives were. Now we know there is no alternative. Not quite the same thing.

Bit pointless having a sit in after any game, Vlad is unlikely to be there, ditto for a protest behind the stand.

Marching to his hoose is also rather impracticle.

The guys been a liability for years, but as he is the only tool in the box, many just hud their wheesht.

As the majority on here did not find the Riccarton three fiasco reason enough to protest, i expect this to whimper along until the inevitable.

Drylaw Hearts

Not quite. We wanted him out without knowing what the alternatives were. Now we know there is no alternative. Not quite the same thing.

When the CPR out stuff began there was no alternative.

VR won't fold the club so eventually an alternative option will come along.

Archived