Sergio may get hit with 10 game ban...

Clerry Jambo

I had to read your post twice. A good start to the season?Are you on the wind up?

Out of cup by Ayr?won 5 out of 13 league games?We are too busy passing back to goalkeepers to score goals.

We have no discipline and are generally garbage.

Celtic is our only positive result.I don't incude the Hibs game as a credit to the Portugese dud as we always beat them regardless of who our manager is.

lanky.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts

Reading the reactions on here it appears Sergio has actually been given a 10 match ban.

FWIW.....

I don't think he'll get a 10 game ban.

Paulo's record is W6 D3 L5

We've lost to:

Motherwell 0-1 (with 10 men)

Tottenham 0-5

St Johnstone 0-2

Rangers 0-2

Kilmanock 0-1 (with 10 men)

The highlighted losses are easily explainable, and are - in my opinion - not things worth focussing or dwelling on.

Good post. We've been the better team in the last 2 games as well. I may question his squad selection at times, but I still like Sergio, and think he's a good manager.

Francis Albert

I just call him the Portugese dud.

I also want our stats when Zal plays and when he doesn't.Anyone got them?

Last season.

With Zal P28 W17 D 5 L6 average points per game 1.96

Without Zal P 10 W 1 D 4 L 5 average points per game 0.7

That the sort of thing you're after?

Last season.

:pleasing:

Last season.

Marius_Zaliukas_1484919c.jpg

Reading the reactions on here it appears Sergio has actually been given a 10 match ban.

FWIW.....

I don't think he'll get a 10 game ban.

The report suggested it could be 10 DH depending on what he is charged with, if found guilty

I suspect about a sixer.

From the @STVsport twitter :

"Hearts' Paulo Sergio could face a year's ban from football altogether after being cited by the SFA's Compliance Officer"

"Hearts' Paulo Sergio could face a year's ban from football altogether after being cited by the SFA's Compliance Officer"

:what:

:rofl: really?

They linked to the full article, which is now live : http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/277219-hearts-boss-could-face-year-long-ban-from-football/

It's basically just them shit stirring with an attention grabbing headline. A years ban is the maximum possible punishment, obviously it's highly unlikely he would get it!

:wtf:

Wnd up

Boss said right Dougie back to work

Paulo Sergio could be banned from football altogether for one year if found guilty of breaching a Scottish FA rule in an altercation with a match official.

The Hearts boss was sent to the stands by referee Alan Muir in his team's 1-0 defeat to Kilmarnock on Saturday and has subsequently been issued with a notice of complaint by the SFA's Compliance Officer.

Sergio will be called to explain his actions in an SFA hearing on Thursday, November 17 and, if found guilty, is open to a numebr of possible sanctions.

The minimum punishment available under rule 203 is a two-match suspension from the dugout, with eight and 16-game bans also available to a tribunal. However, the maximum punishment available could see Sergio banned from football altogether for a year.

Rule 203, which Sergio is accused of having breached, reads: "No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match, including but not limited to committing acts of the kind described in the Schedule of Offences in Annex C (including where there is aggravation by any factor, including but not limited to prolongation of the incident; combination of different offences; continued use of offensive, abusing and/or insulting language and/or behaviour;calling a match official a cheat and/or calling a match official?s integrity into question; failure to comply with a match official?s requests; adoption of aggressive behaviour towards a match official; any racist, sexist, sectarian and/or otherwise discriminatory element; and the degree of any physical violence), breaching the Post Match Protocol and committing Unacceptable Conduct."

Hearts defender Danny Grainger was also cited by the SFA on Tuesday, accepting a two-game ban for an incident of violent conduct during the same match.

Sergio is due to appear in front of the SFA this Thursday (November 3) on two previous charges, each of which could seperately land him touchline bans ranging from three to 20 games.

Yeah, he's not going to get a years suspension from football.

That's ike saying you can get 15 years for theft.

I do not think this will happen.

If it does we seriously need to go to court and bring up numerous unpunished Neil Lennon incidents.

winston churchill

Paulo Sergio could be banned from football altogether for one year if found guilty of breaching a Scottish FA rule in an altercation with a match official.

The Hearts boss was sent to the stands by referee Alan Muir in his team's 1-0 defeat to Kilmarnock on Saturday and has subsequently been issued with a notice of complaint by the SFA's Compliance Officer.

Sergio will be called to explain his actions in an SFA hearing on Thursday, November 17 and, if found guilty, is open to a numebr of possible sanctions.

The minimum punishment available under rule 203 is a two-match suspension from the dugout, with eight and 16-game bans also available to a tribunal. However, the maximum punishment available could see Sergio banned from football altogether for a year.

Rule 203, which Sergio is accused of having breached, reads: "No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match, including but not limited to committing acts of the kind described in the Schedule of Offences in Annex C (including where there is aggravation by any factor, including but not limited to prolongation of the incident; combination of different offences; continued use of offensive, abusing and/or insulting language and/or behaviour;calling a match official a cheat and/or calling a match official?s integrity into question; failure to comply with a match official?s requests; adoption of aggressive behaviour towards a match official; any racist, sexist, sectarian and/or otherwise discriminatory element; and the degree of any physical violence), breaching the Post Match Protocol and committing Unacceptable Conduct."

Hearts defender Danny Grainger was also cited by the SFA on Tuesday, accepting a two-game ban for an incident of violent conduct during the same match.

Sergio is due to appear in front of the SFA this Thursday (November 3) on two previous charges, each of which could seperately land him touchline bans ranging from three to 20 games.

It could be a good thing as he's not got a clue.

It could happen if hes found of guilty of calling the ref into integrity about his decision which did he or did he not do

I do not think this will happen.

If it does we seriously need to go to court and bring up numerous unpunished Neil Lennon incidents.

Exactly.

Just another example of the farce in Scottish football

southside1874

I think they will give him a lengthy ban because I can't see Sergio going to the meeting without telling them his feelings. The referees in this country are a joke and the SFA should accept this.

mahgrassyshoes

Sergio will get 2 x 2 match ban and a 4 match ban for his 3 cases imo. There was a precedence set last year with Lennon that his 2 4 match banas ran concurrenly totalling a 5 match ban, so PS will likely be banned for 4 games as they should run concurrently and start at the same time.

It's like field of dreams, but instead of "if you build it then they will come" we get "if you wind them up then they will bite!"

It's good how they can't decide in the article if it's going to be 3, 8, 16 or 20 games or a year as the headline suggests. Not leaving themselves much room for error!

Sergio will get 2 x 2 match ban and a 4 match ban for his 3 cases imo. There was a precedence set last year with Lennon that his 2 4 match banas ran concurrenly totalling a 5 match ban, so PS will likely be banned for 4 games as they should run concurrently and start at the same time.

They've changed the rules so the suspensions would now run consecutively

Nicholas Brody

Did I just hear the news saying PS might be banned for a year!?!

The minimum punishment available under rule 203 is a two-match suspension from the dugout, with eight and 16-game bans also available to a tribunal. The maximum punishment available, set aside for persistent offenders and serious breaches, reaches to one year but Sergio is likely to find himself serving between two and eight matches if the case is found against him.

He hasn't been at the club long enough to be considers even remotely a 'persistent' offender! How on earth can the media come up with something like that? Total sensationalism - very poor.

I had to read your post twice. A good start to the season?Are you on the wind up?

Out of cup by Ayr?won 5 out of 13 league games?We are too busy passing back to goalkeepers to score goals.

We have no discipline and are generally garbage.

Celtic is our only positive result.I don't incude the Hibs game as a credit to the Portugese dud as we always beat them regardless of who our manager is.

:diddums::turmoil::jbsmug::gimp:

Whoops, nearly forgot to add, you're talking out of your arse

Yes he did, he wrote to the SFA and asked for clarification.

Oh no he didnt. He acted like a spoiled child who doesnt get his own way and started moaning to the media.

By The Light..

Oh no he didnt. He acted like a spoiled child who doesnt get his own way and started moaning to the media.

Top that of with not being paid and your employer is complete fruit cake, I reckon there's a chance he'll be home for christmas...

Top that of with not being paid and your employer is complete fruit cake, I reckon there's a chance he'll be home for christmas...

Correct. You would think he has more on his mind than worrying about 4th officials at Diddy Cup games.

10 games? :facepalm: has any manager ever been banned for this length of time in Scotland?

I reckon 10 games is due to the fact that he came out with the whole 'lie-detector' patter about Brines. Which you just cannot say. You can question the decisions of referees but he went way too far in questioning integrity and bias etc. Which has been the official excuse of this club for way too long.

Then that outburst has come along and given them the chance to hit him really hard. Reckon we'll be get hauled over for this, Black and Grainger. Some of the tackling has been ott, Hammil certainly throws himself in and Zaliukas should've been sent off if we are honest. They need someone to run the rule over them when it comes to defensive play and tackling.

mahgrassyshoes

He wrote and asked for clarification and then questioned the legitimacy of someone who should be under investigation should be allowed to be part of officiating in a game involving the complainant. I doubt he just came up with that in the middle of his conference, I would imagine that he was asked the question and answered. Perhaps this media black out isn't so bad afterall...:rolleyes:

Francis Albert

I reckon 10 games is due to the fact that he came out with the whole 'lie-detector' patter about Brines. Which you just cannot say. You can question the decisions of referees but he went way too far in questioning integrity and bias etc. Which has been the official excuse of this club for way too long.

Then that outburst has come along and given them the chance to hit him really hard. Reckon we'll be get hauled over for this, Black and Grainger. Some of the tackling has been ott, Hammil certainly throws himself in and Zaliukas should've been sent off if we are honest. They need someone to run the rule over them when it comes to defensive play and tackling.

As I recall he was calling for the lie detector to use on himself "Bring me the lie detector". It was a of course a joke. A 10 game ban sounds about right for being a bit brighter than your average SFA official.

mahgrassyshoes

Correct. You would think he has more on his mind than worrying about 4th officials at Diddy Cup games.

:facepalm:

Paulo's record is W6 D3 L5

We've lost to:

Motherwell 0-1 (with 10 men)

Tottenham 0-5

St Johnstone 0-2

Rangers 0-2

Kilmanock 0-1 (with 10 men)

The highlighted losses are easily explainable, and are - in my opinion - not things worth focussing or dwelling on.

[/

The Treasurer

As I recall he was calling for the lie detector to use on himself "Bring me the lie detector". It was a of course a joke. A 10 game ban sounds about right for being a bit brighter than your average SFA official.

Correct.

Sergio said that Brines told him that the linesman made the decision (v Ayr) and then Brines was quoted as saying HE made the decision himself, effectively saying that Sergio was lying.

Sergio then said he would use the lie detector to prove he was telling the truth, at no time did he (Sergio) say that he wanted the lie detector for Brines.

As for the sensationalism of the "1 year ban" headline, this punishment is available but would be used for something serious like smacking a ref in the face.*

*Lets hope that this does happen at some stage with Brines on the receiving end and preferably Lennon dishing it out :)

Seymour M Hersh

Do the gfa think by ignoring the Brines debacle it will just be forgotten about?

Probably as it's not involving one of the uglies.

Correct.

Sergio said that Brines told him that the linesman made the decision (v Ayr) and then Brines was quoted as saying HE made the decision himself, effectively saying that Sergio was lying.

Sergio then said he would use the lie detector to prove he was telling the truth, at no time did he (Sergio) say that he wanted the lie detector for Brines.

As for the sensationalism of the "1 year ban" headline, this punishment is available but would be used for something serious like smacking a ref in the face.*

*Lets hope that this does happen at some stage with Brines on the receiving end and preferably Lennon dishing it out :)

Celtic would burst out greeting. He would get off with it

Archived