Thought we played quite well and in complete control until the red.

scott_jambo

We did and we were. Very decent indeed. I'm still raging about Black - what a fool. Think we would have won that at a canter.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

ermm.gif

I agree, I also thought Black looked like he was having a stormer! Until he lost the plot obviously.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Agreed. I guess people are a bit frustrated because you get the sense that with one less def mid, one more att mid, a finisher and a bit of momentum, there's no reason why we couldn't win today's game 3-1 or 4-1.

Trying to accommodate Mrowiec, Eggert and Black in the same team is just nonsense from a side that should be challenging for 2nd right now.

Agreed, felt we were in control for much of the game even after the sending off.

Wonder how it would have turned out if Rudi had scored his chance just before the penalty

Craig Herbertson

We were in complete control of the game. Killie looked like a team waiting to be beaten by a far better side. Frustrating to say the least.

Didn't see it but from listening on the radio sounded like we controlled almost the entire match even when down to 10 men.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We were the better side throughout but it's Killie that have the 3 points and that's all that matters.

Two key moments: Black being an arsehole and Rudi's chance just before they went up the park and got the pen.

Motherwell another 3 points ahead of us and flying. It's going to be a tough season.

Totally agree we were so in control it looked like we were gonna win easily. Red or no red unless he was kept back a few years at school, black must know he is already targeted by refs before he makes those kind of challenges. He needs to keep the passion must just think a bit.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

We were well in control the entire first half.

Second half the inevitable spaces opened up. Ironic that they needed a dodgy penalty to win it.

We were the better side throughout but it's Killie that have the 3 points and that's all that matters.

Two key moments: Black being an arsehole and Rudi's chance just before they went up the park and got the pen.

Motherwell another 3 points ahead of us and flying. It's

going to be a tough season.

It's frustrating that's twice in 2 weeks only the keeper to beat and it's smashed straight towards them instead of placing it.

The radio said we were denied a stick on penalty in the first half for handball at the Roseburn end...

Snake Plissken

I like Black but he's doing himself no favours just now, he'll be suspended for a few games because of this so that might allow us to try something different for the next couple of games.

No matter who you play, 74 minutes against a team with an extra man is a tough ask. Black should be fined and left out for a few weeks as he really let the side down today. I do think he suffers a bit from his reputation but he makes at least one stupid challenge a game and puts himself in a position to get the book thrown at him. Really frustrating because he was terrific against Celtic and Rangers recently.

If we bring back Sutton and Barr then the planets will align and we will be treated to liquid football, imo.

The radio said we were denied a stick on penalty in the first half for handball at the Roseburn end...

Anyone watched on Alba can confirm if it was a pen?

We were very comfortable up to the penalty. I can't recall a killie shot in the first half aswell.

We didnt play that bad at all. People giving it the 'sergio gtf stuff' ffs, he can only piss with the ****** he's got. We would be no better off with JJ.

We were very comfortable up to the penalty. I can't recall a killie shot in the first half aswell.

We didnt play that bad at all. People giving it the 'sergio gtf stuff' ffs, he can only piss with the ****** he's got. We would be no better off with JJ.

That's a different argument, it depends how you define "better".

I think we would be on more points thus far if JJ was in charge.

Can people not see that having those three in the midfield gives us the solid base needed to win the battle in the midfield? It's not as if they are playing in a flat line in front of the defence. They all play their part and until blacks reckless lunge we were total dominating the game. These three central players allow us to have temps and rudi, and if they're having an off day or fading in/out of the game we don't get over run.

We are basically a quick mobile striker away from being a good side. The young lads like Robinson and mcgowan will get chances soon enough.

The reactions of some on this board and in the stands today is laughable.

Does anyone really think sergeo wants to play a midfielder up front? Why is he....he must think it is the best option in the short term, as for whatever reason he doesn't fancy sutton, both Elliot/ts have been injured and smith is too inexperienced.

Today killie barely had a shot on target, scored through a pen that should have been a free kick and even with a man advantage looked a poor team.

If we bring back Sutton and Barr then the planets will align and we will be treated to liquid football, imo.

I know you jest but if we're playing Rudi and Temps wide I'd like to see how Sutton would do up front, a few times today the ball was played into the box that you would expect a more natural striker to get on the end of

Black should get the book thrown at him

Hope so.

Doubt that he would learn his lesson though.

Just an overly aggressive wee nyaff.

I think so too; though others will naturally think differently. But that's the problem with sacking a manager after finishing 3rd, even after an awful run which ended last season; people will wonder. People will ask "what if?"

Imagine Celtic keep going in this pathetic vein; imagine Rangers do have 25 points deducted. Think of the opportunity we could be missing out on here. And in such a scenario, do I think it's more likely that JJ would've been better placed to take advantage? Yes I do.

Doesn't matter though. We are where we are; and Sergio still deserves time. No doubt about that.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Can people not see that having those three in the midfield gives us the solid base needed to win the battle in the midfield?

It doesn't need three of them.

I know you jest but if we're playing Rudi and Temps wide I'd like to see how Sutton would do up front, a few times today the ball was played into the box that you would expect a more natural striker to get on the end of

It's an option but as mentioned above, Sergio is sticking with Stevenson until he can bring in his own mobile striker. Sutton looks the type of player which will take a few games to reach get to grips with the pace of the game. He barely looked like a footballer the times I've seen him in a maroon shirt in the flesh. (That includes the games he scored in as well before anyone brings out that chestnut).

Would love to be convinced otherwise, we could do with a goalscorer leading the line, but also someone who can effectively link up with our most dangerous players - not a lumbering slow player with a heavy touch.

It's frustrating that's twice in 2 weeks only the keeper to beat and it's smashed straight towards them instead of placing it.

Yep. I'd expect better from Rudi but that's football.

It's an option but as mentioned above, Sergio is sticking with Stevenson until he can bring in his own mobile striker.

Well Stevenson was absolutely pathetic today so someone else deserves a shot.

I've never rated Stevenson.Squad player at best.

Stevenson was a bit toothless today.

We gave Stephen Elliott over 20 mins, did f all.

It's an option but as mentioned above, Sergio is sticking with Stevenson until he can bring in his own mobile striker. Sutton looks the type of player which will take a few games to reach get to grips with the pace of the game. He barely looked like a footballer the times I've seen him in a maroon shirt in the flesh. (That includes the games he scored in as well before anyone brings out that chestnut).

Would love to be convinced otherwise, we could do with a goalscorer leading the line, but also someone who can

effectively link up with our most dangerous players - not a lumbering slow player with a heavy touch.

I agree Sutton has looked really poor so far, even the Aberdeen game his general play was poor but there's no doubt and ironically the Aberdeen game proved if the ball drops to him in the box he'll score. Thing is last season when he scored all the goals Motherwell played a similar system to the one we're now playing, 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 rather than the 4-2-3-1 we were playing.

Stevenson was a bit toothless today.

We gave Stephen Elliott over 20 mins, did f all.

Settled down at 3:00 expecting to win but not as easily as the first 15 mins promised. Killie were trully awful and we were all over them. 3 points in the bag... until Black's moment of madness. He has a rep and he made it very easy for the ref. Think if that had been a Killie player who got a yellow.... and he had not been sent off - imagine the reaction on this forum. He was 100% guilty.

At the time of the sending off I was volcanic and barely held it together for the rest of the game. A piss poor Killie side were gift wrapped three points courtesy of Ian Black. I have not changed my mind from the intial thought at 3:20. BLACK HAS TO GO IN JANUARY

# We cannot afford him any more - today was yet another example of how he loses us games more than he helps us to win them

# We do not need someone who cannot learn from his mistakes

# We do not need another "defensive" midfielder when we have Eggy and Adrian.

# I would do a Tevez with the guy until the window and put Scott Robinson in his position from now on.

It doesn't need three of them.

I'd argue having three in the middle can provide a real advantage when trying to gain the upper hand in any game. The makeup of the three is the important thing and i would possibly rather Stevenson or Robinson as one of the three probably with Jonsson and Black. But there is no way of saying for certain this would be a better three than the three we had today. Blacks tackle was reckless but up to that one moment he was playing well and our midfield was easily on top despite the fact temps and rudi had yet to really impose themselves on the game.

I believe for our squad, which has an abundance of wingers and center midfielders, the best line up is 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3 if you push the wide players up) and this clamor for two strikers, just for the sake of having two strikers, wont guarantee we dominate games and make/score more chances/goals. Other teams that don't have 4-6 decent options on the wings tend to play with less width and line up with 4 solid dependable midfielders (one of which might be a tricky/skillful player in 'the hole', if they have such a thing) and attempt to dominate the game in that way. They can then have two up front without being outnumbered in midfield.

We cant play two central midfielders and two wingers as none of them are dominant enough to make it work.

Thunderstruck

I would like to think so but somehow I doubt it. The only plan that worked for him fell apart when KK was lost to the team. Sutton is not a straight replacement for KK - watch his work with 'Well.

Didn't see it but from listening on the radio sounded like we controlled almost the entire match even when down to 10 men.

We did.

I'm still raging at that wee knobber Black. He is a total liability. That's twice this season I've seen him cost us the game, I'm not prepared to give him another chance.

Why were people applauding him when he went off? I'll be quite glad if I never see him pull on the Hearts top again.

Full marks to the rest of the team who played with heart despite not being paid, again! We were unlucky not to get a draw, it was the least we deserved.

Archived