Good Charlotte

Jambojohnnyboy

Jambojohnnyboy

Anyone else at the corn exchange last night for the Good Charlotte gig?

Great night, with the boys doing a storming set lasting an hour and three quarters.

Bordeaux 03
Anyone else at the corn exchange last night for the Good Charlotte gig?

Great night, with the boys doing a storming set lasting an hour and three quarters.

Wish i was there, they are one of the few bands i like. Young & Hopeless was probably their best album to date in my opinion.

rossthejambo

i was there. was actually really good although his chat did get on my nerves abit. the music though was class. certainly a good pick me up from my killer hangover i had had all day :sad:

Jambojohnnyboy
i was there. was actually really good although his chat did get on my nerves abit. the music though was class. certainly a good pick me up from my killer hangover i had had all day :sad:

yeah, the chat did seem a little scripted.

Nice to see a band do a decent length set for a change, seen to many recently that have played barely an hour.

What did you think of Rooney, made me feel like my teeth were rotting, far too middle of the road for me, Mcfly must be ****ting themselves!!

rossthejambo
yeah, the chat did seem a little scripted.

Nice to see a band do a decent length set for a change, seen to many recently that have played barely an hour.

What did you think of Rooney, made me feel like my teeth were rotting, far too middle of the road for me, Mcfly must be ****ting themselves!!

yea was definitly a good length of a gig.

i actually never made it in to the gig til about half 8 so missed about half of rooneys set but they didnt sound that bad. i wont be rushing out to get their album but i wouldnt say that they were poor. iv heard a lot worse

Jambojohnnyboy
yea was definitly a good length of a gig.

i actually never made it in to the gig til about half 8 so missed about half of rooneys set but they didnt sound that bad. i wont be rushing out to get their album but i wouldnt say that they were poor. iv heard a lot worse

I've heard worse too, they are talented musicians no doubt but it was very safe, and sickly sweet.

rossthejambo
I've heard worse too, they are talented musicians no doubt but it was very safe, and sickly sweet.

yea thats the way i saw them too. they were very very safe. i didnt really hear a song that i would say was rubbish but then again none that i could say stood out from the rest. all very samey.

Jambojohnnyboy
yea thats the way i saw them too. they were very very safe. i didnt really hear a song that i would say was rubbish but then again none that i could say stood out from the rest. all very samey.

We were telling the kids about them today, (type of music they are into at the moment!) so we had a look on Youtube for them, the lead singer posts what the band have been up to, so we had a look at yesterdays post, if you suffer from insomnia check it out! Apparently not a fan of yoghurt drinks and likes scottish lambs. :evilno:

Was Paris there last night, lot of speculation that she was on the road with Benji. Think there would have been a riot if she had made an appearance.

rossthejambo

if shes on tour with them then i doubt she made it out to the corn exchange. i never seen her anyway lol

good charlotte are one of the sheeitist bands ive ever heard. All that cheesy american sh*t gets right on my nerves.

Jambojohnnyboy

:evilno:

good charlotte are one of the sheeitist bands ive ever heard. All that cheesy american sh*t gets right on my nerves.

:evilno:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

Met them before the gig - about 12pm.

Me and another boy from my work delivered all their sound equipment to them.

Never knew who they were until one of their security guys said.

They got put on before SOAD and Metallica at Leeds in 2003.

I've never seen a band get assaulted by more drinks containers in all my life. They were pulverized with plastic and booed most of the way through the set.

I ROFLed.

I'd have ROFLMAOOL'd.

:P

Two bands who are in a different musical stratosphere to GC.

I'm not a fan but I can handle one or two tracks. Cant be arsed with "Girls and Boys" and "the Anthem" etc. Cringeworthy.

Adi Dassler

So that's who was playing on Sunday.

I did wonder who the death squad were camped outside when i was at 5's.

They all looked like that EMO from Hollyoaks.

grumpyjambo

Was working at the Corn Ex on Sunday, lot better than some bands that have been there, but very American and the boys chat got on ma tits!

Adi Dassler
Was working at the Corn Ex on Sunday, lot better than some bands that have been there, but very American and the boys chat got on ma tits!

Just as a matter of interest, how did you get a job there?

A mate of mine was trying a few years back and it seemed then like the only way it was possible was through somebody you knew.

grumpyjambo
Just as a matter of interest, how did you get a job there?

A mate of mine was trying a few years back and it seemed then like the only way it was possible was through somebody you knew.

I am a First Aider so we are there as volunteers and dont get paid.

Archived