Well done Hearts, Keep the heads up

Back of the Bus

No - it's an entirely legitimate point of view. I wouldn't go as far as Eck, but can certainly understand how the performance divided opinion. Under Sergio, I suspect it always will; and while there were positives to take out of yesterday, I must confess to being baffled by all the "we dominated them! They were lucky!" stuff on the forum immediately afterwards.

If you asked Rangers, I suspect they'll have ended up viewing it as a pretty routine away win - which given they'd have marked this fixture out as one of their most tricky, has to be disappointing.

I agree Shaun

Our midfield is too negative and we still lack a cutting edge.

We may get away with it against lesser mortals but not against an even average performance by the champions.

But Sergio has said he is already looking for new signings in January, that's when we can truly start to judge the manager.

No - it's an entirely legitimate point of view. I wouldn't go as far as Eck, but can certainly understand how the performance divided opinion. Under Sergio, I suspect it always will; and while there were positives to take out of yesterday, I must confess to being baffled by all the "we dominated them! They were lucky!" stuff on the forum immediately afterwards.

If you asked Rangers, I suspect they'll have ended up viewing it as a pretty routine away win - which given they'd have marked this fixture out as one of their most tricky, has to be disappointing.

Sorry, i`ve been on this planet 37 years so far and watched Hearts for a big majority. That wasn`t "not turning up"....rubbish.

And that wasn`t routine win either for Rangers. Routine is hardly giving the opposition a sniff while not playing too well yerself but sneaking the win... Put it this way, if Hearts played like Rangers and won, what would be your point of view on our performance?

Sorry, i`ve been on this planet 37 years so far and watched Hearts for a big majority. That wasn`t "not turning up"....rubbish.

And that wasn`t routine win either for Rangers. Routine is hardly giving the opposition a sniff while not playing too well yerself but sneaking the win... Put it this way, if Hearts played like Rangers and won, what would be your point of view on our performance?

Hearts aren't going to play like Rangers and win: or at least, not against either of the OF, anyway. Why? Because Rangers - with better players than Hearts and more quality than Hearts - quite palpably played within themselves yesterday, yet still won 2-0. Hearts need to go full pelt to beat them: as we did against Celtic actually. That's what Eck's referring to, I think.

You seriously think yesterday was us at full pelt? We did a lot of decent stuff, but the execution was off almost throughout. And as for "not giving the opposition a sniff": they were 1-0 up midway through the first half after waltzing right through us, and haven't conceded on their travels all season! Meaning it was then up to us to find a way through; we couldn't; they scored on the break again. 2-0, game over, routine away win I'm afraid. It's what Champions do.

Debut, as I have said previously, we started very well but not scoring in that spell normally comes back and bites you in the backside.

What is annoying was we defended pretty well apart from the first goal were we let Whittaker waltz past about 4 Hearts players to allow wee bawbag his first sniff at goal in which he duly tucks it away.

Hearts aren't going to play like Rangers and win: or at least, not against either of the OF, anyway. Why? Because Rangers - with better players than Hearts and more quality than Hearts - quite palpably played within themselves yesterday, yet still won 2-0. Hearts need to go full pelt to beat them: as we did against Celtic actually. That's what Eck's referring to, I think.

You seriously think yesterday was us at full pelt? We did a lot of decent stuff, but the execution was off almost throughout. And as for "not giving the opposition a sniff": they were 1-0 up midway through the first half after waltzing right through us, and haven't conceded on their travels all season! Meaning it was then up to us to find a way through; we couldn't; they scored on the break again. 2-0, game over, routine away win I'm afraid. It's what Champions do.

Didn`t say we were at full pelt but what is "full pelt"? On other threads i`ve said we are still short on quality and only said i thought we were decent. Im just saying some fans are unbearable and let defeats cloud a better analysis of their teams performance.

It`s easy to say like a big bairn "that wiz sh ite" when the team is beaten. Too easily dismissive. I`m a bad loser,i hate it, but i like to think i can be level headed and see the game for what it was result aside, which is ultimately the key factor of course.

If Hearts were totally rank yesterday i really wonder what this place would be like? Yet, they put in not a bad shift and there are still many mumping and moaning. Routine my erse. You don`t give away the chances we had in a comfy win, but unspectacular win as Rangers got.

Fine lines, if Mrowiec scores who would you have had yer money on to go and win?

Didn`t say we were at full pelt but what is "full pelt"? On other threads i`ve said we are still short on quality and only said i thought we were decent. Im just saying some fans are unbearable and let defeats cloud a better analysis of their teams performance.

It`s easy to say like a big bairn "that wiz sh ite" when the team is beaten. Too easily dismissive. I`m a bad loser,i hate it, but i like to think i can be level headed and see the game for what it was result aside, which is ultimately the key factor of course.

If Hearts were totally rank yesterday i really wonder what this place would be like? Yet, they put in not a bad shift and there are still many mumping and moaning. Routine my erse. You don`t give away the chances we had in a comfy win, but unspectacular win as Rangers got.

Fine lines, if Mrowiec scores who would you have had yer money on to go and win?

Only difference between you and me is whereas you thought we were decent, I thought we were passably OK. All about opinions!

D4: this'll sound like pretentious shite I know, but I honestly think you can feel a game; feel how it's going to turn out. And once Rangers scored, I never felt like we'd get anything out of it; nor that we'd score. If we had, my money would've been on Rangers to get a second and/or third - because again, it's what they do.

Disagree with the performance opinion, but agree with the bit in bold!

I agree we started the game well, but if there is no end product then it counts for nothing!

I thought rangers closed us down much faster than we did them.

I agree we had chances, but until the midfield and Striker situation is resolved - we aint going forward!

How any manager can play adrian for 90 minutes beggars belief.

And I did think Grainger was woeful today, did any of his corners, free kicks cause any danger?

Next week will no doubt tell more.....

TO be fair to Sergio he was in the process of taking Mrowiec off when Black made a rash tackle and he changed the substitution to prevent Black being sent off.

Currant bun at my work reckons they (and I quote) 'outclassed' us, 07.png , He also reckons Black should have been sent off (for just being Ian Black presumably, can't think of any really bad fouls from him, he got booted about the park himself a few times mind) dirtiest player in Scotland apparently. They're not the brightest

We should have got a draw minimum from that game, is scoring with your only two shots on target in the 90 a show of class or just spawny as ****? You decide, I'll go with the latter, how many times would jellyfishes effort have ended up at the corner flag in any other game ever witnessed? Good finish, but lucky as **** nonetheless.

Currant bun at my work reckons they (and I quote) 'outclassed' us, 07.png , He also reckons Black should have been sent off (for just being Ian Black presumably, can't think of any really bad fouls from him, he got booted about the park himself a few times mind) dirtiest player in Scotland apparently. They're not the brightest

We should have got a draw minimum from that game, is scoring with your only two shots on target in the 90 a show of class or just spawny as ****? You decide, I'll go with the latter, how many times would jellyfishes effort have ended up at the corner flag in any other game ever witnessed? Good finish, but lucky as **** nonetheless.

Rangers fans (reasonable ones with functioning brains) I've spoken to are quite the opposite. Reckon we played better than them but they took their chances whereas we didn't. Pretty much the same way I see it, really.

Sometimes you lose and there's that real despair that ends up being compounded by the fact you just can't see where to start putting things right. Yesterday wasn't one of those days. I think we can see exactly where we went wrong and to me it's quite clear how and where we begin to start improving on it.

I'm frustrated that we played better than them but still came away with nothing. I'm not disappointed in the overall performance though, there are plenty of positives.

The difference was Rangers have recognised strikers, we don't. They only got 2 real sniffs at goal and scored them.

Encouraging to see us play so well against them but we need to take our chances.

jambo4_0matty

Sutton(Striker?), Stevenson(creativity+hard work in the midfield?). Too Obvious?

Not saying Sutton has been great but to not deserve a place on the bench just proves that Paolo is letting something personal get in the way. The way we played more direct was begging for a striker like him, and thats nothing against Stevo cause i thought he battled well, but he was more flicking on for no-one rather than holding the ball up for others to get in support which is Suttons strong point imo. Skacel would love to play with Sutton too

HEARTS FOREVER

Thought we did quite well yesterday and were the better team for long spells but if you dont play with a striker then how do you expect to score any goals?

We could also do with somebody who can create things from midfield.

A whole lots better though than the crap I endured at EEP

Thought we did quite well yesterday and were the better team for long spells but if you dont play with a striker then how do you expect to score any goals?

We did manage 2 at EEP and 2 against Celtic with no strikers....just saying likes.

wind up?

Far from it.

We had wee spells where we played alright, but they were roughly 20 minutes apart and looked rather poor during those intervals. The 2nd Rangers goal just put paid to us as a threat after that.

Thunderstruck

It was almost the exact opposite of an equivalent fixture last season where they dominated possession and chances but couldn't take chances/beat Kello and where Stevenson slotted away one of our few chances and won the game.

That's football.

Archived