Underrated Hearts players in recent memory

heartsfc_fan

Malcolm Tucker

Julien Brellier

Start a thread for over-rated, and you're spot one.

TROLLFACE.

And whoever said Zaliukas is shit is clearly a racist.

I always liked the look of Tomas Kancheskis too, but I doubt many folk would agree, even if they can remember him.

totally agree, was a decent SPL standard CH. He knew he wasn''t blessed with that much skill so he did the defensive side of the game well. i don't remember him throwing himself into too many tackles but his positioning and reading of the game were what made him stand out to me.

jambos are go!

I always liked the look of Tomas Kancheskis too, but I doubt many folk would agree, even if they can remember him.

I do. A very decent no nonsense Centre Back. Agree with many nominations on here but the genius that was Steve Fulton never got the credit his huge talent deserved. The finest passer of a ball ever seen by me in a HMFC jersey. That and his fantastic turn of pace over a short distance given due praise in Alan Rae's new book.

heart-of-midlothian-john-millar-official-players-collection-panini-92-football-trading-card-5743-p.jpg

First player I thought of. One of the best headers of a ball that I've seen at Hearts.

I always felt that Tam Flogel was underrated.

Optimus Prime

Agreed, always thought he looked promising. I remember one particular game against Celtic at Parkhead when he was just about the best player on the pitch.

I'm in the John Millar camp. I liked him. :thumbsup:

Neil MacFarlane was another. He did nothing wrong imo apart from look like he worked in a bank rather than be a fotballer.

Who was the wee winger from a few seasons ago? Kesnevicius? He was fine.

Gregory House M.D.

1. 0,,10289~3628339,00.jpg

2. 0,,10289~3663295,00.jpg

3. _44118437_hearts_rangers_gall.jpg

4. 0,,10289~3663341,00.jpg

5. 0,,10289~3663342,00.jpg

Club Legend. FACT. Not willing to argue with kickback's "I'm cool Neilson's shite" brigade.

HTH.

He's just truly shit.

Of all the players on this thread, many of whom would split opinion, you post that crap!

Not saying for one minute that he's "great" - but really!!!

1. 0,,10289~3628339,00.jpg

2. 0,,10289~3663295,00.jpg

3. _44118437_hearts_rangers_gall.jpg

4. 0,,10289~3663341,00.jpg

5. 0,,10289~3663342,00.jpg

Club Legend. FACT. Not willing to argue with kickback's "I'm cool Neilson's shite" brigade.

HTH.

Yer entitled to yer opinion. Mines is that he was ordinary. Don`t know many Hearts fans(that i know) who thought he was a good ball player. Could defend well at times though.

Kevin McKenna :thumbsup:

Great player for us and his national team never thought people would say he was underated though :confused:

Ksanevicuis or however u spell his name. Was a good wee wingers type player. Quite liked him never understood why he went. :(

This is a very decent thread!

Boyack and Makel are great shouts, esp Boyack he was quality. I was a big fan of Joe Hamill too, cracking technique, but going by his subsequent career I might have been a bit off the mark!

I remember thinking Fabian Leclerq was okay. Also, when Cesnauskis was out the team for ages even though we were guff I was annoyed, thought he was quality.

kingantti1874

Just to clarify - christian nade was complete totally and utterly horseshit..

Camazzola for me... Very decent player.. Always though we were better balanced with him in the team

I would put Ferguson in the overrated section.

No, vastly underrated. A great player.

Thats the first player who I thought of when I saw the thread title. Scored many important goals for us :thumbsup:

Same as you Mr, first player that came to mind. Scored a few goals, maybe not the best but his goal at Parkhead when we won 2 1 Crabbe was the biz

Just to clarify - christian nade was complete totally and utterly horseshit..

Camazzola for me... Very decent player.. Always though we were better balanced with him in the team

Camazzola was a guff Brazilian on the right of midfield.

realistic jambo

Defo talking in the underrated category:-

Neil Berry

John Miller

Ian Jardine

Zico

realistic jambo

Always thought ferguson was a good player but never committed or consistent enough for us.

He was our record signing at the time and overall I would say poor value.

Remember his best game against the Gers in the cup but can't forgive him for a deliberate handball while playing for the Gers against us in his own box. No penalty given of course and him laughing and kissing his hand at us all.

Sorry I have a long memory

Virtually every single player that has played for us in the last 6 years has been underrated by people on Kickback, some of them to a ridiculous extent, and quite wrongly in the vast majority of cases..

Neil Berry

John Miller

Ian Jardine

Zico

Beat me to the Ian Jardine vote. When the team was fast and direct could put his foot on the ball and play a pass through the middle.

Would add Jim Bett who despite being as slow as a week in Bognor still had class during the holocaust of Tommy McLean's time in charge. And before that an equally slow and ancient Eammon Bannon in his second spell here, for Joe Jordan's side.

rudi must stay

Velicka, scored some important goals for us, brought in ?1m and did nothing at der hun.

well said. He was ridiclously underrated for us, despite all his goals he was rarely given any credit on here.

kingantti1874

well said. He was ridiclously underrated for us, despite all his goals he was rarely given any credit on here.

To enhance these posts was going to post the screamer ( or 2) against the dims from the CIS but can't find on you tube... One of the best goals ever

tartofmidlothian

I was a big fan of Gary McSwegan, always thought he deserved more credit.

I wish Barasa had hung about a bit longer, always felt he could have gained cult status just for his animal tendencies alone.

It's funny how the two World Cup stars Vlad promised us ended up making an appearance long after they'd left - Martin Petras for about 3 minutes in the last WC and Rais M'Bohli playing three games and keeping a clean sheet against England in the same tournament. Would have liked to see a bit more of both of them.

Midfield Terrier

Neil Berry

John Miller

Ian Jardine

Zico

Berry brought energy to the midfield, Jardine was a fine passer and took a mean free kick, Zico - probably Davie Cooper's least favourite full back, and Miller never quite got the credit he deserved - effective but not flashy.

I'd add Iain Ferguson (ex Dundee United) who was doubly unfortunate in that he was a replacement for John Robertson and was deprived of Sandy Clark as a strike partner after Clark got injured. Come to think of it maybe Clark is another in the underrated category!

To enhance these posts was going to post the screamer ( or 2) against the dims from the CIS but can't find on you tube... One of the best goals ever

Fortunately, Dave has some superb goals on youtube and in the video gallery at the top of this page... see p0ab2 Video zone. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9vtxeD2zw&feature=player_embedded#!

I would echo those who have named Velicka, Kanchelskis and also Barasa.

For a while it seemed as though Barasa had his own private hate mob on here but i actually liked his style of play.

I remember his coming on as a sub at East End Park and having a rampaging performance.

As a former fullback always thought Maybury and Neilson were underrated. Both defended well and got forward although Robbies final ball was not alwatys perfect but cup final tackle made up for that !!!

Pospisil. Finished 06/07 strongly, then was dropped for no apparent reason in 07/08.

Kevin Mckenna. very versatile player. Think he got about 10 goals in 01/02.

Scott Severin. I always thought he was better as a centre half. Remember him having a stormer at Ibrox in 2004 when we won

1-0.

i wish jj was my dad

Under rated players mean we got more than our moneys worth. For me John Millar and Robbie Neilson sum that up.

Hands up! I didn't rate either at first but I ended up worshipping both of them.

This. Quite possibly the best midfielder I've ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

In terms of truly underrated players, I'd go along with those that have mentioned Galloway, Millar and Ferguson (Iain). Especially for crucial goals against Vienna, Hibs/Celtic and Bayern respectively.

Archived