Underrated Hearts players in recent memory

heartsfc_fan

We've had many players over the last 10 - 15 years who have been underrated and maybe not given enough praise for their efforts.

I'll start, IMO:

RyanStevenson_2519843.jpg

:thumbsup:

Not an inspiring signing at the time based on what he`d done before but i thought Steven Boyack showed up well for us.

Ibrahim tall

I thought he was an excellent player. Never really understood why it took him about 6 months to actually play :unsure: whatever politics were going on at the time at the club I guess.

Napoleon  Wilson

Another vote for Ibrahim Tall

0,,10289~3400458,00.jpg

Shame when he left but i think he was on silly wage. Great goal against Rangers in the 4-2 game :thumbsup:

Jim Hamilton.

I loved the big guy and his big, cheesy grin.

Not the most refined player but one who gave his all for us. I think we made a mistake of getting rid of him too soon, but the theory is that punting him allowed for Darren Jackson to come in which in turn, saved us from relegation (though the return of Colin Cameron from injury and the goals of Gary McSwegan were also key aspects to our turnaround).

I'd loved to have seen us stick with Hamilton for at least another season to get him back on track.

The season before, he was our top scorer and a major part of one of our greatest campaign of modern times.

Some of you might be wondering who this chap is. He only played about 5 games for us, but I thought he was a decent player! :ermm:

Martin%20Petras.jpg

Some of you might be wondering who this chap is. He only played about 5 games for us, but I thought he was a decent player! :ermm:

Martin%20Petras.jpg

Name excapes me just now, big centre half.

PS....haha, just as i clicked i noticed the link to his picture with his name in it!

Captain Lithuania

Martin%20Petras.jpg

Samuel Camazzola?

Not an inspiring signing at the time based on what he`d done before but i thought Steven Boyack showed up well for us.

Hearts won around 48% of games in which Boyack played. That's much higher than our 30 year average.

Martin%20Petras.jpg

Martin Petras

Tynecastle Valhalla

Robert Tomaschek - cracking player.

Ket Ivaskevicius - put him against Rangers and he was a superstar.

i agree - he was excellent

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Pospisil, didnt start many games and at one point was behind Janny, Bednar, C Elliot and Velicka (and Pinilla?) in the pecking order but still scored a few goals when he was given the chance, didnt he score a cracker against Aberdeen during our 11 game unbeaten run under burley? he also scored in the first minute v the hobos and a pen v celtic in a 3-1 win at park head.

According to Ldn Hearts he scored 14 goals in 66 appearances which doesnt look a magnificent record tbf but a 37 of those were as coming on as a sub

The annoying thing as well was that he left after all the above bar Elliot and Velicka (Bednar on loan to WBA) had gone also so that might have been the time for him to make his mark.. instead we then sold Velicka in Jan and finished in the bottom 6!

Jim Hamilton.

I loved the big guy and his big, cheesy grin.

Not the most refined player but one who gave his all for us. I think we made a mistake of getting rid of him too soon, but the theory is that punting him allowed for Darren Jackson to come in which in turn, saved us from relegation (though the return of Colin Cameron from injury and the goals of Gary McSwegan were also key aspects to our turnaround).

I'd loved to have seen us stick with Hamilton for at least another season to get him back on track.

The season before, he was our top scorer and a major part of one of our greatest campaign of modern times.

I got told that it was down to a billy big baws attitude that was distruptive to the team at the time.

I got told that it was down to a billy big baws attitude that was distruptive to the team at the time.

That's a shame if true.

Just after we got rid of him, I always remember seeing Martin Petras have a great game for Slovakia v Wales in Cardiff, I think Slovakia won 5-0 or 5-1.

Certainly a victim of politics.

I always liked the look of Tomas Kancheskis too, but I doubt many folk would agree, even if they can remember him.

We've had many players over the last 10 - 15 years who have been underrated and maybe not given enough praise for their efforts.

I'll start, IMO:

RyanStevenson_2519843.jpg

:thumbsup:

:what:

He seems to be universally adored on here.

Pospisil, didnt start many games and at one point was behind Janny, Bednar, C Elliot and Velicka (and Pinilla?) in the pecking order but still scored a few goals when he was given the chance, didnt he score a cracker against Aberdeen during our 11 game unbeaten run under burley? he also scored in the first minute v the hobos and a pen v celtic in a 3-1 win at park head.

According to Ldn Hearts he scored 14 goals in 66 appearances which doesnt look a magnificent record tbf but a 37 of those were as coming on as a sub

The annoying thing as well was that he left after all the above bar Elliot and Velicka (Bednar on loan to WBA) had gone also so that might have been the time for him to make his mark.. instead we then sold Velicka in Jan and finished in the bottom 6!

I'd totally agree with this.

I'd chuck in a few from recent times....

Eggert Jonsson

Rudi Skacel

Lee Wallace

Christophe Berra

The latter two have been the victim of this process despite being consistently good/excellent for us.

He's rubbish (for ages)

He's brilliant (bid comes in)

He's gone (bid accepted)

New guy instantly compared to replacement. e.g. <new player> is alright but not as good as <old player>

heart-of-midlothian-john-millar-official-players-collection-panini-92-football-trading-card-5743-p.jpg

I love John Millar. Just as much as I love Stevo, Jonsson and Rudi.:wub:

Archived