should i call/text a gumtree number

HMFC4ME

OK, this may sound daft as Romanov but here goes...

Got an ad on Gumtree at the moment which has gotten a few replies so far but a couple of them are people asking me to either ring/text them back on the number provided.

the numbers seem like straight up mobiles should i be wary of getting in contact with them?

I'm guessing it was you who put the ad up? Why would you post an advert if you didn't want to reply to them? :ermm:

I got offered some sort of job through it somehow. I found out if was a scam so just took the piss. Basically I pretended I see flying toasters when I sniff my car, and that I'm Batman.

OK, this may sound daft as Romanov but here goes...

Got an ad on Gumtree at the moment which has gotten a few replies so far but a couple of them are people asking me to either ring/text them back on the number provided.

the numbers seem like straight up mobiles should i be wary of getting in contact with them?

They're maybe wary of calling you for the same reason. One of the parties is going to have to take a leap of faith and give the other a ring. Since you were the one trying to get shot of something in the first place, it will probably have to be you.

Put an ad on Gumtree looking for his hole.

Got some replies asking for some phone sex and is now shitting himself.

NAP.

I'm guessing it was you who put the ad up? Why would you post an advert if you didn't want to reply to them? :ermm:

I got offered some sort of job through it somehow. I found out if was a scam so just took the piss. Basically I pretended I see flying toasters when I sniff my car, and that I'm Batman.

Should clarify a bit more, I put the ad up but not my mobile number as I would prefer to keep that private from the world.

prefer email contact only for now.

Put an ad on Gumtree looking for his hole.

Got some replies asking for some phone sex and is now shitting himself.

NAP.

Shhhhh!

Should clarify a bit more, I put the ad up but not my mobile number as I would prefer to keep that private from the world.

prefer email contact only for now.

Email them back with your number then. Tell them why you'd prefer them to call you, then take it from there.

Archived