Paulo challenges Brines

andy-y

Just saw ( in someone else's ) sun Paulo is challenging Brines to take the lie detector test. This could get interesting.

scots civil war

dont lie it lie,dont let brines lie

the arrogant ******* that he is

after the review upholding the diamond incident....lets get this ***** a mcdonald`s :down:

loveofthegame

I hadn't realised the run of events in the goal- ie had not realised Murphy had originally given the goal and was on his way back to the halfway line. This is awfully similar to the Dougie McDonald situation at Ceptic- Dundee Utd is it not?!

Whatever happens, at least Brines is being shown up very publicly. Either way, we won't win, and we won't be re-instated in the wee cup, so i hope Sergio doesn't pursue this for too long.

Hackney Hearts

A little bit of Sun 'journalistic licence' here, as far as I can see.

I haven't seen or heard Sergio directly say that Brines should udergo a lie detector test. What he actually says is 'bring the lie detector to me' - possibly to show that he (Sergio) isn't lying. And it struck me as little more than a sarcastic throwaway line at the end of the interview - a topical reference to Vlad's earlier (also ironic) comment about lie detectors.

You can watch part of his press conference on the BBC website where he says this.

Just The Sun pretty much making a story out of nothing.

1. he suggests he himself would take the lie detector test.

2. the sun article isn't actually that bad, it's only the lurid headline.

3. i think there's already a thread on the subject. :teehee:

Hackney Hearts

AKA outright fabrication.

Yes - although in this case I'm quite glad they're putting it in such strong, sensationalist terms... It kind of makes the point we all want to make, but Sergio can't get in trouble for it, because he didn't actually say it!

Hackney Hearts

2. the sun article isn't actually that bad, it's only the lurid headline.

Not just the headline... Sergio never did this for instance:

PAULO SERGIO has sensationally challenged referee Iain Brines to take a lie detector test to settle his simmering feud with Hearts.

But as I say, whether that's 'bad' or not, I don't know. Would be interesting to know how Brines would react to such a challenge (had it been made)!

Not just the headline... Sergio never did this for instance:

But as I say, whether that's 'bad' or not, I don't know. Would be interesting to know how Brines would react to such a challenge (had it been made)!

i think undoubtedly brines would squeal about how his integrity has been unjustly called into question and we would be forced to listen to a sermon about how all scottish officials are beyong question when it comes to honesty and integrity.

it is - and always has been - one of the biggest lies of all to be portrayed in scottish football. the evidence of systematic dishonesty is mounting up slowly but steadily.

brines.

mcdonald.

mccurry.

murphy.

dallas.

davis.

how many more examples are required to prove that dishonesty is in the DNA of scottish officials?

A little bit of Sun 'journalistic licence' here, as far as I can see.

I haven't seen or heard Sergio directly say that Brines should udergo a lie detector test. What he actually says is 'bring the lie detector to me' - possibly to show that he (Sergio) isn't lying. And it struck me as little more than a sarcastic throwaway line at the end of the interview - a topical reference to Vlad's earlier (also ironic) comment about lie detectors.

This.

As usual, The Sun trying to stir the sheet! :yucky:

:ninja:

Hackney Hearts

i think undoubtedly brines would squeal about how his integrity has been unjustly called into question

I don't see how he could in this case. All we are requesting is a version of events that tallies with the verifiable events as they happened. We haven't had that yet.

As we saw with McDonald, when they paint themselves into a corner, they sometimes have no option but to come clean.

I don't see how he could in this case. All we are requesting is a version of events that tallies with the verifiable events as they happened. We haven't had that yet.

As we saw with McDonald, when they paint themselves into a corner, they sometimes have no option but to come clean.

Certainly Brines version of events seems to contradict what everybody and the TV saw at the game.

It'll be interesting to see if the SFA have learned anything at all since the McDonald fiasco. I have my doubts especially as it's Hearts doing the complaining and not one of the Bigot brothers.

The veracity of our match officials is yet again seriously questioned - and not without good cause. What will the SFA do? Just that SFA!

I expect the "Fourth Official" will somehow be invooved in a controversial decision that will adversely affect Hearts on Saturday, however, I support any moves to bring attention to Brines. Awful referee, shown up for what he is in the Zal sending off at Pittodrie - and subsequent appeal rejection

Hackney Hearts

The Express version:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/277408/Hearts-want-truth-the-whole-truth-from-Ref-Brines-

For me, the clearest evidence that neither Brines or Murphy saw what happened is that Eggert was booked. This is extraordinary when you think about it. He is taking evasive action from a chest high flying boot and turns his back. If either of the officials had actually seen this, even if for some reason they mistakenly thought it came off part of his arm, there is simply no way they could have considered it deliberate. What has clearly happened is the Ayr players - and possibly the Ayr bench via the 4th official - have put enough pressure on them to convince them it was handball, and they've either ASSUMED - or been TOLD - it was deliberate. These actions would set a terrifying precedent - but there doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

You can't really blame the Ayr players for trying it on - most players do this pointlessly in every game, from disputing throw-ins to penalties. But when does a decision ever get overturned by such action? Oh hang on, there were a couple of penalty decisions against some SPL team, I forget now... but at least they weren't purely based on opposition players themselves overturning the award.

My link

:lol:

Paulo is probably one of the most honest people I've ever come across in football. Let's get right behind him and the players tomorrow!

'Mon The Hearts!

:ninja:

Rudolf's Mate

Problem is, you can see us getting hammered with them saying the refs should be respected and the clubs agreed to this after the last debacle.....

Despite this I think we should push this all the way!!!

Jambof3tornado

Hope they all go on strike again

The officials they brought in last time were far superior anyway.

Totally this!

Surely Brines should be nowhere near a hearts match until this mess is sorted out! Crazy!

shouldn't be an official at all, the mans a bellend!

Surely Brines should be nowhere near a hearts match until this mess is sorted out! Crazy!

that's the SFA's opening gambit in the response to our clarification request. a message to say "you're not important enough to question anything... don't call us, we'll call you".

Fermit the Krog

Lets not forget he was the man to 'miss' Naismiths elbow on a Dunfermline player despite being less than 8 yards away and looking right at it on his last visit to East End Park.

Taking that in to account, coupled with our own situation regarding him, it really is a big middle finger from the SFA to both clubs to have him anywhere near the game tomorrow.

:down:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Brines shouldn't be anywhere near any football match, never mind Hearts games.

I'm with PS, "I don't want him in my sight" either :lol:

Hackney Hearts

Problem is, you can see us getting hammered with them saying the refs should be respected and the clubs agreed to this after the last debacle.....

But it works both ways - didn't the refs agree to stop lying after the last debacle?

Archived