Same again Attitude required for Saturday

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

The only way we are going to win on saturday is by adopting the same attitude and effort which Hearts put into the Celtic game , nothing less will do , our players are more than capable of beating the Pars on their home patch , the only thing decent at East End Park is their flaky pastry bridies

Come on Hearts , get intae them

Our away record has been an absolute joke recently , which must be addressed asap

The only way we are going to win on saturday is by adopting the same attitude and effort which Hearts put into the Celtic game , nothing less will do , our players are more than capable of beating the Pars on their home patch , the only thing decent at East End Park is their flaky pastry bridies

Come on Hearts , get intae them

Our away record has been an absolute joke recently , which must be addressed asap

Thing is OCR, we should have this attitude full stop, every game. It should`nt be singled out and made anymore important than any other game. (I know you are just making the point btw, not having a dig :thumbsup: )

I said to a mate that i hope the St Johnstone game has the same effect as the Killie 3-0 defeat last season, where it sparked good long term form and made the players realise what is required week to week.

Little did I know when sitting at Hamilton the 12 of Feb last year (I think that was the date) that I would not see Hearts win an away game right upto possibily Nov?

Not good enough tbh.

Arthur Morgan

Little did I know when sitting at Hamilton the 12 of Feb last year (I think that was the date) that I would not see Hearts win an away game right upto possibily Nov?

Not good enough tbh.

Agreed.

If we can show the same desire and application every week as we did against Celtic, then as the OP said, that should change on Saturday. We are capable of beating any SPL side on our day, we just need that consistency.

We lose on Saturday then beat the Huns the following week - then questions need asking about the application and mentality of the team - win them both and......well i'll be on the don revvie as usual :P

it seemed to me at the st johnston game the players thought just turning up was enough to win the match, i hope sergio did some serious ass kicking after that game, if we play every game with the same desire, passion and spirit as we showed against celtic we would be challenging a very poor old firm for the title imo,

the two games we have played against rangers and celtic have shown we can match/better them

Sergio seems to be into total football with good, efeective passing and I admire that. On the other hand I think we should have a real go for the first 30 minutes to dominate them and hopefully put the game out of reach.

As other posters have said, same application shown against Celtic is essential.

3-0 to the Jambos.

We lose on Saturday then beat the Huns the following week - then questions need asking about the application and mentality of the team - win them both and......well i'll be on the don revvie as usual :P

Thing is Rudy, alot is told in how we go about the game.

We could play well tomorrow and lose. We could show the right application, play some nice stuff but lose out to a lucky goal, bad decision etc.....and i would`nt be hanging myself like i was after the St Johnstone game....even though i hate losing.

If you see your team giving the right attitude week in week out you become happy in the knowledge you know they`ll get more positive results than negative over time.....

What i can`t stand is one week giving our all then the next producing a total alien , inept performance......thing is, if most weeks the players did focus properly we`d win plenty......tomorrow is a bigger test of our mentality than Rangers next week.

Not good enough tbh.

Tomorrow is my first away game since that win in Hamilton. We are a certainty to win!!

Thing is Rudy, alot is told in how we go about the game.

We could play well tomorrow and lose. We could show the right application, play some nice stuff but lose out to a lucky goal, bad decision etc.....and i would`nt be hanging myself like i was after the St Johnstone game....even though i hate losing.

If you see your team giving the right attitude week in week out you become happy in the knowledge you know they`ll get more positive results than negative over time.....

What i can`t stand is one week giving our all then the next producing a total alien , inept performance......thing is, if most weeks the players did focus properly we`d win plenty......tomorrow is a bigger test of our mentality than Rangers next week.

I get what your saying D4, for me though there should be no question of attitude, that team/squad is big enough and strong enough to empty anyone who doesn't apply themselves 100% every game. If they have a bad game well that happens but too actually not give your all in any meaningful game is unacceptable.

The 11 players walking out at east end tomorrow should be thinking I'll win my battle first and if those around me do the same we will win this game - we are a better team, I am a better player than my opposite number. I think we have lost that belief on the road and players start to hide when its not going their way.

The only way to get that belief back is by winning, how many bottom of the table team managers do you hear saying, we played well - the lads battled hard and we will start to get results only to be relegated.

Tomorrow Sergio should tell them, forget Celtic last week, win today and anyone who looks to hide will not be near the team next week.

I get what your saying D4, for me though there should be no question of attitude, that team/squad is big enough and strong enough to empty anyone who doesn't apply themselves 100% every game. If they have a bad game well that happens but too actually not give your all in any meaningful game is unacceptable.

The 11 players walking out at east end tomorrow should be thinking I'll win my battle first and if those around me do the same we will win this game - we are a better team, I am a better player than my opposite number. I think we have lost that belief on the road and players start to hide when its not going their way.

The only way to get that belief back is by winning, how many bottom of the table team managers do you hear saying, we played well - the lads battled hard and we will start to get results only to be relegated.

Tomorrow Sergio should tell them, forget Celtic last week, win today and anyone who looks to hide will not be near the team next week.

Totally agree. It`s puzzling really, our away form. We had some superb form away from home last season from August to Dec/Jan.

It does irritate me that we seemed to have lost the art of playing away from Tynie. As you say, you can have all the good intentions of playing a certain way but one thing you must always do is compete and battle.....we all know away games are that bit harder because most teams on their own patch are more confident...

Archived