Sergio not happy

heartsfc_fan

The Old Tolbooth

Gasman,

I hope to **** you are right but I still fear that they will wriggle out of it and claim they never gave the goal in the first place... As mental as that would be to a sane and neutral third party... I think that will be the claim if they need to try and fight this.

I too am left satonished that Brines would be anywhere near a Hearts game if we are challenging his honesty... I would be bitterly disappointed if we are not asking for an enquiry on this right now! :(

I was about 15 feet behind the incident when it happened at Ayr as I was right behind the goal, the view I had of the incident was absolutely perfect and the ball did not hit Eggert's hand.

Brines, not once, not twice, but on THREE separate occasions tried to run to the halfway line by awarding the goal, I looked across at the linesman, and he too was running to the halfway line thinking it was a goal, but then Brines was stopped yet again by the Ayr players (namely the keeper) and he decided to approach Murphy (the linesman), whilst all the time the Ayr keeper was nipping away at them both, and they somehow contrived to come to the decision that the goal should not stand, after BOTH of them thinking it was a goal, you honestly couldn't make it up, it's indefensible.

There's a whole host of reasons to judge why Brines is a bonifide cheat, and if anyone want's to interview me as a witness to said event, then I'd be more than happy to provide what I saw in a statement, but you just know that the SFA are so bent and corrupt in looking after their own that it won't come to that because their complete bottle merchants.

We know Brines is a cheat and I don't think that speaking out against him helps.

Why not?

Brines is a 100% cheat, and needs to be exposed as one, I'm pig sick of spending good hard earned money following my football team only to learn the referee is Ian Brines, and then not really wanting to go to the game because of this appointment, I honestly don't feel that I should be made to feel like that because one man is a cheat, and I'm not alone in thinking this too as I know many more who don't think it's worth going to a game that Brines is in charge of because we know we're going to get shafted......again!

Where's Topcat or Davy from London Hearts when we need them as I'd really like to gather all the facts and figures of how many red cards have been awarded against us, and against our opponents when Brines is in charge (I'm pretty sure he's sent off 6 or 7 Hearts players, and not one single opponent yet), and also how many penalties he's awarded against us, and also for us (I only remember 1 spot kick in our favour at Motherwell, and I think there's been about 8 or 9 against us)

We should take these facts and figures to a lawyer along with the disallowed Ayr goal, and also the Zaliukas, Fyssas, and whatever other incidents this utter cretin of a man has cheated us out of over the years.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only we had a football friendly QC who could go to the press, not in any official capacity you understand, just an individual who hates to see injustice in the world go unpunished and has no ulterior motive whatsoever.

That's what we need.

Anyone know someone like that?

portobellojambo1

Perhaps you will let me know what you would hope to achieve?

a) Brines to never ref another Hearts game

B) Hearts to get reinstated in the cup

or

c) Hearts get players booked or sent off, penalties turned down and given against us at every opportunity

I know which answer my money is on

Going back to your original post Sandi, there is part of it I agree with, and it was something I stated when I got back on our bus after the game. Reality is, however you tart it up, the gulf between Heart of Midlothian and Ayr United is such that based on ability alone we should have won that game comfortably. It is understandable to say we should have won that game, it isn't understandable to say we should accept cheating. You then quantify that by saying by raising our voices it is possible that countless decisions will go against us as a result.

Such an argument is something that should also be getting used against the SFA, no club should be scared to ask for clarification on any matter because of the fear of being persecuted for asking questions. And if you don't ask questions you will never get answers. These are the sort of questions that we shouldn't really have to ask the SFA, in my opinion, because referees should be expected to give a clear report of why they made important decisions in any game, it should be part of the post match requirement. I think we all accept as well that referees are only human being and will make the odd mistake in a match, they may miss something that is picked up by fans sitting watching from a different angle, but this wasn't a mistake, this was a blatant change of mind, with no explanation. Both had given the goal, then for some unknown reason both then changed their mind. I believe it is essential HMFC seek clarification of why, and that is what they have done.

I accept an answer probably will never come about, and that is why, in such instances it would help if in addition to HMFC seeking clarification this was the sort of story that the press were willing to pick up on. Maybe if some of the journalists who view this site and are quite happy to run stories based on some of the obvious bull shit posted on here were to actively chose to run a column based on the fact a member SFA club have approached the SFA with a question and to date have received no answer, i.e. actually challenge the SFA in written word, we might get somewhere towards clearing up our game, and getting some feedback and consistency from those who officiate matches. There is little point in trying to sterilise the terraces and create what they'd deem a desirable environment in which to watch the game if the game itself remains as bent as a bottle of crisps.

Meekly surrendering because you are scared or worried of the consequences isn't the way to tackle such issues, clubs and the media need to speak up.

really can't believe there's still a debate about brines being either incompetent or a cheat.

he's incompetent AND a cheat.

he's a proven liar and he's proven himself to be too feeble minded to be able to right his own wrongs upon review (zaliukas).

being a proven liar = being a cheat. he's cheating the game of natural fair play and justice. cheating his way out of a hole. his enormous litany of dubious decisions says all that needs said about him.

CHEAT. no credible debate otherwise.

The S.F.A will do S.F.A about this incident with Brines. If they do and he is found Guilty of lying, can you imagine the amount of Guilty lowlife scum that he has helped put behind bars with his honest (cough)testimony, asking for their case to be retried because he has since found out to be the (alleged)BIGGEST LIAR that has ever set foot on a football park as a referee. I know it doesn?t help our case but that?s just my thoughts.

Was sure Brines was ref in the Pressley one and 4th official in the second.

It was the same linesman in both games that over turned the refs decision to give a penalty to Hearts

Something smells

The Old Tolbooth

It was the same linesman in both games that over turned the refs decision to give a penalty to Hearts

Something smells

I may be wrong here, but was it not Murphy who was the same linesman who was at Ayr? :unsure:

I am happy that a brand new manager to Scotland has noticed Brines cheating within a few months and is happy to say so.

ordinarily the hope would be that people sit up and take notice of that and begin to question why brines still has a blank cheque to cheat and lie at will.

more likely paulo will be dismissed and lampooned as a puppet doing the bidding of someone else. and we'll all be force fed some utter shite about scottish football being above board.

i wish jj was my dad

I'd love to see Vlad bring Brines down on this one but whereas Lennon, Reid, McBride, church spokesman etc always manage to crank up the pressure successfully, we get ridiculed by the media whenever we highlight such issues. we all know it's wrong but we don't have any influence in the SFA.

No doubt Murderous MacLeod, will be joined by Diver Provan, Andy Wa*ker and co. in telling us to 'get over it'!

I was standing right behind the goals at Ayr, and I was certain Eggert used his back to put the ball into the net. Even after watching the replay several times I cannot see a handball.

Brines gave the goal. FACT!!!

the linesman gave the goal. FACT!!!

The Ayr players greeted their eyes out shouting handball in the linesmans face, at which point Brines went over and changed his mind.

If he is now saying he saw a handball then I find it difficult to draw any other conclusion than this is a bare faced lie.

As for the challenge on Eggert, how Brines could see a phantom hand ball but not a kung fu kick is a mystery.

The SFA should have the balls to fire him immediately, and hold an inquiry into his decisions.

Brines was getting dogs abuse from the Hearts fans that night and Im certain at 1 point he turned round and mouthed back at the fans.

Hardly how an impartial referee should be behaving.

He is a total baw bag.

Having seen the incident again, I think it's significant that two Ayr defenders who were directly in line with Jonsson made absolutely no move to claim hand ball! It was the keeper and another defender who didn't have half the view they did who went bananas!

If you get a chance to see it again, see for yourself!

Remember, the square root of feck all will come of this.

The SFA aren't afraid to stand up to us, they know we're not enough of a nuisance to cause them a major headache.

They are absolutely terrified of Celtic, which is why there was such a hoo-hah about it.

Brines was getting dogs abuse from the Hearts fans that night and Im certain at 1 point he turned round and mouthed back at the fans.

Hardly how an impartial referee should be behaving.

He is a total baw bag.

One that I always remember was away to Motherwell when he booked Clum for diving - TV showed that Brines was wrong. Fair enough you'd think, it happens. Only for a confused looking Clum to be confronted by Brines screaming (and you didn't need to be a champion lipreader) "I'm the ******* ref, I'm the ******* ref" right in his face.

He's a total erse and I'd love Hearts to pursue 'clarification' about this one cos it looks like someone's telling porkies, and I dont think he's Portugese.

Sydney from Sydney

Well done Sergio.

Now this is getting interesting. On the back of the Siongate scandal, its only a matter of time before a team takes the SFA to a civil court for appointing an incompetent ref thus costing them the game and lost revenue. This video and goal line technology will be here as quick as we know it. Brines incompetence only seems to favour Hearts opponents oddly enoughwhistling.gif

Interesting point on goal line technology. We could call it the "Brines Ruling".

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The only technology I want named after that cheating wee dickheid is some kind of torture implement. The horrible wee toley needs takung down and I hope we go all the way with it.

Fozzyonthefence

Brines finest hour was sending off takis on new years day 2006. Also sent off Craig Gordon against falkirk.

At least he's got one big decision right against us then.

alwaysthereinspirit

As long as Hearts keep pushing the envolope with this issue I'll be more than happy.

This is identical to Lennon and Celtic. It sounds like Brines threw the linesman under the bus so we need to go after him right now. Not Brines.

Lets push the linesman to tell his side of the story and the rest will fall into place. The more we keep this in the news the less chance there is of the GFA sweeping it under the carpet. Come on ye Hearts.

Hearts fans need to refuse to attend any away game that Brines is involved in. This will cost other clubs a small fortune and they will soon back Hearts against Brines. Money talk and all that.

Hearts fans need to refuse to attend any away game that Brines is involved in. This will cost other clubs a small fortune and they will soon back Hearts against Brines. Money talk and all that.

:thumbsup: I see what your at here.................

I really cannot believe Brines' reason for disallowing the goal. As said before I was right behind the lino at the gameand when the ball hit the net both officials made way to the halfway line.

The lino defo didnt see a handball as it was just a crowd of players we could see. When Brines came over to him he shrugged his shoulders and shook his head to say he saw nothing but still disallowed the goal on the strength of the Ayr ptotests.

Hearts should push this all the way

One that I always remember was away to Motherwell when he booked Clum for diving - TV showed that Brines was wrong. Fair enough you'd think, it happens. Only for a confused looking Clum to be confronted by Brines screaming (and you didn't need to be a champion lipreader) "I'm the ******* ref, I'm the ******* ref" right in his face.

He's a total erse and I'd love Hearts to pursue 'clarification' about this one cos it looks like someone's telling porkies, and I dont think he's Portugese.

I remember this too - but i'm pretty sure it was Rudi and not Clum.

Was the same day he was being filmed for a documentary.

I remember this too - but i'm pretty sure it was Rudi and not Clum.

Was the same day he was being filmed for a documentary.

He booked Calum when he was in the vicinity of 2 Motherwell players running into each other. He booked Rudi for diving when it was a clear foul and the next time it happened he was forced to give us a penalty.

Im pretty sure he called Calum a an effin jack n danny after he booked him. (but obviously without all the knees up motherbrown cockney about it)

The Sun running with "MAKE BRINES TAKE A LIE DETECTOR TEST" today, quality journalism as always from our favourite media monkeys.

The fandan reporter stating Paulo is "sensationally demanding brines takes a lie detector test" when in reality he says nothing of the sort. braw min

John Gentleman

My point is that we do not control the environment of Scottish Football the SFA do.

If you try to influence the decisions of the SFA they close ranks against you.

We have been on the wrong end of dozens of dodgy decisions since Vlad took over and speaking out against them has just resulted in a vendetta against Hearts by the SFA and refs. This has been to the detriment of the club and resulted in large fines for supposed indiscipline.

So I can assure you that I do get it but the SFA are not going to change.

Our mananger speaking out against Brines will achieve nothing.

NOT speaking out (particularly the RC and Lutheran churches) was a major contributor to the rapid and rampant rise of the Nazis.

Dysfunctional 'accepted norms' should always be challenged. Remember, Dallas's and McDonald's respective underpant stains, when exposed, eventually led to their demise. There's lots of ways to skin cats.

Hackney Hearts

NOT speaking out (particularly the RC and Lutheran churches) was a major contributor to the rapid and rampant rise of the Nazis.

Dysfunctional 'accepted norms' should always be challenged.

I have been sorely tempted to point this out for ages, but didn't want to be the one to confirm Godwin's Law!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

robert martin of the sun is as big a walloper as anyone else in the media but at least he's highlighted brines' forked tongue in clear terms. it hasn't been glossed over to make us look as if we're inventing this issue.

we desperately need to stay on the front foot throughout this and not allow it to disappear into a black hole. allowing it to drop only serves to make it possible for brines and his cohorts to screw us again... and it would be our own fault if we do.

Yes. Remember how well it went for Celtic when they suggested boycotting away games because of incompetence in refereeing.

The other clubs really circled the wagons for them.... mellow.gif

That was a terrible idea then, and it's still a terrible idea now. The only people this affects are the opposition clubs, most of whom can't afford any sort of attendance hit. We have no option but to pursue it through the proper channels, and I can't see us getting anywhere unfortunately. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try though. Maybe the best we can hope for is to build up a series of formal complaints against him which means they just can't risk allocating him to our fixtures anymore. Hardly a good solution but better than nothing.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

With all Vlad's rants at the mafia etc, I simply cannot believe that we are not building a case on this? Surely we must just be allowing them enough rope to hang themselves? What's the point in all the fines and aggro for attacking the SFA and the refs etc if you are not building a proper case with evidence around real life instances of questionable impartiality against your club?

If someone has bothered their arse to keep a log of all these incidents then it would be ******* bulging by now.

robert martin of the sun is as big a walloper as anyone else in the media but at least he's highlighted brines' forked tongue in clear terms. it hasn't been glossed over to make us look as if we're inventing this issue.

we desperately need to stay on the front foot throughout this and not allow it to disappear into a black hole. allowing it to drop only serves to make it possible for brines and his cohorts to screw us again... and it would be our own fault if we do.

Any links/copy and paste to the story? Would prefer not to have to trawl through the Jakeball Times' website to have a butcher's.

Hopefully we take this Celtic loving bassa to the cleaners on this one. Do it for Takis Hearts. :thumbsup:

_41291928_takisfyssas203.jpg

:sob:

Yes. Remember how well it went for Celtic when they suggested boycotting away games because of incompetence in refereeing.

The other clubs really circled the wagons for them.... mellow.gif

That was a terrible idea then, and it's still a terrible idea now. The only people this affects are the opposition clubs, most of whom can't afford any sort of attendance hit. We have no option but to pursue it through the proper channels, and I can't see us getting anywhere unfortunately. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try though. Maybe the best we can hope for is to build up a series of formal complaints against him which means they just can't risk allocating him to our fixtures anymore. Hardly a good solution but better than nothing.

Ahem... fairly sure he was being ironic there, pal. :turned:

So you might assume....but can't be too careful round these parts anymore. There are some full on proper mental views about. :biggrin:

Sergio Garcia

When I see Brines has been appointed in any vicinity as an official it always has me rethinking my decision to attend matches, the same thing happened with MacDonald. In no way shape or form should supporters have to think that when they want to watch their team.

If he goes itll be a day to celebrate but sadly he seems bulletproof at the moment.

Brines knows he can do as he pleases so long as he doesn't upset one of the Glasgow sides.

Until he messes up against one of them we'll be stuck with him fecking us over. :angry:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Too many people seem willing to accept that we will always get ###### over and that we just need to accept it... GTF, even if the odds are against you, you NEVER just lie back and take a rogering because there seems little hope. Nae firkin moral fibre some people, stop acting like scared beaten wives FFS! :o

Coburg Hearts

According to a ref I know this is exactly what he thinks.

So did Dougie McHobo, so let's not give up hope.

BTW, I think that Murphy, the linesman, could be the most crooked of them all. down.gif Thank **** he ain't a referee.

I hope Brines is feckin squirming today.

Lying, cheating scumbag that he is. <_<

I doubt it, he's probably giving himself a good seeing to at the furore being caused on his behalf.

Paulo's spot on and I'd be nothing short of delighted if Mr Romanov followed suit and released a similar public statement/complaint about the jumped up prick.

Too many people seem willing to accept that we will always get ###### over and that we just need to accept it... GTF, even if the odds are against you, you NEVER just lie back and take a rogering because there seems little hope. Nae firkin moral fibre some people, stop acting like scared beaten wives FFS! :o

Thing is it's been going on for years and if we are to do anything about it we have to be a lot more proactive than a bit of gum bumping post match like we usually do. Reality is we don't have the clout in this country to heap pressure to force change like the weegie jakeballs do.

What those ideas are that would work for us? I have no idea.

Real shame that weekend where the foreign refs would have stepped in last season didn't materialise. Would have been interesting to see opinions amongst clubs how they fared.

Any links/copy and paste to the story? Would prefer not to have to trawl through the Jakeball Times' website to have a butcher's.

Hopefully we take this Celtic loving bassa to the cleaners on this one. Do it for Takis Hearts. :thumbsup:

_41291928_takisfyssas203.jpg

don't have a link but what he did do was to make it clear that there did appear to be a strange sequence of events.

many others would have spun it such that it was all "hearts claim..." and "hearts believe...".

it's what i would tend to term as basic and honest reporting. there used to be a lot more of it. nowadays there's far too much agenda driven twisting of words and WUMing. more clear and honest reporting will always be welcome.

don't have a link but what he did do was to make it clear that there did appear to be a strange sequence of events.

many others would have spun it such that it was all "hearts claim..." and "hearts believe...".

it's what i would tend to term as basic and honest reporting. there used to be a lot more of it. nowadays there's far too much agenda driven twisting of words and WUMing. more clear and honest reporting will always be welcome.

Are we now relying on a Sunsport monkey for objective reporting of Hearts matters?

0,,10289~3011098,00.jpg

So did Dougie McHobo, so let's not give up hope.

BTW, I think that Murphy, the linesman, could be the most crooked of them all. down.gif Thank **** he ain't a referee.

I think there is a bit of a double act involved with Murphy and Brines. Bad enough when we have had them individually but together very sinister.

i wish jj was my dad

I was really glad to see the back of Dougie McHobo. Brines might be even better.

I really hope the club has a strategy in place rather than just following up Mr Sergio's comments with a Vlad rant.

The club must keep up the pressure on this. It's almost a carbon copy of the McHobo carry on. Campbell Ogilvie is at the SFA now and he must be well aware of whats gone on over the past few years with Brines performances in Hearts games.

i wish jj was my dad

The similarities with the McHobo case are clear.

The difference for me is that the media genuinely scented blood because of the 'discrimination' myth peddled by Dr Reid and co. With us we get the usual nonsense from ****s like Murdo saying we should 'get over it'. I don't get the feeling that anyone is behind us on this.

I genuinely hope Vlad is building a water tight case to take Brines down and bring the corruption to an end but if the Andy Davis experience is anything to go by we'll still be having this debate in 20 years time.

The similarities with the McHobo case are clear.

The difference for me is that the media genuinely scented blood because of the 'discrimination' myth peddled by Dr Reid and co. With us we get the usual nonsense from ****s like Murdo saying we should 'get over it'. I don't get the feeling that anyone is behind us on this.

I genuinely hope Vlad is building a water tight case to take Brines down and bring the corruption to an end but if the Andy Davis experience is anything to go by we'll still be having this debate in 20 years time.

Andy (the h*n)Davis, was as clean as the driven snow(to the GFA anyway) but it was remarkable how he disappeared, mutch like the snow, maybe th GFA took him on a trip down the clyde with a concrete boot. :down:

Andy (the h*n)Davis, was as clean as the driven snow(to the GFA anyway) but it was remarkable how he disappeared, mutch like the snow, maybe th GFA took him on a trip down the clyde with a concrete boot. :down:

Well before he disappeared they gave him the Scottish cup final between celtic and Dundee United as a reward for the job he did on us earlier that season.

Archived