We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

I would like to see:

Kello

Hamill-Zal-Webster-Grainger

Jonsson-Black

Tauoil-Rudi-Temps

Stevo

But have a funny feeling it will be the same team as the Celtic game.

Fort Vallance

I would like to see:

Kello

Jonsson-Black

Tauoil-Rudi-Temps

Stevo

I'd settle for that.

I would like to see:

Kello

Jonsson-Black

Tauoil-Rudi-Temps

Stevo

Happy with that, definitely Kello and i like the idea of Tauoil playing, although i would definitely have Mroweic instead of Black.

It has to be the same team that beat celtic shooorly!!!

No guarantees with Sergio, seems to be happy to pick the team appropriate to the fixture, rather than stick with the same XI every week. Fine if you've got a squad with EPL quality running through it, but not convinced it's the best way to go for us. I'd like to see the same starting XI on Saturday, as played against Celtic last time out, but I'd be quite surprised....

No guarantees with Sergio, seems to be happy to pick the team appropriate to the fixture, rather than stick with the same XI every week. Fine if you've got a squad with EPL quality running through it, but not convinced it's the best way to go for us. I'd like to see the same starting XI on Saturday, as played against Celtic last time out, but I'd be quite surprised....

I'd like to see Driver and Kyle in there. And Suso on the bench with Holt.

The same team that played Celtic deserve to start.

Not enough creativity or options going forward with Adrian, Black and Eggy. It was a solid performance against Celtic nothing more. All three good efforts in the first half were from set pieces and both goals came from speculative long balls. We played well against Celtic but in reality Stevo was isolated up front for most of the game and Rudi and Temps had little inside to link with. IMO we need to drop one of three aforementioned, Adrian for me, and replace with Obua or Taouil to play in a mobile three behind Stevenson.

I'd like to see Driver and Kyle in there. And Suso on the bench with Holt.

No chance of Kyle being there, little chance of Suso and who knows with Driver. :(

The line up is less important than the attitude and motivation, which has been severely lacking in away games under Sergio.

The line up is less important than the attitude and motivation, which has been severely lacking in away games under Sergio.

Poster's name quite appropriate?

Away results have been dire for a long time now. Not all as bad as St Johnstone and nothing like as bad as some under the previous manager. We are now getting results at home and certainly it is time to get some away results and while attitude is important I believe that team selection and deployment are more important as we should take the attitude for granted. Is the main problem with away results not that our squad quality is not good enough to overcome home advantage in a poor, dog eat dog league?

Be happy to see the team that started against Celtic.

Think this could be a more tricky game than meets the eye. Dunfermline are a better team than league position suggests and our away form needs to improve.

Not enough creativity or options going forward with Adrian, Black and Eggy. It was a solid performance against Celtic nothing more. All three good efforts in the first half were from set pieces and both goals came from speculative long balls. We played well against Celtic but in reality Stevo was isolated up front for most of the game and Rudi and Temps had little inside to link with. IMO we need to drop one of three aforementioned, Adrian for me, and replace with Obua or Taouil to play in a mobile three behind Stevenson.

^^^This^^^ We were average against Celtic, it was the worst Celtic team/performance at Tynecastle in years.

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't set-up differently i.e more attacking against Dunfermline is a little tactically naive.

Poster's name quite appropriate?

Away results have been dire for a long time now. Not all as bad as St Johnstone and nothing like as bad as some under the previous manager. We are now getting results at home and certainly it is time to get some away results and while attitude is important I believe that team selection and deployment are more important as we should take the attitude for granted. Is the main problem with away results not that our squad quality is not good enough to overcome home advantage in a poor, dog eat dog league?

My impression is that we lack the ambition to go and win games away from home under Sergio. I don't accept that the quality of our squad is any worse than say Motherwell or St Johnstone, both of whom have won three times away from home already this season.

Both of these teams have had a manager who has had time to acquire players and know this league. Having seen them both I think they both have decent but small squads while we have a large squad thin on quality and quite imbalanced. Our away record is poor in 2011but I can't agree that we can blame the new manager for this yet.

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Black

Jonsson

Templeton

Skacel

Driver

Stevenson

Subs:

MacDonald

Mrowiec

Obua

Novikovas

Elliott

Robinson

Smith

Both of these teams have had a manager who has had time to acquire players and know this league. Having seen them both I think they both have decent but small squads while we have a large squad thin on quality and quite imbalanced. Our away record is poor in 2011but I can't agree that we can blame the new manager for this yet.

Sergio is the one who picks the team and sets it up for these games. There's no one else to blame I'm afraid.

I assume you feel he is due praise for our improved home record (I certainly do). Works both ways, surely. :P

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Black

Jonsson

Templeton

Skacel

Driver

Stevenson

Subs:

MacDonald

Mrowiec

Obua

Novikovas

Elliott

Robinson

Smith

Yip, would go with that starting eleven. :thumbsup:

It has to be the same team that beat celtic shooorly!!!

Agree why change a winning team! Same effort and attitude and we will win, might not be pretty but ill take a horrible 1-0, we MUST start to win away games.

We should play the same team that beat Celtic. We should also make sure that the subs are warming up for most of the game and look ready to come on if any of the starters don't put in the same level of commitment that they did in the last game.

However, if the thread is more about listing attacking line ups that we would like to see against weaker opposition then I would go for:

----------------Kello------------------

Hammil-----Webster-----Zal-----Grainger

--------------Eggert-------------------

---Suso-----------------------Driver---

---------Skacel--------Templeton-------

----------------Stevenson---------------

Obviously the opposition would have to be pretty poor in midfield for us not to be overrun. We'd be able to play a lot of football going forward though.

if Kello's fit he should play. Ther's also no need for a midfield 3 of Jonsson, Black and Mroweic against Dunfermline, they are not good enough to jsutify 3 defensive minded midfielders against. one of those 3 should make way, preferably Mroweic imo and Robinson, Elliot or Obua should take their place.

No chance of Kyle being there, little chance of Suso and who knows with Driver. :(

Apparently Driver has pronounced himself fit for selection tomorrow but as he has not payed since the derby match I would imagine a place on the bench will be the best he will get.

I doubt we will ever see Kyle playing again, no idea about Suso perhaps he came back too soon.

Apparently Driver has pronounced himself fit for selection tomorrow but as he has not payed since the derby match I would imagine a place on the bench will be the best he will get.

I doubt we will ever see Kyle playing again, no idea about Suso perhaps he came back too soon.

If Driver is fit I would like to see him on the bench alongside Jason Holt.

High hopes that Stevenson can bag a couple of goals.

Usually I'd be all for the same team as the Celtic game but I think we need to be a bit more attacking.

Kello

Hamill

Zal

Webster

Grainger

Mrowiec

Jonsson

Temps

Taouil

Elliott

Stevenson

Skacel can be saved for home games and my views on Black have been aired on here enough times without bringing them up again.

^^^This^^^ We were average against Celtic, it was the worst Celtic team/performance at Tynecastle in years.

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't set-up differently i.e more attacking against Dunfermline is a little tactically naive.

We'd guarantee ourselves a point of we kept the same team.

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

Grainger

Black

Jonsson

Templeton

Skacel

Driver

Stevenson

Subs:

MacDonald

Mrowiec

Obua

Novikovas

Elliott

Robinson

Smith

Yup so I believe.

Coburg Hearts

Sergio is the one who picks the team and sets it up for these games. There's no one else to blame I'm afraid.

I assume you feel he is due praise for our improved home record (I certainly do). Works both ways, surely. :P

I

Your argument only holds water if we had been on a good run of away form. t is much easier to continue a winning run than it is to rectify a losing run.

Archived