BBC Scotland documentary on RFC/Craig Whyte

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I see that BBC Scotland are doing a documentary on Rangers and Craig Whyte on Thursday 20th October. The programme is the result of investigations by Panorama reporter Mark Daly. I don't know if it will be looking more at Whyte's background or the perilous state of RFC's finances, or both.

It will be interesting to see if they go to the same lengths that they did when trying to discredit Vlad's business dealings.

The main topic of conversation currently on RFC forums is to question Daly's religious persuasion :whistling:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I see that BBC Scotland are doing a documentary on Rangers and Craig Whyte on Thursday 20th October. The programme is the result of investigations by Panorama reporter Mark Daly. I don't know if it will be looking more at Whyte's background or the perilous state of RFC's finances, or both.

It will be interesting to see if they go to the same lengths that they did when trying to discredit Vlad's business dealings.

The main topic of conversation currently on RFC forums is to question Daly's religious persuasion :whistling:

If they pussyfoot about with them then hopefully Private Eye will just rip the utter pish out of BBC Scotland, like they do with Whytie just now. :D

I can only begin to imagine....

If it's anything like recent investigations it'll be lots of open ended questions that don't really go anywhere (probably because they can't/won't due to lack of evidence and for legal reasons) and they'll just make lots of inferences and 'suggestions' of possible scenarios. If there was anything really juicy I'm sure it would have come out by now, it's not like there hasn't been enough interest or plenty of people trying to dig stuff up. I'll probably watch anyway though.

If they pussyfoot about with them then hopefully Private Eye will just rip the utter pish out of BBC Scotland, like they do with Whytie just now.

Private Eye have continued to investigate and publish information (including the current issue, I believe) about both RFC's case with HMRC, and Whyte's business dealings. It's to the shame of the media in Scotland, that they have not picked up and run with these stories. :sad:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Private Eye have continued to investigate and publish information (including the current issue, I believe) about both RFC's case with HMRC, and Whyte's business dealings. It's to the shame of the media in Scotland, that they have not picked up and run with these stories. :sad:

Entirely predictable however... It is more of a shame that Private Eye have not started ripping the nuts off BBC Scotland, The Daily Record and The Scottish Hun yet to be honest. :angry:

Hopefully the BBC do a 'whytewash' of the problems and then a few weeks later the club goes thrupnies north and then they are made to look even more ridiculous. :lol: Now that would be fecking humorous!! :lol:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Shame? They have no shame :verymad: . I find it a little odd that a London based satirical publication should show more interest in Whyte and Rangers' financial problems than any of the Scottish based media. Although they've never been afraid to take risks, Private Eye is usually pretty close to the truth in most of what they print and their researchers and writers will know a lot more about all things financial and fiscal than anyone at any newspaper, or even the BBC, in Scotland. With Rangers, or any Scottish football club, not exactly of much interest to the vast majority of their readership, I doubt they'd be interested in the story if they didn't firmly believe there was some, or even a lot of, muck to be raked. BBC Scotland on the other hand.... Still, we can all just hope that they have grown some and we get an interesting and hard hitting peice of TV investigative journalism. Mind you, the truth might be that rangers really do have nothing to worry about :whistling:

cumbernauldjambo83

No media would ever be allowed into the real truth behind the dark chambers Ibrox! Trust me! Way to much to see am afraid!

My Payroll days served me well, all be it I contracted OCD from excessively washing my paws with every door I touched, the thought of touching an object a filthy hun had lay fingers own, didn't sit well with me! :P

Even as an employee we where certain corridors leading to particulars depts we had vast dealings with, Finance and HR! Cladding with masonic regalia, wall to wall....well as it was claimed by those senior colleagues! I can testify to clocking a mural of so-called Satanic merchant Albert Pike, just outside the Brooloan suite! Scary old man with an apron on! :o And the Master 'G' Compass carved into the wood on the underside of the main entrance!

Shame? They have no shame :verymad: . I find it a little odd that a London based satirical publication should show more interest in Whyte and Rangers' financial problems than any of the Scottish based media. Although they've never been afraid to take risks, Private Eye is usually pretty close to the truth in most of what they print and their researchers and writers will know a lot more about all things financial and fiscal than anyone at any newspaper, or even the BBC, in Scotland. With Rangers, or any Scottish football club, not exactly of much interest to the vast majority of their readership, I doubt they'd be interested in the story if they didn't firmly believe there was some, or even a lot of, muck to be raked. BBC Scotland on the other hand.... Still, we can all just hope that they have grown some and we get an interesting and hard hitting peice of TV investigative journalism. Mind you, the truth might be that rangers really do have nothing to worry about :whistling:

I'd believe Private Eye before any other newspaper or magazine published in the UK. They're generally spot on.

Mark Daly was the lad who did the Secret Policeman, wasn't he?

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, MASSIVE teddy bears man. <_<

Footballfirst

Mark Daly was the lad who did the Secret Policeman, wasn't he?

That's the guy. Also did some stuff on the Stephen Lawrence murder and ?Scotland?s Secret Serial Killer? which included the World's End murders.

In the Secret Policeman he worked undercover as a bobby. I wonder if he's been working undercover at Ibrox, perhaps as Stephen Whittaker :whistling:

That's the guy. Also did some stuff on the Stephen Lawrence murder and ?Scotland?s Secret Serial Killer? which included the World's End murders.

Thought so. Didn't have the inclination to bother checking, but I watched the programme again about 2 years ago so quite fresh in my memory.

There's a scene in it where he takes his racist policeman pal to Ibrox to take in a game and hounds him into slagging effnicks. :lol:

The boy must have fit right in tbf.

Archived