Hearts v Motherwell 24/12/11

Back to 2005

portobellojambo1

There are so many people who say religion plays too big a part in Scottish football and/or they have no interest in religion. Now it seems some when given the option to choose football or religion are getting all pseudo religious.

Any excuse not to spend time with people, even relatives, you wouldn't consider talking to the rest of the year has to be a good thing, especially when the excuse is a chance to watch HMFC play a game of football at 15:00 on a Saturday. It's when football is meant to be played, and any fecker that is coming to Edinburgh for Christmas/New Year will already be here on the Saturday, so the crowd will not be affected.

Anyone considering not going because they are worried their other half will get lost delivering the presents to relatives while they are at the game should do the sensible thing. Buy them a feckin SatNav for their Christmas and give them it (and the SatNav) a few days early.

We would get a bigger crowd on Boxing Day. That is a stone cold fact. That said I've no problem with it being Christmas Eve, though it will mean I'm not there

Nucky Thompson

I think it's perfect. No horse racing on xmas eve but we get to go to the footie, no scottish football on boxing day but a few English games and great horse racing on the TV :thumbsup:

Surely Hearts are not going ahead with the ridiculous idea of playing on Christmas eve? How many fans are going to have to miss this because of family commitments? Cant they do the decent thing and play on date that suits the fans (ie the paying customer) like boxing day? Only In Scotland would this happen.

well i will not be there x mas eve na. :verymad: could be the lowest crowd of the season :angry:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sounds like a case of sour grapes.

Transport on boxing day is a joke, and crowds are hardly likely to be better with families visiting the inlaws etc.

Never mind, as the game is on Xmas Eve. Most of us here seem to prefer the date. :thumbsup:

Aberdeen Hearts match on Boxing Day a couple years back was a sell out, the only one between the clubs in years. It seems to be lost on some folk here that people are saying they CANT GO, which will affect the crowd.

No sour grapes pal, just seems an odd day to play the game when traditionally Scottish festive football has always been on Boxing Day, a PUBLIC holiday, which Xmas Eve is NOT. I'd say common sense

Xmas eve will do me thanks..

Usually finishing xmas shopping that day...better start early..

Surely Hearts are not going ahead with the ridiculous idea of playing on Christmas eve? How many fans are going to have to miss this because of family commitments? Cant they do the decent thing and play on date that suits the fans (ie the paying customer) like boxing day? Only In Scotland would this happen.

Don`t worry, i have a feeling Hearts will get the game postponed due to the usual winter ailments that`ll sweep through the club and take out most of the squad....... we`ll get a sickline from the doc stating the squad has Tinselitis......

taxi..........................

Aberdeen Hearts match on Boxing Day a couple years back was a sell out, the only one between the clubs in years. It seems to be lost on some folk here that people are saying they CANT GO, which will affect the crowd.

No sour grapes pal, just seems an odd day to play the game when traditionally Scottish festive football has always been on Boxing Day, a PUBLIC holiday, which Xmas Eve is NOT. I'd say common sense

It's a fair enough argument if Xmas Eve wasn't a Saturday this year

Christmas Eve is a Saturday, though.

The day that every game should be played.

portobellojambo1

Christmas Eve is a Saturday, and football is meant to be played on Saturdays, in fact it is what Saturdays were intended for, right from day one BC (whenever that was).

Do your last minute shopping a day earlier...

That's the fecker for me. I'm usually running round shops 3pm on Christmas Eve :D

I think it's perfect. No horse racing on xmas eve but we get to go to the footie, no scottish football on boxing day but a few English games and great horse racing on the TV :thumbsup:

The nail has been hit on the head there.

That's the fecker for me. I'm usually running round shops 3pm on Christmas Eve :D

Well do the decent thing a pop by the garage on the way home from the match,spark plugs for her,fluffy dice for the bairn and a ******* road map for the inlaws (take oot the page with your hoose in it) sorted

So we're going to play a game on a Saturday at 3pm (the rightful home of the football kick-off) and now people are going to moan about that.

Can someone do the facepalm smiley for me please? :-)

Or better yet tell me the code!

Perfect day for the football, everybody will off work anyway. Should be a decent crowd as it will be 3rd v 4th at that time.

Archived