Where would this team finish in the SPL?

scott_jambo

-----------------------------------------Ridgers------------------------------------------

C. Thomson trollface.png--------R Mcgowan---D Mcgowan------------Mchattie

Novikovas--------Prychenko-------Holt-----------Robinson----------Templeton

-----------------------------------------Smith-------------------------------------

I would say 6th and probably 4th if we were allowed to pick a couple of players brought in (I would choose Grainger and Webster).

Makes you think how much we are spending on wages to finish 3rd in what is essentially a minging league.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-----------------------------------------Ridgers------------------------------------------

C. Thomson trollface.png--------R Mcgowan---D Mcgowan------------Mchattie

Novikovas--------Prychenko-------Holt-----------Robinson----------Templeton

-----------------------------------------Smith-------------------------------------

I would say 6th and probably 4th if we were allowed to pick a couple of players brought in (I would choose Grainger and Webster).

Makes you think how much we are spending on wages to finish 3rd in what is essentially a minging league.

That team would not finish 4th, or 6th. It would be a lot lower, probably quite near the bottom.

I'll say 10th or 11th.

We would get gubbed week in week out with Ridgers in goal we trust Paulo not to pick this team

I don't mind saying that the team would get gubbed with the argument that it is very inexperienced, but what is your beef with Ridgers? I could've chosen Mcdonald who also came through our system, but Ridgers is a very talented keeper, as he showed against Aberdeen in the league cup.

That team would not finish 4th, or 6th. It would be a lot lower, probably quite near the bottom.

I'll say 10th or 11th.

The team would definitely not finish 4th. I would say 6th or 7th.

If we put a Grainger a fully fit Webster in the team and Mcdonald (if you want) then where would you think it would finish?

Didnt see the game heard he done ok but to play week in week out for us which includes Derbys,Celtic,Rangers just cant see it mate

Chris Benoit

I'll say 10th or 11th.

7th-9th I'd think, would learn quickly and there is no lack of quality going through the team. Second season they would be looking at around 4th

Didnt see the game heard he done ok but to play week in week out for us which includes Derbys,Celtic,Rangers just cant see it mate

You could be right, but I have high hopes for the lad.

That's a bit of a contradiction. By playing well against Aberdeen for East Fife shows that he can handle the big games..is that not what derbys, Celtic and Rangers are to us? Also...sorry to be pedantic but did nobody teach you punctuation at school?

7th-9th I'd think, would learn quickly and there is no lack of quality going through the team. Second season they would be looking at around 4th

Aye that sounds about right to me

Alot of predictions coming in at 6th, bottom 6....and what does this prove? You drip feed most youngsters unless they stick out a mile and are ready pretty early.....

I always believe this personally and the shouts for almost wholesale changes in past threads are a bit out of touch...

ToadKiller Dog

As it stands now in there development that team would struggle to avoid relegation ,they would be out muscled every game .

The creative players like Temps ,Holt would be bullied from the experienced older players in the likes of St Midden/St Johnstone in every game ,the old firm ,Dundee United would rack up cricket scores .

Like with Temps we saw his form slump for a while as other teams worked him out, credit to him he has worked on it and it seems has added more to his game as seen in the tic game ,could he have done that in the above side under the pressure that

would have been on him ?.

Players need time to develop learn the SPL in its current form would not give them the time ,with no older heads to cover there mistakes etc they would likely fold badly and it would be hard for them to get out any slump .

Now a bigger SPL with more teams would make a difference take off some presure allow time to develop .

Maybe i am being a bit negative as i do see many of that 11 going on to have very good careers hopefully with us for as long as possible .

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

The creative players like Temps ,Holt would be bullied

Take it you've not seen the size of Holt then? laugh.gif No one's bullying him, imo.

And Robinson may be wee but he's strong, quick and energetic.

Relegated without a shadow of a doubt.

Absolute no brain er.

Hi Fodithman.

When was the last time you saw the youths play a match? When was the last time you took in a Hearts game actually? :verysmug:

Maybe i am being a bit negative as i do see many of that 11 going on to have very good careers hopefully with us for as long as possible .

You aren`t mate(being negative). Young players need to play alongside experienced ones to progress , learn and become more confident at a higher level. They also need to time to be nurtured under the manager of the club(who is hopefully a good one when they get to the first team!)to show them the ways of the world and not just the youth coach who has been their gaffer for a while...

It`s been a football fundamental for about 100 years.... :)

That's a bit of a contradiction. By playing well against Aberdeen for East Fife shows that he can handle the big games..is that not what derbys, Celtic and Rangers are to us? Also...sorry to be pedantic but did nobody teach you punctuation at school?

Playing against a rank rotten Aberdeen side in an empty stadium can hardly be compared to those types of games.

Given time that team could be more than capable of finishing comfortably lower to mid-table.

The most pointless and impossible to answer thread award goes to.......

SCOTT_JAMBO

Take it you've not seen the size of Holt then? laugh.gif No one's bullying him, imo.

At St Johnstone, Robinson came on the park and nailed a few of the Perth Farmer boys. Just what was needed after the insipid display from the starting 11.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Hi Fodithman.

When was the last time you saw the youths play a match? When was the last time you took in a Hearts game actually? :verysmug:

2 season tickets Charlie.

Your a poor troll and showing no signs of getting any better.

Happy to help...:thumbsup:

Relegated without a shadow of a doubt.

Absolute no brain er.

SCOTT_JAMBO

Look at them, just waiting to tear into my good self.

Luckily, I can rise above the blatant trolling that goes on within this site from time to time. :smuggy:

2 season tickets Charlie.

Can you answer my question. When was the last time you took in a Hearts match?

Thanks in advance. thumbsup.gif

I will confirm your answer with The Revenant. :)

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Can you answer my question. When was the last time you took in a Hearts match?

Thanks in advance. thumbsup.gif

I will confirm your answer with The Revenant. :)

More trolling !!

SCOTT_JAMBO

Most blatant and shite piece of trolling today?

STEN GUNS

Nothing wrong with this thread

More trolling !!

Can we stop accusing each other of trolling and answer the question?

Cheers.

Awaiting the answer with baited breath.

NAP that it was the White Hart Lane game due to it being on your doorstep. thumbsup.gif

shaun.lawson

It was funny on the shoutbox, tiresome now tbf

:Agree:

Scott trying far too hard. :vrface:

It was funny on the shoutbox, tiresome now tbf

What happened on the shoutbox?

It was hard enough watching that abortion of a game last night without reading folk talking about it

EDIT - Shaun is that nodding head your favourite smilie? Not having a go but you're the only person I ever see using it :lol:

Most blatant and shite piece of trolling today?

STEN GUNS

Nothing wrong with this thread

Trolling...... Because I have the opinion that this thread is horrific.

:Vlad-Stupid:

What are you on about shaun, my point is that he hasn't seen the youths play once and he is confirming relegation. Well seen I've touched a nerve because you live dann saff and barely make it out your house to the local offies, never mind tynecastle.

shaun.lawson

What are you on about shaun, my point is that he hasn't seen the youths play once and he is confirming relegation. Well seen I've touched a nerve because you live dann saff and barely make it out your house to the local offies, never mind tynecastle.

Scott now :seething: with rage. :lol:

There's an art to all of this. You seem to have misplaced it somewhere. :ninja:

Chris Benoit

What happened on the shoutbox?

It was hard enough watching that abortion of a game last night without reading folk talking about it

Nothing much bit of piss taking back and forward but I don't think it's right Lionheart getting the piss taken every time he comes on

Trolling...... Because I have the opinion that this thread is horrific.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Aye good one chief, please explain what is horrific about asking how a team full of our promising youth players would do?

Admittedly it's a team we will probably never see but there are merits in the question

If you can't see that then I seriously question your already questionable intellect

However I wait with bated breath your next smilie :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

EDIT - Shaun is that nodding head your favourite smilie? Not having a go but you're the only person I ever see using it :lol:

I do like it, yes. :) But it's more that there's such an insane list of smileys on this site, and they take so long to load, that I've ended up memorising the code for at least half a dozen of 'em. Same with a number of posters, I imagine. :mellow:

ToadKiller Dog

Saw him when he came on at Tannadice the last game last season looked a great prospect thats where he is , he would struggle at this time if playing every week as consitancey at a high level is rare in younger players,I would say he is ready to get a regular place on the bench and the odd last 10 mins .

Robinson has played more and is ready to start more games but in my opinion not yet every game Robinson is developing well .

We dont have the reserve league anymore which is a shame as that gave young lads like them more time against older players cutting the jump between U19s and a full game. There is a big jump between the two levels even in a pish league like the SPL

Bullying is more than just physical its also mental pressure generally young players are not yet mature enough and likely to lash out more so with a old head to give them a word or calm down .

Shaun, I'm on my blackberry now so can't portray my seethe with you effectively. Anyway can we get back to the topic of the thread? Do you not think we pay a lot in wages to essentially finish a couple of places higher in the league? Especially when tthese players quite often under perform.

shaun.lawson

Shaun, I'm on my blackberry now so can't portray my seethe with you effectively. Anyway can we get back to the topic of the thread? Do you not think we pay a lot in wages to essentially finish a couple of places higher in the league? Especially when tthese players quite often under perform.

I really wouldn't know. I don't go to games. :teehee:

But your general point is a very interesting one. A bit over a decade ago, we were paying silly money, purely in order to finish 3rd; then we started paying a lot less, and before long, were finishing 3rd again.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It takes staggering levels of incompetence for a club our size to finish lower than 5th in this league. Therefore, I'd suggest you're clearly on to something here.

Aye good one chief, please explain what is horrific about asking how a team full of our promising youth players would do?

Admittedly it's a team we will probably never see but there are merits in the question

If you can't see that then I seriously question your already questionable intellect

However I wait with bated breath your next smilie :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

You answered for me.

Thanks.

shaun.lawson

STATEMENT

We wish to distance ourselves from scott_jambo.

The Clique

scott_jambo: :sob:

The clique: ::troll:::'>

Lawson: :verysmug:

:facepalm:

You answered for me.

Thanks.

This is a football forum, on such forums people debate things that possibly might never happen i.e. potential signings, team line ups etc that does not mean there are not merits in discussing it, if we only talked about things that will happen then this place would be as quiet as the void between your ears

Let me explain one more time, this thread is trying to make the point that if we got rid of some of the higher earners and replaced them with kids who came through the ranks would it have a dramatic effect on the fortunes of the club, the merits of this debate are driven by the fact that it has been well publicised by Mr Romanov that is how he sees the long term future of the club

I'd also kindly request you read back the 40+ replies to the thread and notice the only person questioning the merits of the thread is you, what does that tell you (handy hint - it doesn't make you right)

Now do yourself a favour take all this on the chin, hopefully it'll make you a better person in the long run, meanwhile leave the witty replies and clever use of smilies to the posters who know what they are doing (not me, but they know who they are) before you make an even bigger **** of yourself

Archived