Portugoal.net loves the Paulo Sergio Song

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

A few days ago on twitter a couple of journalists either from Portugal or based there were talking about the Paulo Sergio song (which they had seen on youtube) and how they enjoyed it. Here is one of the main english language Portuguese football website's take on the song:

http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/more-portuguese-abroad-news/27957-giving-it-up-for-sergio

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Nice one, enjoyed it. Pity about the moron shouting F.... B.....ds though.

jamboinglasgow

yeah, it annoyed me as well, would have been perfect had he not shouted that.

"From there, onto Portuguese state television as RTP featured the above clip at the tail end of the news the other evening."

It made the Portuguese TV news? As much as I think Paulos great and the chant is terrific, I'd be extremely surprised if it even made the news here.

Still, looks like a nice bit of publicity for us in Portugal. :)

Also: "the fans? manlove for their manager".

:oohmatron:

jack D and coke

yeah, it annoyed me as well, would have been perfect had he not shouted that.

Sorry have to honest i pished masel laughing when i heard that :lol::whistling:

If the guy had stopped at 'get it up ye ya horrible barstewards' then the video would have perfect. The F...barstewards bit spoilt it unfortunately

Exactly. What a moron.

There's evidence right there for L&B finest and their investigation.

Just hoping that the F**** B****** bit was dubbed out when they showed it on the News!!!!

Maybe the culprit got an early morning visit for L&B!!!!

Coburg Hearts

I'm in that video :D

Better watch or they'll be asking you to do a voice test.rolleyes.gif

Coburg Hearts

"Celtic displayed all the fight of a week-old kitten"

:-D

That article is immense

After a slight paws, Hearts were purrfect and clawed their way to an easy victory, when it looked like they would win by a whisker. (this is worse than the sun geek.gif)

southside1874

Just hoping that the F**** B****** bit was dubbed out when they showed it on the News!!!!

Maybe the culprit got an early morning visit for L&B!!!!

If I sing songs of Irish rebels and accept who I am then being called a Fenian would make me an Irish Rebel. So what is the problem with these guys??

If I sing songs of Irish rebels and accept who I am then being called a Fenian would make me an Irish Rebel. So what is the problem with these guys??

Logic like this is an utter embarrassment.

Shout it in front of a copper, get lifted, then have your day or so on court and get your brief to use this as your defence.

We really need a test case to clarify this position.

Bert Le Clos

After a slight paws, Hearts were purrfect and clawed their way to an easy victory, when it looked like they would win by a whisker. (this is worse than the sun geek.gif)

Hearts purred their way to victory and sent their fans home feline very happy.

Bert Le Clos

Fenian *******s.

:arry:

I find it strange that the swear filter blocks out the second word.

I expect 95% of the Celtic support at Tynecastle have no clue who their father is, therefore in this case it is a perfectly acceptable word to be used.

I'm in that video as well. Don't think I'd be putting it up on YouTube if I were the cameraman though!

the windae cleaner

whoever made the video would do well to remove it ....... i can imagine many an idiot on tic forums informing the police en-mass and dont think it wont happen ... a very good friend of mine spent months going through court for you tube footage .. name dragged through the press etc... :thumbsup:

Exactly. What a moron.

There's evidence right there for L&B finest and their investigation.

Absolute clown

Waving union jacks too :vrface:

Shout it in front of a copper, get lifted, then have your day or so on court and get your brief to use this as your defence.

There is nothing to clarify. They define themselves as The Rebels, The Fenian Army. It is who they are, everyone knows it.

jack D and coke

I fail to see how anything could come of this tbh but I think it's a sad day that fans are now all encouraging grassing on each other like little bitches in the playground. Myself I don't get offended by anything they sing I always like the matches for their edgy atmosphere's and dislike for each other. This tit for tat nonsense is pathetic to me.

There was even a dude on here the other week who was considering giving out a name of a guy he worked beside to the press who got arrested with the hibs fans last week. Really snide behaviour.

john brownlee

yes it is pathetic and some on here take it to extremes, big girlies and their soft up bringing is to blame. IMO.

southside1874

I was thinking about this when I was reeking last nightlaugh.gif

In the cold light of day...................I still can't work out why being called a fenian is insulting them while they belt out their Irish rebel songsblink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_raids

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_Brotherhood

Anyway...........wrong thread for this. Must keep away from the pc when drunkturned.gif

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I was thinking about this when I was reeking last nightlaugh.gif

In the cold light of day...................I still can't work out why being called a fenian is insulting them while they belt out their Irish rebel songsblink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_raids

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_Brotherhood

Anyway...........wrong thread for this. Must keep away from the pc when drunkturned.gif

In the same way that someone can get arrested for for being a racist by calling Craig Bellamy a Welsh B*****d. Doesn't make sense but many would argue it works!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I fail to see how anything could come of this tbh but I think it's a sad day that fans are now all encouraging grassing on each other like little bitches in the playground. Myself I don't get offended by anything they sing I always like the matches for their edgy atmosphere's and dislike for each other. This tit for tat nonsense is pathetic to me.

There was even a dude on here the other week who was considering giving out a name of a guy he worked beside to the press who got arrested with the hibs fans last week. Really snide behaviour.

Perhaps you are right, it probably is quite snide to be fair.

The thing is though whether we all like it or not, the ball is now rolling on this and there is no way of stopping it now. Anyone who is stupid enough to shout, sing or chant certain things now is off their heid. Rangers and Hibs fans arrested on the back of new legislation, Celtic fans being investigated for their IRA songs at Tynie, parliamentary discussion and the whole Lennon saga? The spotlight is well and truly on our game and there is a chance for us to pull back from the edge and let everyone else topple over... Will we do that though? Will we buggery, we will instead get caught on film shouting ****** *******s at a crowd of people who will not make the words out or even be overly offended at them anyway and the buck will stop in its turn with us.

It's not as though we need to go out of our way for bad publicity is it? We have a que of journalists and columnists lining up to sully the name of the club... Shouting what that guy did in this current climate is so stupid that I really have no sympathy whatsoever for him.

The times are changing and there is nothing that you or anyone else can do about that... it reflects a change in society and population that is certainly not going to be stemmed and it just leaves us with the choice of getting on with it and moving with the times and getting used to these changes or getting hammered and falling foul of them.

Pretty much, they do like to remind people of the fact that they are Paddy McCourt's "Fenian Army" after all.

southside1874

In the same way that someone can get arrested for for being a racist by calling Craig Bellamy a Welsh B*****d. Doesn't make sense but many would argue it works!

I get your thinking but whenever I'm abroad I'm one of these guys that says I'm Scottish whenever asked. I sing the Hearts song and if football comes into the conversation, I'm a Jambo. Sometimes a Hearts fan if I think Jambo will be lost on them. I'm proud to be a Jambo and Scottish. People pigeon hole things, they like to put things into boxes.

I'm maybe verging on being bigoted here but a lot of Celtic fans I know belt out these "rebel" songs and love this Irish "cause". There was a band of folk in 1800 and whatever who had these same affiliations and started a fenian brotherhood. Why the hell do they find this offensive if they are called fenians???? Its almost like a Hearts fan being offended when called a Jambounsure.gif

I think I'm missing something here but English folk call us Scotch gits sweaty socks and a few other choice names and I'm sure they have their names for the Welsh. I accept that as banter.

Did Craig Bellamy play for celtic when he got offended by the remark per chance?

Barbarians and Philistines, Witches and Worlocks. I'm losing this.laugh.gif

If Celtic fans want to say that being called a fenian is bad and want the word associated with bad then they are selling their roots and songs down the river. Now it won't be the first time and I don't think it will be the last but I just don't get the Celtic mentality and whenever I try I get lost. Which reminds me that I swore I would never go down this road againlaugh.gif

They are certainly different from me and for that I'm gladthumbsup.gif

:rofl: at the wee girly Hearts fans desperate for other Hearts fans to get in trouble.

Do we know for sure if it was the bloke who uploaded the video shouting "fenian *******s" and not someone standing nearby?

Answer is no. Suggestion is shut yer whining noise.

The pleasing bi-product of Celtic fans getting rather agitated by a Hearts fan waving a Union Flag is that some other Hearts fans, who are obviously a lot more like Celtic fans than they'd care to admit, getting their pants in a knot.

It's a flag ffs.

this is all my mate who's a "mad" hibee :unsure: has been singing over the last few days!!

Archived