Neil McCann

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Punks No Deid

Excellent pundit to be fair :thumbsup:

he's fair and he's honest....practically unheard of in the Scottish media which normally only panders to.... shhh, u know who ...

he's fair and he's honest....practically unheard of in the Scottish media which normally only panders to.... shhh, u know who ...

Not according to that bastion of the intelligentsia AKA TGFITW!

Got a big future in Punditry IMO.

Thought JC also had potential on a smaller scale but seems to have disappeared from the punditry word.

Got a big future in Punditry IMO.

Thought JC also had potential on a smaller scale but seems to have disappeared from the punditry word.

Last time I saw JC on TV he looked like he'd eaten 'wee' Robbo.

vlad on the tyne

Wee fergus was great for us. Devastated when he signed for rangers but he signed a contract when he could have walked. Good pundit.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Wee fergus was great for us. Devastated when he signed for rangers but he signed a contract when he could have walked. Good pundit.

His nickname is Terry, why on earth would you want to name him after anyone connected to Celtic?!

I saw him pull into the car park at St Johnstone once. Gave him a wee wave and he waved back. Gentleman.

Jam Tarts 1874

Lives not much more than a mile away from Tynecastle these days.

The way some so called fans treated this legend during his second spell with us was nothing short of diabolical.

16th May 1996. Team bus pulled up to towards hermistion gait roundabout. The bankings and the Calder Road were thronged with supporters giving a welcome that has never, and I doubt ever again, will be seen to a returning victorious team. Wee Neil tells this story himself.

"I looked out of the window and saw the crowds, the noise, the celebration. **** This! I said - I might never see the likes again - and climbed out the skylight in to the top of the bus. I never did experience anything like it again"

Top bloke.

16th May 1996. Team bus pulled up to towards hermistion gait roundabout. The bankings and the Calder Road were thronged with supporters giving a welcome that has never, and I doubt ever again, will be seen to a returning victorious team. Wee Neil tells this story himself.

"I looked out of the window and saw the crowds, the noise, the celebration. **** This! I said - I might never see the likes again - and climbed out the skylight in to the top of the bus. I never did experience anything like it again"

Top bloke.

I suspect you meant 1998. . .

:whistling:

His nickname is Terry, why on earth would you want to name him after anyone connected to Celtic?!

I saw him pull into the car park at St Johnstone once. Gave him a wee wave and he waved back. Gentleman.

Eh ?

Terry McCann was Denis Watermans character in Minder, I think when he joined Hearts a couple of guys called him Fergus, but he's always been known as Terry

Eh ?

Terry McCann was Denis Watermans character in Minder, I think when he joined Hearts a couple of guys called him Fergus, but he's always been known as Terry

how does Terry equate with Celtic,what about Terry Butcher of Rangers,sorry to be pedantic ;):unsure:

wrong post..................lol

how does Terry equate with Celtic,what about Terry Butcher of Rangers,sorry to be pedantic ;):unsure:

The way some so called fans treated this legend during his second spell with us was nothing short of diabolical.

You mean when he was being paid a fortune and barely kicked a ball of us? Even when he did play he was hopeless.

Don't have much time for Neil McCann and would have even less if the story about the match (can't remember which) when Frail is true.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I think yourself and Mr jbee have gotten completely the wrong end of the stick here. You are agreeing with me. I originally quoted someone who referred to him as "Fergus", I was asking why you would want to associate Neil McCann with Celtic by naming him after their former chariman/owner/whatever he was.

To make it clear once more, "Fergus" is the name associated with Celtic, "Terry" (Mr McCann's proper nickname) is not. :thumbsup:

Jam Tarts 1874

You mean when he was being paid a fortune and barely kicked a ball of us? Even when he did play he was hopeless.

Don't have much time for Neil McCann and would have even less if the story about the match (can't remember which) when Frail is true.

So McCann's injury was not excusable? I also think you will find that on the one solitary occassion when McCann played in a more sensible central midfield role his class shone through.

I was lucky enough to see a couple of reserve games in which McCann was picking the team and coaching, I can assure you that McCann was brilliant at setting up the team and encouraging everyone on the park.

You want to have a word with yourself!

Oh FFS !! :angry:

When Terry left Hearts we went downhill; used to love watching him on song flying down the wing in front of the enclosure-shaggy on other hand is a ****.

:facepalm:

Rudolf's Mate

Top bloke.

Reading that made my hair stand on end.... Seriously!

I was at the top of McLeod St as the bus edged along Gorgie with Neil & Adam dancing like lunatics! Others were frantically trying to scramble out the skylight.

Quite like him as a pundit. Not scared of telling the Old Firm that they are heehaw.

Though recently he's seems to have caught Nickelarse-itis and has been making up his own words.

Neil was superb for us in his first spell and there's no doubt he still has a very big soft spot for the Jam Tarts.

A very good pundit as well - which makes a change for Sky's Scottish pundits.

I've seen him a few times at cinema at fountain park. I always acknowledge him and he does so back. Chatted to him a couple of times at Tynie and a gentleman. I think when he came back and played for Dundee the other season showed you the kind of guy he is.

I have driven him twice for Sky including Sundays match I can tell you he is a true Jambo. He has a big future with Sky if they keep covering Scottish football, but that is another question.

I dont know if you noticed on Sunday but he is back on crutches done his knee again, getting a bit old for playing.

So McCann's injury was not excusable? I also think you will find that on the one solitary occassion when McCann played in a more sensible central midfield role his class shone through.

I was lucky enough to see a couple of reserve games in which McCann was picking the team and coaching, I can assure you that McCann was brilliant at setting up the team and encouraging everyone on the park.

One good game the second time round yet Webster gets slated on here and McCann is a hero. I don't get it.

That was doing us no good when he was earning a good wage to play in the first team.

Don't get me wrong, I loved McCann the first time for us, but his second spell really spoiled it for me.

One good game the second time round yet Webster gets slated on here and McCann is a hero. I don't get it.

That was doing us no good when he was earning a good wage to play in the first team.

Don't get me wrong, I loved McCann the first time for us, but his second spell really spoiled it for me.

Wow, are you choosing to be ignorant?

McCann is not a wage thief, he just got a bad injury.

I am presuming you weren't aware that during McCann's injury spell, he helped out with the reserves and ended up managing them?

I am bored of this LOL DRIVER IS INJURED HE IS LIKE WEBSTER, LOL KYLE IS INJURED HE IS LIKE WEBSTER, LOL MCCANN GOT AN INJURY HE'S WEBSTER LIKES. dry.gif

Fermit the Krog

Yes that assault at Kilmarnock spoiled it for a lot of us.

:down:

Wow, are you choosing to be ignorant?

McCann is not a wage thief, he just got a bad injury.

I am presuming you weren't aware that during McCann's injury spell, he helped out with the reserves and ended up managing them?

I am bored of this LOL DRIVER IS INJURED HE IS LIKE WEBSTER, LOL KYLE IS INJURED HE IS LIKE WEBSTER, LOL MCCANN GOT AN INJURY HE'S WEBSTER LIKES. dry.gif

When did I say he was?

Managing the reserves is obviously a plus since he was being paid by the club, but I imagine this was more for himself since he was coming to the end of the career and was looking to coaching.

When did I say he was?

Managing the reserves is obviously a plus since he was being paid by the club, but I imagine this was more for himself since he was coming to the end of the career and was looking to coaching.

How dare he.

Should hand back his '98 medal, imo.

Chris Benoit

How dare he.

Should hand back his '98 medal, imo.

Quite right and after that he can work behind the bar at the Willie Bauld suite until he makes up the wages he robbed

Please tell me this is a joke post

Have you forgotten that horrible injury at (I think) killie?

quite simply the best performance i have seen from a hearts player in a cup final fact

Busby2Gibson

Some cracking opinions here. :verymad:

Terry was simply outstanding for us - don't know how many games he won for us but the 4-3 league cup final against Rangers which Craig Moore must still be having nightmares about, and as someone else said, the Falkirk semi en route to 98 stand out.

In that post 2006 season when we were not generally replacing the team like with like, he could have been a top replacement for Rudi, but surely even the most brain dead must have realised that that tackle in his first game second time round back was in effect a career ender. Battled back still had the skill, vision and showed it in the middle but not the pace to play the flying winger. Class act on and off the park.

To be fair, he was pretty chronic after his injury.

Master at turning circles and not actually going anywhere.

Son Of Anarchy

We will never really know just how good he could have been second time round due to the assault at Killie :down: Nelly was a superb player first time round.watching him hammering down the wings was a joy :thumbsup: He is now an honest pundit who says it like it is and I recon he will go far in punditry and wish him all the very best.Anyone who thinks he was a wage thief really needs to stay off the mushrooms as tripping makes you say/think daft things! :whistling:

Archived