The Auld Firm offend me..............

cumbernauldjambo83

cumbernauldjambo83

Another auld firm visit, and we have surprise, surprise more moralistic, self-righteous whinging rants and drafts of letters to the club, about......exactly the same "they where singing" boo-hoo bollocks!! :angry:

They and the other shower of poison from pond land, have been acting in this manner for the past 50 odd ******* years!!!

What makes you think they are going to change?? Naivety at it's bloody finest! It's production line fashion, generation after generation will continue to produce and raise little children in vile sectarian environments, who in turn grow into that very character later in life! FACT!

Brand me pessimistic, but Scotlands sectarian shame shall never change, in my lifetime, simply because the people involved do not want it!!

It's a mere matter of exceptance am afraid! Whatever it may be, IRA chants/Rebel songs or UVF/Loyalist pish, never bought into the aspect of why so many allow certain 'words' to effect them in such an angry manner?? Such a major contradiction, offended by groups of people we don't know or give a shit about their opinions/views etc! Comical!

The other flipside, by reacting, they ***** are winning, pure and simple! Why waste your mental and emotional energy hating the very thing you hate??

ENERGY FLOWS WHERE ATTENTION GOES...YOU WILL ALWAYS ATTRACT MORE OF WHAT YOU HATE!

Another auld firm visit, and we have surprise, surprise more moralistic, self-righteous whinging rants and drafts of letters to the club, about......exactly the same "they where singing" boo-hoo bollocks!! :angry:

They and the other shower of poison from pond land, have been acting in this manner for the past 50 odd ******* years!!!

What makes you think they are going to change?? Naivety at it's bloody finest! It's production line fashion, generation after generation will continue to produce and raise little children in vile sectarian environments, who in turn grow into that very character later in life! FACT!

Brand me pessimistic, but Scotlands sectarian shame shall never change, in my lifetime, simply because the people involved do not want it!!

It's a mere matter of exceptance am afraid! Whatever it may be, IRA chants/Rebel songs or UVF/Loyalist pish, never bought into the aspect of why so many allow certain 'words' to effect them in such an angry manner?? Such a major contradiction, offended by groups of people we don't know or give a shit about their opinions/views etc! Comical!

The other flipside, by reacting, they ***** are winning, pure and simple! Why waste your mental and emotional energy hating the very thing you hate??

ENERGY FLOWS WHERE ATTENTION GOES...YOU WILL ALWAYS ATTRACT MORE OF WHAT YOU HATE!

y

Correct me if I am wrong but your arguement implies that any group e.g. Neo Natzis should be allowed to spout/peddle racism and everyone should just ignore it, am I right or do you have specific offensive stuff that's not OK?

So it's 'moralistic, self-righteous, naive and whinging' to complain about the actions of 'vile, sectarian, poisonous, pond life'?

blink.gif

Maybe it's just me but I'm struggling to decide who I think you're really having a go at here. I'm not convinced that you're all that sure either...

So the solution is to do nothing & pretend its not happening?

Your entire premise is wrong anyway; we've largely driven racism out of football in this country. Why can't we do the same with sectarianism?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I sort of agree with the OP. You can either be offended by their sectarian nonsense, thereby letting them win, or you can laugh and pity anyone who takes that sort of thing seriously.

Cardiac Rucksack

Does Lothian & Borders even know Celtic were singing Sectarian songs

To be truthful, although the songs may be offensive in nature, I'm not sure they are sectarian or even illegal.

I sort of agree with the OP. You can either be offended by their sectarian nonsense, thereby letting them win, or you can laugh and pity anyone who takes that sort of thing seriously.

I despair sometimes!

I hate both of them i hate how when a 'wee team' beats them its classed as a slip up pundits have to be more fair and give credit where its due

quincy adams wagstaff

i just think people should be free say what they think,nobody is forced to listen or agree,it is supposed to be a free country is it not,is that not what our grandparents fought for,and what our servicemen and women still fight and die for today?

southside1874

I think the OP is trying to say is you become what you hate. The proof being that both sides of the uglies are as ugly as each other.thumbsup.gif

cumbernauldjambo83

Your entire premise is wrong anyway; we've largely driven racism out of football in this country. Why can't we do the same with sectarianism?

Well correct me if am wrong, but I certainly don't ever recall any significant 'positive' change to the solve the Catholic/Protestant problem, directly in general Scottish society, or specifically at football over the past 30 years! A few pointless schemes here in there, but that's simply a ploy to let all those fighting against Sectarianism/Bigotry, beLIEve they are doing something about the 'prooblem'.

Why?? The Old Firm = LOTS OF MONEY!! Just like every leading establisment(s) worldwide, it's all about the ???! Therefore, the Government, SFA and Old Firm fat cats have absolutely no intention of putting a total stop to something that would CLEARLY see an unthinkable fall in thousands of their so-called fans, more so in Rangers case I could see at least 50% of their weekly attendance! Celtic, not far behind!

SECTARIANISM OUTLAWED = NO FANS = NO MONEY = NO LEAGUE!

FACT!

cumbernauldjambo83

I think the OP is trying to say is you become what you hate. The proof being that both sides of the uglies are as ugly as each other.thumbsup.gif

Alas.....someone who has the ability utilize the right-side of the brain!! :thumbsup:

Take the blinkers aff the rest of you!

Had a similar discussion in the pub after the game, the thing is with the "green brigade and the Blue order " , they are not lead by idiots in fact the guys in charge of these groups are probably very clever and learned people, so they know exactly how far they take it with there propaganda and there messages of hate, they will always just lie on the cusp of the law, and anyone who questions them is then told in fact , that it is them who are the bigots, they will also have powerful allies in the media and in the chambers of Holyrood, so in fact I genuinely believe this nonsense will continue for years and years to come, because for so many in the West of Scotland it is truly a part of daily life.

Rudolf's Mate

Sometime after the second goal, they had obviously stopped singing and sections of us started making Ssssshhhhhh noises. Personally I think the whole ground should be doing this when they spout their bile. I think booing cam give of the impression on telly that it's towards something on the pitch rather than the stand!

Well correct me if am wrong, but I certainly don't ever recall any significant 'positive' change to the solve the Catholic/Protestant problem, directly in general Scottish society, or specifically at football over the past 30 years! A few pointless schemes here in there, but that's simply a ploy to let all those fighting against Sectarianism/Bigotry, beLIEve they are doing something about the 'prooblem'.

Why?? The Old Firm = LOTS OF MONEY!! Just like every leading establisment(s) worldwide, it's all about the ???! Therefore, the Government, SFA and Old Firm fat cats have absolutely no intention of putting a total stop to something that would CLEARLY see an unthinkable fall in thousands of their so-called fans, more so in Rangers case I could see at least 50% of their weekly attendance! Celtic, not far behind!

SECTARIANISM OUTLAWED = NO FANS = NO MONEY = NO LEAGUE!

FACT!

I was kind of along with you and then, your last equation blew it! Does not compute!

Rudolf's Mate

I was kind of along with you and then, your last equation blew it! Does not compute!

With you on this! If they want to watch their team then just because they can spout bile won't prevent them from coming.

If Arsenal & Spurs can unite to locate the fans who targeted Wenger & Ade for sickening chants then it's pretty poor we can't do it for sectarianism.

Rocky jamboa

Sectarianism has just been accepted at Celtic, rangers and with the sfa. The problem is too big for them to do anything about it. What do you do... Eject 60,000 fans? The old firm are so big they get away with anything. Can you ever see the sfa deducting them points or fining them for it? Neither can I.

The Scottish government seem keen to stamp it out but, like the OP,, I'll be surprised if we ever hear the end of their horrible songs.

It's not even true sectarianism - Colin and his fellow ministers don't see 1000s of Rangers and Celtic fans through their doors every Sunday. All it is, now, is a badge to bash the other lot with. Which is why we now see the flags of Palestine and Israel at old firm matches.

It's actually quite disgusting to see them hijack causes in which people die, just to further their own petty brand of tribalism but it won't change as long as the cretins from the West put belonging to a tribe over any sense of the individual (I've long argued that this value is what makes people in the East more enlightened, by and large).

So yes, I do find them offensive, ignorant, crass, base, disgusting in their actions and behaviours. But I ain't going to start a letter writing campaign or get the authorities to try Orwellian style thought policing. Infact, I really don't want to draw any attention to them - and would rather distance the rest of us - and Scotland - from these morons.

Alas.....someone who has the ability utilize the right-side of the brain!! :thumbsup:

Take the blinkers aff the rest of you!

quincy adams wagstaff

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi sits in his house,football fan go to jail,there is something seriously screwed up with this lands justice system

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi sits in his house,football fan go to jail,there is something seriously screwed up with this lands justice system

I'm sure that a jailed football fan with terminal cancer could plead for a pardon as well. :ninja:

Punks No Deid

Had a similar discussion in the pub after the game, the thing is with the "green brigade and the Blue order " , they are not lead by idiots in fact the guys in charge of these groups are probably very clever and learned people, so they know exactly how far they take it with there propaganda and there messages of hate, they will always just lie on the cusp of the law, and anyone who questions them is then told in fact , that it is them who are the bigots, they will also have powerful allies in the media and in the chambers of Holyrood, so in fact I genuinely believe this nonsense will continue for years and years to come, because for so many ESPECIALLY in the West of Scotland it is truly a part of daily life.

:thumbsup: although the ESPECIALLY has been added because it includes people east of Harthill as well though am afraid :angry:

Doctor FinnBarr

:thumbsup: although the ESPECIALLY has been added because it includes people east of Harthill as well though am afraid :angry:

Yip, Blackburns heavin with the erses. Considering that this was a hotbed of JTs until the 60s when the BMC (later British Leyland) opened and the weedge moved in.

In saying that, we came here from Coatbridge and my old man who was and still is a Motherwell fan allowed me and my brother to support who we wanted and another 2 entered the JT family!

:thumbsup:

Archived