Match Stats

Erik

When I got in from the game last night, i happened to notice the match stats on sky sports news. Have to say, I was a bit surprised by them.

I like to think that I tend not to watch games through maroon tinted spectacles, but I left the game yesterday genuinely feeling that Hearts were better is just about all departments.

The stats would suggest otherwise (other than the most important stat of all, the score, that is). I know that stats dont always paint a fair picture of a game - but was anyone else surprised by them?!

Shots On: Hearts 4, Celtic 7

Shots Off: Hearts 3 Celtic 6

Corners: Hearts 3 Celtic 12

Possession: Hearts 46% Celtic 54%

you missed out the only one that matters

Goals........ Hearts 2 Celtic 0

Nope, I didnt.

ToadKiller Dog

Was it not the St midden victory stats which said we had no shots on target but we had at least 3 .

They stats for the celtic game maybe be about right ,as for large parts we played the counter punch style game and played it well .

Did it show fouls comitted? as I reckon celtic had for more than us on that.

Celtic conceeded 16..... Hearts conceeded 17

When I got in from the game last night, i happened to notice the match stats on sky sports news. Have to say, I was a bit surprised by them.

I like to think that I tend not to watch games through maroon tinted spectacles, but I left the game yesterday genuinely feeling that Hearts were better is just about all departments.

The stats would suggest otherwise (other than the most important stat of all, the score, that is). I know that stats dont always paint a fair picture of a game - but was anyone else surprised by them?!

Looks about right to me. Celtic did have a number of efforts on goal in the first half and plenty of corners in both halves. We scored the goals so the stats don't bother me and they prove that Celtic's attacking players are shite.

Fozzyonthefence

Those stats don't surprise me in the slightest as Celtic dominated most of the much (other than maybe the first half of the first half), even with 10 men. However, Hearts were much better organised and much better defensively and that's why we won 2-0. In fact, Celtic looked shite defensively and really were there for a doing I felt, but will take 2-0 against the Victims any day.

Thinking back Celtic did seem more ready to speculatively shoot from distance so this isn't entirely surprising

Yes, thats what i was finking.

A shot 'on target' doesn't really mean much if its a weak and straight at the goalie .... :huh:

How many fouls did it say Celtic committed? I think their number 67 must have had about ten on his own but I bet their whole count was probably not as much as that.

Archived