Sportscene(Celtic)Oct2011

Hambone

How bitter and twisted is Billy Brown and how much of a roaster is Rob Maclean for dragging out the getting fired bit?!

They've used those Magic Microphones again - not a sniffer of our terrorist loving chums' wee ditties even though they were at it from 1247 ....

Wish Ryan had went to hit that 1st chance on the volley rather than going for the header, he had more time than he thought.

As for BB sure he will be looking for a new job come the end of the season - found his level at present.

Mulgrew's penalty shout against Stevenson is laughable. It almost makes me wish that when Stevenson was slotting away the second goal that Mulgrew had palmed it off the goalline and been sent off! :D

Buffalo Bill

did he get sacked twice?? thought they left us for bradford

In 2000, left by 'mutual consent', i.e. sacked.

Cut The Crap

did he get sacked twice?? thought they left us for bradford

Nope, they were sacked the first time as well. BB actually tried to put himself forward as manager after JJ left the first time, but CPR was having none of it.

Mulgrew's penalty shout against Stevenson is laughable. It almost makes me wish that when Stevenson was slotting away the second goal that Mulgrew had palmed it off the goalline and been sent off! :D

Aye, but listen to the grovelling commentary - "No GREAT intent" suggesting there was some intent, he had his back to the ball FFS!

Also thought they were making an awfully big deal about Stevo being offside for the second goal when the initial ball is played through. I thought there had to be daylight which there clearly wasn't.

Jam Tarts 1874

Also thought they were making an awfully big deal about Stevo being offside for the second goal when the initial ball is played through. I thought there had to be daylight which there clearly wasn't.

Yes, nothing in it really. Unlikely that the linesman could have called it considering how far the ball travelled from Grainger's "punt". It was good to see both the Dailry Record and the hibsman using this word "punt" to describe Grainger's raking 40 yard pass. The reports from both these publications were remarkably similar and of course the bitterness of both shone through.

i thought if he wasnt directly involved with play its not offside. ryan chased the ball but was always going to be temps that played it. he was not directly involved so not offside :thumbsup:

BoJack Horseman

Cheers once again Hambone. I caught the game but it's a godsend to get these clips when you're abroad.

i thought if he wasnt directly involved with play its not offside. ryan chased the ball but was always going to be temps that played it. he was not directly involved so not offside :thumbsup:

This is my understanding of the rule. You could maybe argue that because he was chasing the ball that he was involved in the play.

Cheers once again Hambone. I caught the game but it's a godsend to get these clips when you're abroad.

This is my understanding of the rule. You could maybe argue that because he was chasing the ball that he was involved in the play.

ive also seen games on tv where the linesman does not flag until the player actually touches the ball.....we should just count ourselves lucky the officials got it right this time :rolleyes:

Archived