Novikovas Today

maroonshrew

No, this isnt a negative thread. I got straight off my flight after 5 months in Greece, connection from Gatwick to Edinburgh, straight to game and It couldnt have been a better day to welcome back. Also sorry if its been mentioned.

Few of us in the main stand noticed Novi throw a wee huff when he didnt get the ball a couple times, he pretty much refused to carry his run into the box and when the final whistle went he stormed straight down the tunnel when the others celebrated and clapped the fans. Anyone shed any light on it cos our only guess was he was getting annoyed people were playing what he thought was the wrong ball, just seemed odd though.

I think he took the huff because Obua robbed him of a chance (which he skied) and then Obua decided to play a (decent) cross field ball to Hamill instead of the simple ball to Novi down the wing.

I never saw his reaction after FT, but I think he was just annoyed at Davie O.

No, this isnt a negative thread. I got straight off my flight after 5 months in Greece, connection from Gatwick to Edinburgh, straight to game and It couldnt have been a better day to welcome back. Also sorry if its been mentioned.

Few of us in the main stand noticed Novi throw a wee huff when he didnt get the ball a couple times, he pretty much refused to carry his run into the box and when the final whistle went he stormed straight down the tunnel when the others celebrated and clapped the fans. Anyone shed any light on it cos our only guess was he was getting annoyed people were playing what he thought was the wrong ball, just seemed odd though.

He took the hump a bit when Obua seemed to take the through ball which he then wasted trying to shoot from an angle John Holmes wouldn`t have!

Other than that, didn`t see anything to suggest he was well pi ssed off?

Didn't see it, heard about it though. As said, mainly regarding Obua and then shot off down the tunnel at the end.

Maybe he had to rush to get a lift back home on Vlad the Motivator's jet?

When he was getting instructions from Paulo Sergio prior to coming on it looked like he wasn't listening to anything that was being said. Was in his own little world.

On a side note it was good to see attacking subs being made rather than shoring up the defence for the last while.

Probably should have come on earlier, perhaps when Obua did. Noticed something similar with Templeton in the first-half when a poor ball was played to him when he would have been close to through. He gave the 'culprit' pelters. Petulant reactions are often part of poor team spirit and a lack of appreciation for fellow players.

It's worth watching top European teams and seeing how players react when a pass has been over or under hit and an opportunity lost. They regularly react with applause at the idea or a small thumbs up for the intention, not a mouthful of malice.

Great result though.

Probably should have come on earlier, perhaps when Obua did. Noticed something similar with Templeton in the first-half when a poor ball was played to him when he would have been close to through. He gave the 'culprit' pelters. Petulant reactions are often part of poor team spirit and a lack of appreciation for fellow players.

It's worth watching top European teams and seeing how players react when a pass has been over or under hit and an opportunity lost. They regularly react with applause at the idea or a small thumbs up for the intention, not a mouthful of malice.

Great result though.

That'll be the poor team spirit we saw today!

Great result though.

Temps had every right to demand a better service the next time. I also saw Stevenson applaud an unlucky ball through from someone(can`t remember who, just remember passgae of play) whch over ran a little.

There is a time to give a bit flak, normally for sloppyness, and a time to say "unlucky" for a good effort which just went wrong.

Its not a european thing ffs.

I'm going to thrown my half eaten tea out the window in the hope I hit him with it.

Hope its a half eaten pizza wi a hard crust :ermm:

Maybe he had to rush to get a lift back home on Vlad the Motivator's jet?

When he was getting instructions from Paulo Sergio prior to coming on it looked like he wasn't listening to anything that was being said. Was in his own little world.

On a side note it was good to see attacking subs being made rather than shoring up the defence for the last while.

Attacking yes, but I think it was more a case of replacing all those who had a yellow card.

I think he took the huff because Obua robbed him of a chance (which he skied) and then Obua decided to play a (decent) cross field ball to Hamill instead of the simple ball to Novi down the wing.

I never saw his reaction after FT, but I think he was just annoyed at Davie O.

yea thought it might be. In fairness he was in a better position. Big fan of Novi, hopefully he will get some decent gametime.

Francis Albert

Load of crap. Disappointed to get a few passes he thought he should have had, Would have been disappointing if he wasn't..

scott herbertson

yea thought it might be. In fairness he was in a better position. Big fan of Novi, hopefully he will get some decent gametime.

Sure that was it. If Obua had let it run and got in the middle Novi would have had the option to shoot or cut it back - he can do either better than Obuaa so not surprised if he was miffed.

Don't know what was going on with him today!

Took the huff more than once on the pitch, seemed to be because he had made a good run/space for a pass which was not forthcoming. Very petulant and I was not impressed!

However, that's the only time I recall him behaving like that in his time here, so hopefully just a blip!

Load of crap. Disappointed to get a few passes he thought he should have had, Would have been disappointing if he wasn't..

Can accept him being disappointed, however, he should have continued with his run, or made a run elsewhere, particularly on one occasion he should have burst a lung to get in the box, but he didn't, he stopped, turned his back on the play and threw his hands in the air!

As I said, not like him and hopefully just a blip, but it did happen!

Great result though.

:lol:

So Kevin Prince Boateng didn't give Clarence Seedorf absolute pelters when he played a shite ball into him in the Juventus vs Milan game earlier tonight

It is petulance but also a confidence in his own abilities and frustration where he wasn't allowed the opportunity to show it

It's not great but imo it's not a terrible thing and a million miles away from having poor team spirit

agree with most of the above. Really like the lad, but had a face like a skelped arse when leaving the pitch, hopefully someone in the changing room gave him a cuddle and reminded him about playing in Lithuania.:whistling:

on a side note Smith again looked to slot in comfortably albeit against a shell shocked victim defence.

Gregory House M.D.

Supposedly he looked utterly bemused coming on.

Thunderstruck

Two weeks ago there was mucho chat about a couple of late subs being kept on the pitch for some form of warm up/down. Wee Novi didn't fancy that so bee-line for the showers.

I noticed his huffy attitude today and it stank.

I hope Paulo sits him down infront of the video and kicks his butt.

He was part of a winning team and his share of the win bonus will still arrive.

Learn the lesson and grow up chump because if you had carried on chasing in the move you were so unhappy about you had every chance of scoring.

Instead you threw a strump and turned your back on play.

Inexcusable and unforgiveable.

And i say all this as a fan of yours who thinks you have talent and a great chance to succeed......................................................if you get your head sorted and work hard.

He was right to be annoyed with Obua, as was Rudi with Templeton.

I didn't see him storm off at the end so can't really comment on that but maybe he was hitchin a lift with Vlad to see his folks and had to get a move on?

I noticed his huffy attitude today and it stank.

I hope Paulo sits him down infront of the video and kicks his butt.

He was part of a winning team and his share of the win bonus will still arrive.

Learn the lesson and grow up chump because if you had carried on chasing in the move you were so unhappy about

you had every chance of scoring.

Instead you threw a strump and turned your back on play.

Inexcusable and unforgiveable.

And i say all this as a fan of yours who thinks you have talent and a great chance to succeed......................................................if you get your

head sorted and work hard.

Take heed or end up like the Celtic Superstars Simon Lynch & Brian McLaughlin or our very own Paul McMullen, Robert Sloan, Joe Hamill & Neil Janzyk.

Lots of talent & ability but poor attitude.

Take heed or end up like the Celtic Superstars Simon Lynch & Brian McLaughlin or our very own Paul McMullen, Robert Sloan, Joe Hamill & Neil Janzyk.

Lots of talent & ability but poor attitude.

Or Stephen Simmons or Clum..............

alwaysthereinspirit

Maybe he was still upset at having to watch a guy get on before him who couldn't control a wet bag of cement in a phone box.

In saying that, the same guy did have a nice cross field pass. Oh and he won a couple of headers.

Drylaw Hearts

I didn't see him storm off at the end so can't really comment on that but maybe he was hitchin a lift with Vlad to see his folks and had to get a move on?

He was right to be annoyed but he was wrong to simply stop running when we had the ball in a good position on the other wing.

He should get his arse booted for his petulant behaviour.

He was right to be annoyed with Obua, as was Rudi ( with other players) on a couple of occassions and many others who never got the pass they hoped for.

However, he was the only one that seemed to decide that to stop playing when the move was still alive was an appropriate response.

I find myself agreeing with " Drylaw " shock.

He was right to be annoyed but he was wrong to simply stop running when we had the ball in a good position on the other wing.

He should get his arse booted for his petulant behaviour.

A sound thrashing should suffice dear boy, a sound thrashing I say.

Maybe he was still upset at having to watch a guy get on before him who couldn't control a wet bag of cement in a phone box.

In saying that, the same guy did have a nice cross field pass. Oh and he won a couple of headers.

I remember trying to control a wet bag of cement in a phone box, and it was a fr1k1n nightmare.

Tried to trap it, and it trapped me!

The Old Tolbooth

A sound thrashing should suffice dear boy, a sound thrashing I say.

Don't judge everyone by your own standards and the things that turn you on old chap! :whistling:

:D

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Somebody mentioned it was novikovas in the box today when obua skied his effort?? (if thats what it was)... I thought it was wee goggsy?

Malcolm Tucker

The same Novikovas who was chasing everything down in the last few minutes, hassling their midfield and not giving them any time or space?

Doesn't really say to me that he stopped playing tbh. He had every right to be annoyed at Davie, though, but he should cut out the petulance.

Archived