The wally with the brolley

The Merse

Already? Seems a bit rash.

Somehow never been able to recreate the wonderful success he created at Middlesborough.

shaun.lawson

Already? Seems a bit rash.

Somehow never been able to recreate the wonderful success he created at Middlesborough.

That's probably because he didn't create it. Steve Gibson did.

Did well in Holland, mind...

Special Agent Dale Cooper

By all accounts a fantastic coach; but doesn't seem to be savvy enough to be a top manager imo. P.R. disaster wherever he goes!

That's probably because he didn't create it. Steve Gibson did.

Did well in Holland, mind...

Steve Gibson never picked the side on a Saturday though.

McLaren is a strange one, really thought he would go on to prove a few folk wrong after his success in Holland. I wonder if he regrets not staying put for another season.

shaun.lawson

Steve Gibson never picked the side on a Saturday though.

McLaren is a strange one, really thought he would go on to prove a few folk wrong after his success in Holland. I wonder if he regrets not staying put for another season.

Life, G-A, is all about making the right decisions at the right time. Get 'em wrong, and look how quickly it all goes the shape of a pear. :mellow:

Life, G-A, is all about making the right decisions at the right time. Get 'em wrong, and look how quickly it all goes the shape of a pear. :mellow:

He will get another job but it will be interesting to see....

If his next job is in England, what league will it be in?

Will he go abroad again?

Suppose he felt that his stock was as high as it could get from being in Holland.

shaun.lawson

He will get another job but it will be interesting to see....

If his next job is in England, what league will it be in?

Will he go abroad again?

Suppose he felt that his stock was as high as it could get from being in Holland.

I'm honestly not that sure he will. Reckon Five Live might be his next destination, and for good. What Champ club's gonna gamble on him now?

His career looks goosed to me - which is a ludicrous waste given he could've been managing in the CL group stages only last season.

shaun.lawson

Could Owen Coyle follow the same sort of path?

It's possible. There have been quite a few managers over the years for whom just one result destroyed them completely. Bolton entered the FA Cup semi-final upwardly mobile, confident, and doing great under one of the game's brightest young managers. They finished it humiliated, and have never recovered. It's weird really.

To be fair, as bad as they've been this season, out of the 7 matches they've played so far, they've played:

Man U

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Although, they did have a shocking end to last season too, they have a wee run of "winnable" games coming up, if they don't pick up some points then he will be out the door.

I'm honestly not that sure he will. Reckon Five Live might be his next destination, and for good. What Champ club's gonna gamble on him now?

His career looks goosed to me - which is a ludicrous waste given he could've been managing in the CL group stages only last season.

He has been on the panel a few times for Sky on CL games. Have to say, I always enjoy listening to him - its clear that he is very knowledgeable on the game, passionate as well. Its easy to see the guy doing the daft Dutch accent or standing in the pissing rain with a brolly, but there is more to him than that. What he achieved in Holland was quite remarkable. A few months out the game, back in at the New Year I would think.

Was reading this morning that Bolton lost the last 5 games at the end of last season, couple that with the start this year and its very much difficult times. Another manager who only 12 months ago was being touted as the next Spurs manager when 'Arry gets the International job.

shaun.lawson

To be fair, as bad as they've been this season, out of the 7 matches they've played so far, they've played:

Man U

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Although, they did have a shocking end to last season too, they have a wee run of "winnable" games coming up, if they don't pick up some points then he will be out the door.

They do - but can you see them getting anything at Wigan? Or at Swansea, even? I can't TBH. And having just checked, in Bolton's last 14 games in league and FA Cup, they've conceded more than two goals on eight occasions. That's horrific.

They do - but can you see them getting anything at Wigan? Or at Swansea, even? I can't TBH. And having just checked, in Bolton's last 14 games in league and FA Cup, they've conceded more than two goals on eight occasions. That's horrific.

I think they are screwed tbh. I even had Norwich to beat them at the Reebok on my coupon the other week.

Davies is starting to look over the hill, Elmander gone, a severe lack of quality in central midfield and a defence that has leaked 21 goals in 7 games suggests to me there is only one place they are heading...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Man U

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Took some real hammerings though and with the promoted teams looking likely to compete, the pressure is massive.

Amazing to think he was the best prospect in English fitbaw a year ago and now we are discussing this. Football is mental!

A nail in his Bolton coffin was sighing Reo Coker.

He is ******* gash.

He is chronic.

The absolute bag of shite that is Paul Robinson starting every week doesn't help matters either.

He is chronic.

The absolute bag of shite that is Paul Robinson starting every week doesn't help matters either.

Always think he looks a complete pyscho.

Always think he looks a complete pyscho.

Aye, he's an absolute radge.

Piss poor at football too.

Archived