Eggert Jonsson

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Great game today. Not an excuse to have a pop at any player, they all did well today, but I'd say he's earned a start ahead of Mrowiec when we revert to two at DM.

Yep.

Credit to the lad, he was good the last time he played CM a couple of weeks ago too.

I've given him a hard time in the past but if he can put performances like that in then he merits more starts in his favoured position.

Tommy Wiseau

Jonsson was key man in that midfield, but Mrowiec was great as well tbh. OK, he misplaced a couple of passes, but overall did really well - and played through the pain barrier after nearly getting his leg snapped in half. Can't help but like the guy for his commitment to this club.

I would agree, though, that Jonsson should be first name on that team sheet in central midfield in 2 weeks time.

Northernsoulboy01

I thought Eggy was hesitant and like a rabbit caught in the headlights for the first half hour.

Maybe a lack of match sharpness.

After that,superb.

Tommy Wiseau

I thought Eggy was hesitant and like a rabbit caught in the headlights for the first half hour.

After that,superb.

I would say he was hesitant for the first 10/15 minutes, rather than half an hour. He grew into the game and got better and better as it went on.

I could be wrong but he hasn't signed a new deal yet has he?

One of the few that deserves one,.

I would say he was hesitant for the first 10/15 minutes, rather than half an hour. He grew into the game and got better and better as it went on.

agree with this.

he seemed to cut out or intercept many balls when they ventured into our half

Bert Le Clos

must Must MUST now get a decent run at DM this season.

Been saying for the last couple of years he's suffered big time after being asked to play different positions every week.

thought eggy was brilliant today seemed to make a lot of good interceptions and broke up the play well

Great game today. Not an excuse to have a pop at any player, they all did well today, but I'd say he's earned a start ahead of Mrowiec when we revert to two at DM.

Today showed that we shouldn't revert back to the old system that wasn't working for us.

Today also proved that PS does have a Plan B, and after this performance I hope Plan B now becomes Plan A.

On Eggert, he completely dominated the midfield and I thought he was the best player on the park by some distance, even accounting for the excellent performances by the likes of Stevo, Temps, Rudi.

rossthejambo

Thought Eggert was great today, although I think Mrowiec had possibly his best game for Hearts today. Think if anything it should be Black dropping to the bench tbh but I agree, Eggert deserves to start matches after that performance.

Thought Eggert was great today, although I think Mrowiec had possibly his best game for Hearts today. Think if anything it should be Black dropping to the bench tbh but I agree, Eggert deserves to start matches after that performance.

Think the win has clouded your judgement there. He wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination, and his best game was undoubtedly as sweeper in the home loss to Rangers last season when he was absolutely immense.

rossthejambo

Think the win has clouded your judgement there. He wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination, and his best game was undoubtedly as sweeper in the home loss to Rangers last season when he was absolutely immense.

Utter nonsense.

Mroweic, Black and Jonsson were all immense today. Particularly pleasing to see them all play for each other and do the job that is necessary. The whole holding and defensive midfield nonsense gets on ma tits. A midfielder is a midfielder, they should all be able to defend and attack.

Liked the system we played today, as I think we had the right players to play it. Mehdi and Obua wander in and out of games too much, and we need players who are tuned in for 90 minutes. The top 3 played well too, long may it continue.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was very good today. Composed on the ball and put the tackles in when it mattered.

Utter nonsense.

We will agree to disagree. I saw lots of misplaced passes, an anonymous first 45 mins, few tackles. But in fairness he was much better 2nd half, was played further forward than he normally does, and considering the challenges he had to take, was still battling right to the end. Still don't think he had a good game, but will watch it again later and see if I change my mind.

And your point about it being his best ever match for Hearts is "utter nonsense" too;-)

After that,superb.

Sorry, but that is utter Tosh.

Watched the game again and he was excellent for the first 25 minutes and then got caught in possession. Faded a bit but came back after we scored.

Sorry, but that is utter Tosh.

Watched the game again and he was excellent for the first 25 minutes and then got caught in possession. Faded a bit but came back after we scored.

Agreed.

He was great from the start, and was caught in possession once. Why play 2 DM's when we have a player who can do a better job on his own?!

I thought having Eggy and Adrian in midfield allowed Blackie, Rudi and Temps freedom to move forward knowinhg that there was cover behind. They both worked really hard and got the tackles in. I even think Adrian was seen in the Celtic box (albeit witha nosebleed). if we wont flair up front we need cover and both did a great job today.

Like White Hart Lane, dominated the midfield today.

Absolutely. Surely earned himself a regular start after today's performance.

:thumbsup: This. Although Black also had his best game in a while. I'd still like to see Robinson in ahead of Black though.

Mroweic, Black and Jonsson were all immense today. Particularly pleasing to see them all play for each other and do the job that is necessary. The whole holding and defensive midfield nonsense gets on ma tits. A midfielder is a midfielder, they should all be able to defend and attack.

Liked the system we played today, as I think we had the right players to play it. Mehdi and Obua wander in and out of games too much, and we need players who are tuned in for 90 minutes. The top 3 played well too, long may it continue.

I really liked the system today as well. Having three workers in midfield and Stevo up to allows us the "luxury" of Temps and Rudi. I'd still like to see the wingers playing on the orthodox wings.

The People's Chimp

Fantastic hair, some great tackles and an excellent, tidy, MOTM performance with a few great tackles.

Snake Plissken

Jonsson, Mrowiec and Black were all terrific today.

I'd be tempted to stick with them for the next couple of weeks, especially with a game against Rangers coming up soon.

:thumbsup: This. Although Black also had his best game in a while. I'd still like to see Robinson in ahead of Black though.

Not a day to slag players off, but i fail to see what black brings to the team? His tackling is piss, and gives away shitty wee fouls when there is no need! Adrian atleast goes for the ball and moves into space to get the ball! Did he not say that after the rangers game he could not sleep all night because of losing a last mint goal?

Eggy was class all day long today!

Not a day to slag players off, but i fail to see what black brings to the team? His tackling is piss, and gives away shitty wee fouls when there is no need! Adrian atleast goes for the ball and moves into space to get the ball! Did he not say that after the rangers game he could not sleep all night because of losing a last mint goal?

Eggy was class all day long today!

What Black does well is get the ball under control quickly and find a man. He did that well today. There were many times in the middle when Black helped us out of sticky situations. Even his booking was maybe "a good booking" today given that the Celtic player would have been one on one with Webster had he kept going. The big games seem to bring the best out of Black. He was good against Hibs and good again today.

I guess I would agree with a previous poster who said we should see how this new line up and shape does over the next few weeks. However, if someone is going to drop out of the line up, I would hope it is Black for Robinson.

And I think he also deserves credit for taking Templeton to the hairdressers - he was getting too old for that spikey ned look.

Egbert IMO is a fantastic midfielder and a great tackler. He would be one of my first choices each week.

Superb. The difference to our team with Jonsson in the middle is huge.

Spent the whole game passing to Hearts players. ;)

There was a couple of moments where he hesitated on the ball close to our goal and got dispossessed. However, other than that he played well.

Eggert, the best dressed scottish football player, jonsson was very good yesterday and for me has never let the club down!! He rocks a pair of aviators better than tom cruise does in top gun! His hair is slicked back better than john travolta in grease..........TOP LAD!! We all know football is about how good your gear is so for that eggert is a shoe in for player of the year!! Its so refreshing to see a hearts player step up in terms of style, many times I've seen hearts players rocking the terrible football combo of grey nike trackies and a all saints tee!! It takes a brave man to do what he does so keep it up eggy, oh and I suppose he's no bad at the actual football stuff too haha!!

SectionDJambo

Eggert is a natural defensive midfielder, who has been mucked about playing in all sorts of positions over his career with Hearts. I thought he played very well at WHL, and expected him to continue in the team. He was excellent yesterday.

I think Paulo Sergio hit on our best midfield for a match against Celtic. All of our midfield players contributed greatly to our victory. I would say that we have a manager who will pick his players for the particular opposition and venue, so until he gets 100% familiar with the teams in the SPL, he will not always get it right. But he most certainly did yesterday.

The mix of the pick he made gave Eggert and the others a chance to work superbly together as a unit. How many clear cut chances did Celtic get? I, for one, was waiting on the surge coming from them once we scored. Our midfield never really gave them the chance, apart from a wee spell where we sat a bit too deep.

Archived