The Heart of Midlothian Support

Boab Mugabe

Yes on several occasions I could hear the celtic fans gloryfing terriosm

The fhilth got well and truly bammed up today. A job well done. :)

Footballfirst

Two things of note today that said GIRUY

Singing "It's a conspiracy" after Commons was sent off and doing the "Poznan" after the 2nd goal went in :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

The fans were great today.

Apart from the pavement dancer who was thrown out before the match even started.

:stare:

Nicholas Brody

Two things of note today that said GIRUY

Singing "It's a conspiracy" after Commons was sent off and doing the "Poznan" after the 2nd goal went in :thumbsup:

+ 'Lennon, geez a wave'

:verysmug:

Shite up until we scored tbf. Let's not sugar coat it.

To be fair, I reckon this thread's more about the behaviour of the Hearts support today, rather than the atmosphere created.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

To be fair, I reckon this thread's more about the behaviour of the Hearts support today, rather than the atmosphere created.

Then aye, absolutely.

The "We are all John Wilson" banner was lovely.

In fairness now I've had a bit of time to take in the result, in terms of noise it wasn't great up until we scored. After that we took over and the fhilth in the Roseburn were hushed. :)

Stewart MacD

Yes on several occasions I could hear the celtic fans gloryfing terriosm

Ewan Murray in the Grauniad mentions this.

the John Wilson masks were braw :thumbsup:

Can't believe how clever and inventive some people can be. John Wilson banners and masks is just inspired.

On TV though is sounded terrible. Never heard any Hearts fans at all really up until the goal and then just a few songs. Although Celtic sing bile, you heard them loud and clear (unfortunately) from the start up until they scored. I've been to games where we've had a great support and then watched it on TV and it just doesn't get picked up, shame.

3rd gen jambo

On TV though is sounded terrible. Never heard any Hearts fans at all really up until the goal and then just a few songs. Although Celtic sing bile, you heard them loud and clear (unfortunately) from the start up until they scored. I've been to games where we've had a great support and then watched it on TV and it just doesn't get picked up, shame.

It's all to do with microphone placement - how many microphones do you see in front of the Hearts support - always behind the goals

Templeton'sUnderpants

In terms of the overall atmosphere I thought it was poor right up until the second goal, even after the first we weren't all that vocal.

In terms of giving a good account of ourselves I agree fully, I only even heard hello hello sang once and it mostly died down after the first 2 lines.

Disappointing to have so many empty seats.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Then aye, absolutely.

Anyone get any pics of said banner?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Then aye, absolutely.

Anyone get any pics of said banner?

Ewan Murray in the Grauniad mentions this.

It's good to have this guy fighting our corner in a paper that is actually read outside central belt Scotland :thumbsup:

In terms of the overall atmosphere I thought it was poor right up until the second goal, even after the first we weren't all that vocal.

In terms of giving a good account of ourselves I agree fully, I only even heard hello hello sang once and it mostly died down after the first 2 lines.

Disappointing to have so many empty seats.

Noticed the empty seats during the game, especially in the Gorgie Stand - thought maybe some parents decided not to take their kids along for this one?

Rudolf's Mate

Noticed the empty seats during the game, especially in the Gorgie Stand - thought maybe some parents decided not to take their kids along for this one?

I flew up for the game and upgraded my mates kids ticket in Gorgie stand as he didn't want to take him.

Ok I had a hangover from hell but it was a bit edgy and subdued until we got the goal. Needless to say that changed everything and the banter, songs etc afterwards had me pishingyself with laughter.

The Poznan from the Gorgie looked amazing! Was it shown on telly?

I had a ?10 on 2-1 returning ?170 and was a wee bit disappointed not to get a return but even more disappointed I didn't have 2-0!

Archived