Wedding first dance songs

Jamboelite

If there are funeral song threads getting posted then why not a first dance at a wedding one !!!

So I get married in Feb and the soon to be wife, due to her poor musical knowledge, has given me the freedom to pick the tune for our first dance and I thought where better to get some ideas than the JKB music fan base.

I have a totally wide range of taste stretching from the 60's to now but im interested in what your first dance song was, would you looking back on it have changed it ?? and for those not married what would yours be?.

Im expecting someone to post smack my b!tch up thumbsup.gif but im actually interested in getting a few ideas that I might not have thought of.

JE.

A Boy Named Crow

End of The World As We Know It - REM

I Used To Love Her - GnR

Married With Children - Oasis

Suspicious Minds - Elvis

Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

scottish_chicP

I love Unbreakable by Westlife. My cousin got married in August and they had Train Marry Me which was amazing.

Mrs Robbo chose Endless Love by Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie. :( Under the thumb from day one. :mellow:

I got married in 1986 and had 3 times a lady as our first dance song. Still married. If I was doing it now I'd probably go for Thunders "I love you more than rock n roll". It's groovy.

I got married in 1986 and had 3 times a lady as our first dance song. Still married. If I was doing it now I'd probably go for Thunders "I love you more than rock n roll". It's groovy.

Silver wedding this year then mate. :( Mines was last year. Time flies when youre enjoying yourself eh ! ;)

blondejamtart

Ours was Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore...don't remember actually choosing it as such, think it was just the song the band decided to play for our first dance, 27 years ago!

If the bird and I get married, it's gonna be this. On the theme of Peter Gabriel, 'In Your Eyes' would be good, but I'd push for 'Sledgehammer'.

I play in a wedding band and the most popular is the Lonestar song. The Ronan Keating song is popular too. Others include Van Morrison - Have I Told You Lately, Shania Twain - Still The One, Paul Weller - You Do Something To Me. We've also had to do Proclaimers - Let's Get Married which was actually a good laugh. We still wait for the day when some wants W.A.S.P's Animal (**** Like A Beast)...

Got married in 2005 and first dance was As by Stevie Wonder.

We are separated now, but still friends. She had & still does have shocking taste in music, bit credit where it's due for choosing this! :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

We went with something different and did "Let It Be Me" by Ray Lamontagne, I'm on my phone so can't post the vid but I really liked it.

My only trouble with this song is wasnt it about sleeping with your mates wife i.e Clapton with George Harrison's misses or had she left Harrison at that point?

I know it was written while he waited for her to get read to goto a party.

My only trouble with this song is wasnt it about sleeping with your mates wife i.e Clapton with George Harrison's misses or had she left Harrison at that point?

I know it was written while he waited for her to get read to goto a party.

Still a super first dance song.

I play in a wedding band and the most popular is the Lonestar song. The Ronan Keating song is popular too. Others include Van Morrison - Have I Told You Lately, Shania Twain - Still The One, Paul Weller - You Do Something To Me. We've also had to do Proclaimers - Let's Get Married which was actually a good laugh. We still wait for the day when some wants W.A.S.P's Animal (**** Like A Beast)...

Tune. That or Love Machine :laugh:

L-O.....V-E!!!

how are mines only showing as links and not the videos?

http://youtu.be/fjDojEOiMcE

http://youtu.be/QzFuL_RteXc

Thanks mate if you ever want to add a video from you tube when you have a new reply window there is a button which looks like 3TV's on the same line as the emoticons you click on that and insert the URL and your done just incase you wanted to know/

JE

Harry Palmer

My brother is determined to have Someshite on Leith even persuaded his future Mrs to go along with it or wind me up...

I've already made my feelings known.

Al Greens Lets stay together which was picked by Mrs JayJay. I got to chose 2nd and i chose gabrielle's Dont need the sun to shine!!!

Toxteth O'Grady

Ours was Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore...don't remember actually choosing it as such, think it was just the song the band decided to play for our first dance, 27 years ago!

Guitar classic.

Honestly cannae mind what what mine was :mellow:

Yeah I was going to say isnt this about a split not perhaps the most apt for a wedding laugh.gif

21 years this January coming though.

She used to send me wee notes and Valentines cards with wee sayings in them and I'm not very good with stuff like that so I put some of the lyrics of this on the card one year. She thought I was wonderful, until Rod Feckin Stewart done a cover and I was rumbled. I think I actually saw it being done on a tv show with the same result. Imagine having the neck to think you could do a better job than Van.

J Cheever Loophole

Take these chains from my heart and set me free!

Seriously,ours was Almaz by Randy Crawford.ohmy.gif

Archived