Tonights Football

...a bit disco

They're louder. Fact.

The one variable being they aren't getting beat 5-0.

Were they just singing can you hear the Jambo's sing? :vrface:

Could you please give us the figures and analysis method used to arrive at the fact they are louder than Hearts? Or are you just being a WUM as usual?

Gregory House M.D.

Could you please give us the figures and analysis method used to arrive at the fact they are louder than Hearts? Or are you just being a WUM as usual?

It's easy really. I compared crowd noise to crowd noise and arrived at they're louder than us.

P.s still haven't seen any Mics at tge SR fans. Mind you, i've not seen any.

It's easy really. I compared crowd noise to crowd noise and arrived at they're louder than us.

In that case it isn't fact, it's opinion.

I'd be happy if you could provide something more accurate like loaded DbA figures recorded by a calibrated sound meter.

I'm betting he doesn't have a degree or work in tbe field of science or engineering with logic like that...

There is a noise.......and it ain't coming from the telly!

Gregory House M.D.

Apologies, there is a mic in their crowd. Just heard some Irish geezer say "Go on son" right in it.

HGW one man shouts in your ear at 100db, another man- a mile away shout at 150db

- which man is louder?

Of course HGW will be considering the fact that Db is a logarithmic scale of measurement.

InNothingWeTrust

I don't know why, but while at White Hart Lane last month, I happened to look up and notice small microphones dangling from long wires from the roof of the stadium. I imagine a lot of big stadiums will have the same for ease of use.

Of course HGW will be considering the fact that Db is a logarithmic scale of measurement.

I'm thinking they should scrap the measure in favour of the HGWnoiseometer...

An airplane at take off measure 100HGW's whilst the term shamrock rovers - will simply represent 1000HGW's or more simply be recognised the new term for infinitely loud White noise covering the entire audible spectrum

You're so alternative and controversial............................... Is that what you wanted to hear?

I think he just wants a bit of attention. :rolleyes:

Say What Again

I'm thinking they should scrap the measure in favour of the HGWnoiseometer...

An airplane at take off measure 100HGW's whilst the term shamrock rovers - will simply represent 1000HGW's or more simply be recognised the new term for infinitely loud White noise covering the entire audible spectrum

:lol: :lol:

Fozzyonthefence

Anyone else find it refreshing to see real Irish fans enjoying themselves and singing football songs? Any chance the plastic ones will do the same on Sunday? :whistling:

Well this thread was messed up good and proper.

Scores, what was good/bad, controversy, commentary, anything about the games that were played tonight?

MODS! I'm on my phone and can't edit that last post.

Be a lamb and sort it please.

I promise it wasn't intentional.

:ninja:

That I got in from playing tonight and thought i'd get the scores...

Instead I get a bunch of folk biting on hgw's childish jibe at hearts fans...

That I got in from playing tonight and thought i'd get the scores...

Instead I get a bunch of folk biting on hgw's childish jibe at hearts fans...

Still funny. :rofl:

Anyways from what I saw, Spurs and Shamrock both played very well in the first half, Spurs didn't take a win for granted and Rovers didn't sit back. Spurs hit the post with a neat lob and (I think) were denied a soft penalty. Shamrocks fans were terrific, though several of their songs were too similar to ours.

Second half and a deflected shot bounces in for 1-0 Shamrock, whose fans go wild. Shamrocks keeper (who had a pretty dire 2nd half after a terrific 1st) scuffs a clearance and Spurs miss a nervy chance. The equaliser came when a cross finds an unmarked Pavyluchenko to bullet home, keeper had no chance. 2-1 Spurs came just seconds later, similar as 1-1, cross and header, though I think the keeper maybe could have got a hand to it. A great move by Spurs ends in a through ball to the corner of the 6 yeard box and a punt over the keeper. Shamrock were denied a penalty in the final seconds.

Also, still funny. :rofl:

Message for Neil Lennon and Celtic

Angry at soft late penalty?

How d'you like them onions!

Get used to it, at least until you manage to get Scottish refs officiating at your Euro games!!!

What was the stoke score?

Good question mate. Luckily, I stumbled upon this incredible website the other day. Never heard of it before, and it's obviously not very popular; excellent source of info though.

Give it a go, you might like it.

www.google.com

I watched the stoke game last night and that Quaresma is still a cracking player, If his deflected shot went in at 1-1 I think they would hve went on to win it.

Archived