U17s v Celtic

Footballfirst

I decided to avoid watching the 1st team today by taking in the U17s match against Celtic at Riccarton this afternoon. The youngsters put in a fine performance to beat Celtic 4-2. Hearts were 4-1 up at half time with goals from Elliot Ford, Sam Nicholson, Gary Oliver and Zack Williams. Celtic 2nd was a consolation in stoppage time of the 2nd half.

It was a pleasing display of good passing and hard work from what is a relatively young group of players, with half of them still U16. We should see the benefit of them coming through with the U19s in a couple of years time.

The U15s however lost their corresponding game against Celtic 5-3, but did score a couple of exceptional goals, one a 30 yard strike from Shaun Rutherford and a fine header from Kieran McSwegan (son of Gary).

The future's maroon.:rolleyes:

Gregory House M.D.

There's a blast from the past! Gary McSwegan. He still playing?

Seymour M Hersh

I decided to avoid watching the 1st team today by taking in the U17s match against Celtic at Riccarton this afternoon. The youngsters put in a fine performance to beat Celtic 4-2. Hearts were 4-1 up at half time with goals from Elliot Ford, Sam Nicholson, Gary Oliver and Zack Williams. Celtic 2nd was a consolation in stoppage time of the 2nd half.

It was a pleasing display of good passing and hard work from what is a relatively young group of players, with half of them still U16. We should see the benefit of them coming through with the U19s in a couple of years time.

The U15s however lost their corresponding game against Celtic 5-3, but did score a couple of exceptional goals, one a 30 yard strike from Shaun Rutherford and a fine header from Kieran McSwegan (son of Gary).

The future's maroon.:rolleyes:

How did the centre mid (Angus Beith) play? He's only 15 and a half.

tartofmidlothian

Left Clyde two years ago and been coaching kids in Glasgow ever since, according to Wikipedia. Was a fine player for us, I wish we had a striker emulating him right now.

Well done, the wee JTs.

We could do with a player like him now. Very underated and actually knew where the net was.

We should hire him to teach our so called strikers a thing or two.

Liked the wingers when i watched them against Dunfermline, guy wide left had great balance and awareness for one so young especially, great result again ra sellic what with their resources.

Liked the wingers when i watched them against Dunfermline, guy wide left had great balance and awareness for one so young especially, great result again ra sellic what with their resources.

Surely not a positive post about Hearts academy?!

Archived