Ayr Ratings

neave

Balogh - 3 - Flapped at three crosses which easily could've let to goals, kicking was awful and, although I don't think you can ever blame a keeper for not saving a penalty, to not even try to read what the taker's going to do and just limply fall to your right is unacceptable. Get rid.

McGowan - 6 - Got forward well but didn't provide enough when on the ball.

Zaliukas - 4 - Slip led to goal. Started well, went downhill from there.

Barr - 4 - Awful every time he's played for us. Surely his time is up.

Grainger - 6 - See McGowan.

Templeton - 4 - Getting really sick of him trying to take on a wall of players when there are men in space. Nearing a year since his last half-decent performance.

Robinson - 6 - One of the few with pass marks. Got stuck in, didn't hide.

Jonsson - 6 - See Robinson.

Skacel - 3 - Anonymous. Awful penalty.

Novikovas - 4 - Flatters to deceive every time he plays. Started OK.

Sutton - 4 - No wonder Sergio doesn't seem to rate him. Slow, two touches behind play and tried to win headers facing the wrong way. Hopeless.

Subs:

Smith - 6 - Looked lively when he came on. Should've shot when chose to cut back in ET.

Taouil - 5 - Decent on the ball but not penetrative enough.

Driver - 3 - Wasted one good chance by overhitting it down the line.

As a team we were awful as soon as the handball decision went against us. We played with no urgency and didn't treat the game like a cup tie. Can't say I'm gutted at going out, but would've preferred going out 2-1 in the 90 instead of having to endure that for ET and pens.

Some players need to take a look at themselves. Some others have surely had their chance.

We play a 3rd choice keeper who know's he's so far out the picture that even if he plays a blinder there's no chance he'll be included in first team. Hearts should know that Ayr would treat it as there cup final, the bottom line is they were not up to the challenge.

Some players, and management have got to take a good look at themselves. A real chance wasted , as Rangers out tonight.

Very Pissed off.

Balogh - 3 - Flapped at three crosses which easily could've let to goals, kicking was awful and, although I don't think you can ever blame a keeper for not saving a penalty, to not even try to read what the taker's going to do and just limply fall to your right is unacceptable. Get rid.

McGowan - 6 - Got forward well but didn't provide enough when on the ball.

Zaliukas - 4 - Slip led to goal. Started well, went downhill from there.

Barr - 4 - Awful every time he's played for us. Surely his time is up.

Grainger - 6 - See McGowan.

Templeton - 4 - Getting really sick of him trying to take on a wall of players when there are men in space. Nearing a year since his last half-decent performance.

Robinson - 6 - One of the few with pass marks. Got stuck in, didn't hide.

Jonsson - 6 - See Robinson.

Skacel - 3 - Anonymous. Awful penalty.

Novikovas - 4 - Flatters to deceive every time he plays. Started OK.

Sutton - 4 - No wonder Sergio doesn't seem to rate him. Slow, two touches behind play and tried to win headers facing the wrong way. Hopeless.

Subs:

Smith - 6 - Looked lively when he came on. Should've shot when chose to cut back in ET.

Taouil - 5 - Decent on the ball but not penetrative enough.

Driver - 3 - Wasted one good chance by overhitting it down the line.

As a team we were awful as soon as the handball decision went against us. We played with no urgency and didn't treat the game like a cup tie. Can't say I'm gutted at going out, but would've preferred going out 2-1 in the 90 instead of having to endure that for ET and pens.

Some players need to take a look at themselves. Some others have surely had their chance.

Are you refering to his performance in the 2-0 win over Celtic? As, imo he was quite impressive for a significant period of time after that.

I don't often post on these "ratings" type threads but thought I'd give my tuppence worth for a change.

Balogh - Awful performance. With the emergance of Ridgers and now Hamilton I would suggest he is not even 3rd choice now.

McGowan - has not played a bad game and can consider himself unlucky not to get a regular start.

Barr - understandably shakey at first but kept it simple and was solid enough, will need to learn not just to lump it forward if he wants to be part of Sergio's "passing" style

Zal - solid enough apart from his one customary "Zal" moment which proved very costly

Grainger - decent shift as usual

Temps - becoming a one trick pony and never looks up to play a simple pass

Jonsson - MoM great, brave header that would surely have won the game if it had not been for brines getting involved. Should be first choice DM

Robinson - always looking to be involved, must be close to getting start on Sunday

Novi - typical performance, with nice touches in flashes but needs to be more consistent

Rudi - not interested from start to finish, this was his chance to stake a claim and he blew it.

Sutton - similar to Rudi, his performance may well have put him further down the pecking order.

Taouil - lively and always looking to create something

Smith - looked sharp and was always willing to make himself available for a pass, maybe should have shot instead of trying a cut-back

Driver - like novi showed a couple of decent flashes but needs games to sharpen his match fitness.

Archived