**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Buzzing for Williams to be a flop in Chicago 😍

They’ve certainly invested in the weapons around him straight out the gate. Probably also going to draft another WR with their 2nd pick, certainly a lot of mouths to feed. He does look good, but I still don’t see the insane hype on him. Obviously sitting here with with my Colts specs on here, but he ain’t no Manning/Luck coming out. Yes he’s a different style, but let’s see his accuracy once the big boys are coming for him. Yeah he can scramble, but for yards…or his life😁

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

28 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They’ve certainly invested in the weapons around him straight out the gate. Probably also going to draft another WR with their 2nd pick, certainly a lot of mouths to feed. He does look good, but I still don’t see the insane hype on him. Obviously sitting here with with my Colts specs on here, but he ain’t no Manning/Luck coming out. Yes he’s a different style, but let’s see his accuracy once the big boys are coming for him. Yeah he can scramble, but for yards…or his life😁

Justin Fields could also scramble…

DRAFT DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everyone wanting for their team in the 1st round?

For me the Steelers will go with either an Offensive Tackle or a Centre in the first round with my predictions being Amarius Mims OT out of Georgia or Graham Barton from Duke of they go for a Centre. Honestly think it'll be one of those two unless we trade up for a Corner Back (Quinyon Mitchell or Terrion Arnold) 

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

For me the Steelers will go with either an Offensive Tackle or a Centre in the first round with my predictions being Amarius Mims OT out of Georgia or Graham Barton from Duke of they go for a Centre. Honestly think it'll be one of those two unless we trade up for a Corner Back (Quinyon Mitchell or Terrion Arnold) 

Houston don't have a 1st following the Diggs trade so I'm hoping they stock up on line depth on both sides as they were short there last year.

26 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I love draft day as it makes the new season feel that wee bit closer to starting (even though it’s still months away!). My giants have the 6th pick and it’s been reported we will go for a QB. JJ McCarthy has been in NY a lot over the last few months but I honestly think he’s a back up option and we are just hoping Maye falls down the pecking order. Think that all depends on New England at 3 but can’t see him falling that far. New England will either take him or trade so it’s unlikely for me. Think we’ll end up taking Malik Nabers with our pick unless of course we trade up ourselves. 

33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Houston don't have a 1st following the Diggs trade so I'm hoping they stock up on line depth on both sides as they were short there last year.

not having a 1st round pick must be like getting a night invite to your best mates wedding 

31 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

I love draft day as it makes the new season feel that wee bit closer to starting (even though it’s still months away!). My giants have the 6th pick and it’s been reported we will go for a QB. JJ McCarthy has been in NY a lot over the last few months but I honestly think he’s a back up option and we are just hoping Maye falls down the pecking order. Think that all depends on New England at 3 but can’t see him falling that far. New England will either take him or trade so it’s unlikely for me. Think we’ll end up taking Malik Nabers with our pick unless of course we trade up ourselves. 

Think it's unlikely that either Maye or JJ McCarthy are still there at 6 (maye to go at 3 to the pats and Vikings to trade up for McCarthy) so agree it'll probably be Nabers for you

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

not having a 1st round pick must be like getting a night invite to your best mates wedding 

Something like that. In fairness, the Diggs aspect softens the blow. 

Noticed LAR have their first 1st round pick since 2019 if I'm not mistaken tonight. Decent rebuild there particularly since Donald's gone.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Colts trading up for one of our franchise legends son. MHJ to the Colts, but will Richardson actually be able to find him…not convinced😬

1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

Maye off to NE I think, Giants will probably pick up a top WR

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Colts trading up for one of our franchise legends son. MHJ to the Colts, but will Richardson actually be able to find him…not convinced😬

Maye off to NE I think, Giants will probably pick up a top WR

Unless the giants trade up I don’t think we’d get any of the top qb’s on the board. Williams to Chicago obviously, Washington will take Daniels, New England will take Maye and either the raiders or Vikings will more than likely trade for the 5th pick and take McCarthy.  

PortyJambo

I'm reading a lot of talk of Xavier Worthy being the pick for the Dolphins at #21...I really hope not. I just don't like him enough as a 1st round pick. Maybe if he was still there in the 2nd when we pick, but not the 1st when we need help elsewhere.

I'm hoping it's as simple as fast WR, McDaniel likes speed....2+2=5. It is the classic time in the week before the draft for smokescreens galore too.

I also saw Matt Miller at ESPN saying he'd heard that the Colts were very interested in Worthy at #15. If that's the case, then please take him 😆

Jason Dufner
9 hours ago, Ribble said:

Similar thoughts. Really hoping the Steelers pick Mims and take a centre in the second but feel it’ll be Barton who they pick. 

Fear Barton is overhyped and they’ll end up trading up to take him as well.

Overall in the draft, can’t wait to see where Bowers lands, could be some offence for Rodgers if he lands on the Jets at 10!

Watching the pre-draft show on Sky and a lot of chat that the Patriots are open to trading back from the or pick at 3, wonder who’ll jump up?

luckyBatistuta

I just don’t understand the Atlanta Falcons taking Michael Penix Jr at the number 8 overall pick. They just signed Kirk Cousins to a 4 year $180m contract and didn’t even tell Kirk or his agent that they were going to take Penix. Really baffling selection, Penix will be 24 at the start of the season and now going to be sitting on the bench for how long🤷‍♂️

RustyRightPeg

Bears are loaded now. Can't believe Adunze fell to them at 9. A bit more depth on the OL and they’re fast becoming a problem. 

Certainly makes Williams job easier throwing it to DJ Moore, Keenan Allen and now Adunze. 

Pretty happy with Fautanu, will need to develop the run side of his game but does improve pass protection for Wilson

RedStarRiot
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I just don’t understand the Atlanta Falcons taking Michael Penix Jr at the number 8 overall pick. They just signed Kirk Cousins to a 4 year $180m contract and didn’t even tell Kirk or his agent that they were going to take Penix. Really baffling selection, Penix will be 24 at the start of the season and now going to be sitting on the bench for how long🤷‍♂️

Good. 

That team never learns and have had poor leadership for years now.

RustyRightPeg
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

10 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Good. 

That team never learns and have had poor leadership for years now.

There's a video of the GM talking to the owner after the pick. Reports say trying to justify it, I'd be surprised if they hadn't consulted him beforehand but hey - who'd be shocked.

It's just a strange one considering the talent on the board on both sides of the ball. Really, really bizarre pick.

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

There's a video of the GM talking to the owner after the pick. Reports say trying to justify it, I'd be surprised if they hadn't consulted him beforehand but hey - who'd be shocked.

It's just a strange one considering the talent on the board on both sides of the ball. Really, really bizarre pick.

Just don't get it, Penix was a 1st round pick for someone desperate and willing to take a punt on a QB that's had injury issues in each of the last 4 years or he's a 2nd or 3rd rounder for someone that doesn't need him to play immediately and can give him time

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Just don't get it, Penix was a 1st round pick for someone desperate and willing to take a punt on a QB that's had injury issues in each of the last 4 years or he's a 2nd or 3rd rounder for someone that doesn't need him to play immediately and can give him time

Reminds me of when Green Bay took Love at a time when Rodgers desperately needed WRs. There were a few huge names on offer at that time, similar to this and although the Love pick looks shrewd now, Green Bay were right there and an Elite WR could've took them to the promised land.

Rodgers never really got over that and it already seems to have unsettled Cousins.

Edited by RustyRightPeg