• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• Shanks said no

• Forever Hearts

• graygo

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

Same place people go to before every hearts home game I imagine. 

A few of the usual haunts will have Celtic fans in them. 

Stewie Griffin
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm taking my 14 year old son so would appreciate a family friendly pub with zero Celtic fans in it. 

The BMC next to Sainsbury’s is good if you’re taking kids along 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I've had him in there before, nice big club but can get very busy. I suppose everywhere will be mobbed on the 28th. 

Stick to the pubs that are traditionally known as Hearts home pubs. If the landlords of these pubs have any common sense, they will not be entertaining any mhank fans that day.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Stick to the pubs that are traditionally known as Hearts home pubs. If the landlords of these pubs have any common sense, they will not be entertaining any mhank fans that day.

I'd imagine the Police will have a say in this anyway and effectively be sectioning off the Celtic side of the stadium from the Hearts side, so pubs like Murrayfield Hotel, Roseburn etc will all be Mhank bars for the day, and everything else will be Hearts.

Most of the Mhanks will be drinking Buckfast on the streets, anyway.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I'd imagine the Police will have a say in this anyway and effectively be sectioning off the Celtic side of the stadium from the Hearts side, so pubs like Murrayfield Hotel, Roseburn etc will all be Mhank bars for the day, and everything else will be Hearts.

I would imagine so, on all counts.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Watching fitbaw after a few pintoes with beer goggles on , you never see the real game ,up and down to the bog , i don't see the need ,plenty time after the match , id rather have a pie and bovril or a hog roast at Murrayfield

Not be much drinking time before kick off on a Sunday hardly worth the bother

8 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Watching fitbaw after a few pintoes with beer goggles on , you never see the real game ,up and down to the bog , i don't see the need ,plenty time after the match , id rather have a pie and bovril or a hog roast at Murrayfield

I agree, will be heading back to the Gorgie area to celebrate the victory and see who our opponents are in the final. ??  

8 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Not be much drinking time before kick off on a Sunday hardly worth the 

Cool

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Spirit of Keith Moon. 

24 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

:cornette:

1 hour ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Likely To be members only on semifinal Sunday. 

15 minutes ago, Zaba said:

The Caley ??

Exactly..bit of breakfast, couple of beers and 15 min  walk to Murrayfield

When we win they might even allow a song post match

Maybe a stupid statement lads correct me if wrong 

will the pubs no need special licence to open early doors on a Sunday ?  Or are they usually open for early Sunday games 

57 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Maybe a stupid statement lads correct me if wrong 

will the pubs no need special licence to open early doors on a Sunday ?  Or are they usually open for early Sunday games 

12.30 for most pubs I think, but they can open earlier if it’s a hotel or if they serve food I think? And social clubs have more leeway as well. But someone will know better than me.

Other pubs that will be full of them will include all the bars near Haymarket, like Ryries, Platform 5 and the Haymarket Bar. 

AngleParkMenace

Earliest pubs will serve alcohol on a Sunday is 11 but may open earlier for food. Places with an entertainment/hotel license can serve earlier. 

joondalupjambo

I will be following my Drink Aware pattern, having a drink free day on that Sunday and updating the app accordingly.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

The Murrayfield Hotel will definitely be rammed with mhanky barstewards. Not so sure about the Roseburn or Murrayfield Bar as they are directly in the path of where Hearts fans will get into the ground (Roseburn St.)

From haymarket to Roseburn to Murrayfield will be full of the greatest fans in the world drinking buckfast, pissing in the street and glorifying terrorists

Best sticking to Gorgie / Polwarth etc. 

Edited by Rudy T

10 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Aye your right.    Better cancel the 8am flat party and have a lie in instead 

9 hours ago, Bainy said:

Would imagine the Shandon will be open from at least 9 if not earlier. 

Spoke to Phil Marinello on Saturday and he confirmed that The Mill will be opening at 9.00AM

The Shed Floodlight

Ra Sellik will no doubt be at Haymarket, area,  hopefully the war memorial gets covered up,  any Oirish Bars and other bars down their will be rammed with the tinkers  

Shanks said no
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Murrayfield Hotel will definitely be rammed with mhanky barstewards. Not so sure about the Roseburn or Murrayfield Bar as they are directly in the path of where Hearts fans will get into the ground (Roseburn St.)

Roseburn bar maximum capacity is 200 and you can bet 200 of them will be queuing up at opening time. 

Really depends on what opening time pubs are sticking with. For example the Centurion (unfortunately now a Celticy pub) normally only opens at 1230, which will be no use. The White Lady opens at 7am but probably won’t start selling alcohol till 12/1230, particularly after the trouble with Dons fans on route to Murrayfield. Maybury to Haymarket are a no go area and will be a traffic nightmare.

1 hour ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Ra Sellik will no doubt be at Haymarket, area,  hopefully the war memorial gets covered up,  any Oirish Bars and other bars down their will be rammed with the tinkers  

Wonder if Platform 5 will enforce no colours - their good at that occasionally

4 hours ago, Geeky Boy said:

We will be going to our daughters house in Balgreen for a big breakfast and a wee tipple or two.

can i pop along mate?

2 hours ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

That Malones will be a cesspit.

The Shed Floodlight
1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

That Malones will be a cesspit.

yep that is the name of the place, couldn't remember it.   

The Shed Floodlight
23 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Wonder if Platform 5 will enforce no colours - their good at that occasionally

P5 will probably close before kick off,  that area will be mobbed with the Feds 

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

yep that is the name of the place, couldn't remember it.   

formerly Diane's pool hall.