Zlamal during the shootout

tartofmidlothian

Ricardo Shillyshally
13 minutes ago, kila said:

“Ireland played Celtic in Scott Brown’s testimonial and it was the first time I had been to Celtic Park to play – I’m certainly looking forward to going back.

“It was a fantastic atmosphere, electric really because he has done so well for Celtic over the years.

“It felt like a testimonial game as the tempo was a bit down because they played the Scottish Cup final the day before, so they were probably still half-cut.

“I played about 60 minutes and it was a good experience.

“I’m excited about the prospect of going back to a ground like that for a proper league game."

"Proper league game"... lol come on, he isn't exactly talking up Hearts is he! Of course it is quotes from the S*n so it'll be selective quoting to get a story out of it, but still.

One of his first interviews as a Hearts player. Even if the Sun has twisted it, he shouldn't be coming out with garbage like this. 

Harry Potter
Just now, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

One of his first interviews as a Hearts player. Even if the Sun has twisted it, he shouldn't be coming out with garbage like this. 

In the sun, non story.

gashauskis9
4 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Is nobody going to mention his decent display in the shootout? He got a hand to absolutely everything besides the one Raith blasted over. Fair enough, he didn't save them all, but the fact he managed to reach them at all shows he's probably quite a good reader of the shooter, and he's got great anticipation and reaction. Good length too. Reckon he's good for a few penalty saves this season. Think spot kicks awarded against us this season won't be as foregone a conclusion as I usually feel they are.

And the fact that he was basically having to play centre half because of the pitch.  

And the fact that he made the tackle of the game whilst Berra was daydreaming.

The gloves are his imo.

AlphonseCapone

Doyle said nothing wrong in his interview. Some folk are either very sensitive souls or have some sort of agenda.

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Doyle said nothing wrong in his interview. Some folk are either very sensitive souls or have some sort of agenda.

I was thinking exactly the same. Nothing in it to get worked up about

Ricardo Shillyshally
28 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Hearts first. That's the agenda.

1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Yeah if you are a teenager with zero perspective in life or somebody that doesnt get out much, I agree.....

Losing the rag over a wee interview because he isnt talking about his new Hearts tattoo or the like ????!!!

Ricardo Shillyshally
3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Yeah if you are a teenager with zero perspective in life or somebody that doesnt get out much, I agree.....

Losing the rag over a wee interview because he isnt talking about his new Hearts tattoo or the like ????!!!

Dearie me. No rags have been lost, thank you.

I just think new signings should be talking about how much they are looking forward to playing at Tynecastle not the ground of one of our rivals.

Surely he's had some media coaching in his career.

Back on topic. Bobby done well yesterday, even though he never once mentioned how much he was looking forward to p!aging at Bayview.

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, Morgan said:

Celtic loving?

Not this crap already about a new player :facepalm: 

Another batch of rodent getting through  i think

rab obanheartsno1

I thought he did well today and the 1 he came out and cleared his line the ball and man was spot on and I wish Souter would stop playing 40yard balls to the opposing team hence giving the ball away and play the easy pass,also the goal they got trying to play offside when the player was clearly on, him and Berra were a bit shaky at the back although he had a perfectly goal disallowed 

sairyinthat
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Stronger wrist and he would have saved at least one other pen yesterday 

Whit the man won us the extra point with his penalty saves so why would he need a stronger wrist? To tamper with himself you think.

The Old Tolbooth
16 hours ago, El Diez said:

Will sell the jerseys at some point.

Erratic.

Not what I want in a keeper.

That's my thoughts too, whilst entertaining, he looks like an accident waiting to happen. 

AlphonseCapone
51 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Not sure what that means tbh? Only wear Maroon, never eat outside of Gorgie? The guy done an interview and spoke about a recent experience that has some relevance to his new job, that's it. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Not sure what that means tbh? Only wear Maroon, never eat outside of Gorgie? The guy done an interview and spoke about a recent experience that has some relevance to his new job, that's it. 

39 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Dearie me. No rags have been lost, thank you.

I just think new signings should be talking about how much they are looking forward to playing at Tynecastle not the ground of one of our rivals.

Surely he's had some media coaching in his career.

Back on topic. Bobby done well yesterday, even though he never once mentioned how much he was looking forward to p!aging at Bayview.

Paragraph 2, in case you are still not sure

13 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

....pffft.....where is my pitchfork!!!!! ?

...your objective and balanced views are not welcomed around here Sir ?

Go on, beat it......!!!

tartofmidlothian
33 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:spoton:

Nothing in these quotes. Obviously if he'd said he was only coming here because he hoped Celtic could get a look at him and he could fulfil his boyhood dream, that would be different. He won't have seen many stadiums like their's in his career.

AlphonseCapone
36 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I'm sure he is buzzing for his first game at Tynecastle....

especially because it's against Celtic ::troll::

Truthfully though, I'm sure he is. He'll fall in love with Tynecastle and the atmosphere at big games without a doubt, everyone does. 

AlphonseCapone
29 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

....pffft.....where is my pitchfork!!!!! ?

...your objective and balanced views are not welcomed around here Sir ?

Go on, beat it......!!!

:laugh:

9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

:spoton:

Nothing in these quotes. Obviously if he'd said he was only coming here because he hoped Celtic could get a look at him and he could fulfil his boyhood dream, that would be different. He won't have seen many stadiums like their's in his career.

I do think there is a little insecurity in Scottish football at times. Makes complete sense players will be excited  about playing at places like Celtic Park and Ibrox, they are massive stadiums by any standards and like you say, it's a chance to play in them that a lot of more average players wouldn't get in other smaller countries. I'm sure players going smaller La Liga clubs are buzzing about playing at the Bernabeau and Nou Camp. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:laugh: I do think there is a little insecurity in Scottish football at times. Makes complete sense players will be excited  about playing at places like Celtic Park and Ibrox, they are massive stadiums by any standards and like you say, it's a chance to play in them that a lot of more average players wouldn't get in other smaller countries. I'm sure players going smaller La Liga clubs are buzzing about playing at the Bernabeau and Nou Camp. 

This. As long as he plays for the jersey and gives 100% on the pitch I couldn’t care what grounds he’s looking forward to playing at.

3 hours ago, kila said:

“Ireland played Celtic in Scott Brown’s testimonial and it was the first time I had been to Celtic Park to play – I’m certainly looking forward to going back.

“It was a fantastic atmosphere, electric really because he has done so well for Celtic over the years.

“It felt like a testimonial game as the tempo was a bit down because they played the Scottish Cup final the day before, so they were probably still half-cut.

“I played about 60 minutes and it was a good experience.

“I’m excited about the prospect of going back to a ground like that for a proper league game."

"Proper league game"... lol come on, he isn't exactly talking up Hearts is he! Of course it is quotes from the S*n so it'll be selective quoting to get a story out of it, but still.

Thanks Kila, I hadn’t seen that before :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Another batch of rodent getting through  i think

That’s certainly what it seems like JJ.  As if there’s not enough already.

:facepalm: 

Covered the back 3 well yesterday.

Read the penalties quite well.

Nothing wrong with being vocal, we need more of that in the team.

I'll wait until he has sold a few goals before rubbishing him.

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Covered the back 3 well yesterday.

Read the penalties quite well.

Nothing wrong with being vocal, we need more of that in the team.

I'll wait until he has sold a few goals before rubbishing him.

Well said Gambo

He was giving me the fear already on Tuesday. Punched a couple of crosses that he could have easily caught and kicking was a bit dodgy. Seems quite erratic but will give him benefit of the doubt just now.

Zlamal certainly looks to have an unorthodox style, which is bound to make fans/defenders a little uneasy.

Only watched him once (yesterday) and these are my observations:

Strengths: Handling and agility.

Weaknesses: Decision making (coming for crosses/with the ball at his feet).

4 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

More of the interview. 

“Playing in the Premiership, you’ve got big games here against Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen – it’s big teams, big crowds and it’s what I want to play in front of.

“I’ve played in some big games – I played against France, the world champions, this summer – and that’s something I want to do.”

colinmaroon
19 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Based on absolutely nothing.  Didn't make a single mistake

Much as I find it impossible to accept, there must be an alternative "reality" (that's an oxymoron if ever there was one).  The alternative where Hibs are the big team!

Told you it was a load of croffles!

Edited by colinmaroon