Whats the point of them these days ??

Maybe we should have a Heterosexual Pride Day(s) :ninja:

FFS. 

Dry your eyes.

3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

FFS. 

Dry your eyes.

Who's complaining ??

Just don't see why some need to quite literarily ram there sexuality in peoples faces 

Sorry if I hit a raw nerve and that's  to the fanatical non attender

Edited by jambo1961

14 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

I would imagine it’s still about acceptance. A friend of mine recently said two of her good friends who are gay got attacked for holding hands. Clearly too many still can’t accept them, and I think the idea of the marches is for them to proudly declare who they are without fear of hostility. It hopefully helps others come to terms with them too, by becoming more accustomed to their existence and right to live their lives safely and in peace, like the rest of us. 

A better wuestion, I think, is why do you have such a problem with them marching?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Who's complaining ??

Just don't see why some need to quite literarily ram there sexuality in peoples faces 

Sorry if I hit a raw nerve and that's  to the fanatical non attender

Lots of reasons, including getting the message out to those afraid to come out that who you are is nothing to be ashamed of.

But why should it be justified to those who don't understand anyway? It's not for you, don't worry about it, you don't need to understand.

Just now, Smithee said:

Lots of reasons, including getting the message out to those afraid to come out that who you are is nothing to be ashamed of.

But why should it be justified to those who don't understand anyway? It's not for you, don't worry about it, you don't need to understand.

Fair enough , I was genuinely curious

I don't think homosexuality is a big deal as it goes, just don't get the parade stuff, but each to there own 

Unknown user

By the way gay pride in Amsterdam is just the best, a great series of events from tranny Olympics to the water parade and a fantastic atmosphere. I highly recommend it no matter where you are on the sexual spectrum

Unknown user
Just now, jambo1961 said:

I don't think homosexuality is a big deal as it goes, just don't get the parade stuff, but each to there own 

Loads of groups do parades, from lodges to religious groups, even towns and villages have parades - you could ask why does any group does it when you think about it. Nowt wrong with celebrating who you are!

My Burds Sister is Gay and she goes to a lot of Gay Parades, loves them

I',m feart to try it in case I like it.... ba boom 

40 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

It's hilarious that with every post you make yourself look even more stupid and you don't realize you're doing it.

Carry on.

Your the Man eh ..no matches 

AlimOzturk

Didn't two men recently get battered outside CC blooms for holding hands? There is still and massive amount of intolerance and these types of marches help educate people and show the homophobes that tl the LGBT don't care. 

I am not gay but ill happily wave a rainbow flag and support the march. They are entitied to there day

Edited by AlimOzturk

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Your the Man eh ..no matches 

*you're.

Carry on.

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Didn't two men recently get battered outside CC blooms for holding hands? There is still and massive amount of intolerance and these types of marches help educate people and show the homophobes that tl the LGBT don't care. 

I am not gay but ill happily wave a rainbow flag and support the march. They are entitied to there day

Yeah my good friend from school and his boyfriend were attacked for holding hands. 

As long as the OP is ok though.

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yep, agreed Alim.

We’ve got gay friends who live in Sausalito near San Francisco and the gay marches they attend look wonderful occasions.Why the hell should they hide away?

And, you’re spot on, they are entitled to their day.

2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Anyone else thinking this boy isn't right? 

Coming fae a ****** that gets in a proper  State at a random post

Some on here  just canny wait to snivel and look smart, but dont

That's you non attender

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, jambo1961 said:

Maybe you should.  Knock yourself out chief.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Maybe you should.  Knock yourself out chief.

I may do, you as well

As Marches go I quite like the Sash Bashes we have in West Lothian, how dare I 

I may do, you as well

F3935EC9-38C4-42DA-93B5-6E8F7CAC6CFD.gif

57 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

I think homosexuality will be a big deal until people just leave them alone.  More respect for people marching to change society than those marching just to drag the past up. Orange marches etc. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

I may do, you as well

To turn things around, what's the point of them these days?

Just don't see why some need to quite literally ram their bigotry in peoples faces.

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

I may do, you as well

If your angle is to march in favour of 400 year old, oppressive, bigoted values, then I can see why pride (which is progressive, diversified and promotes peace and freedom of choice) isn’t for you.

Speaking as a very proud LGBT ally (and heterosexual I may add), I have no problem with people objecting to the idea of pride marches.  What I can’t fathom is why people think the best way to deflect from it is to promote the idea of having marches for everything and everyone.  It’s a lazy as **** response quite frankly.  I’m sure once we get to a place of pure equality, where people aren’t scared to walk the streets and express themselves, the LGBT community will be more than happy to wrap the marches up.  

peter_hmfc
1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

It's hilarious that with every post you make yourself look even more stupid and you don't realize you're doing it.

Carry on.

The irony and hypocrisy of this post could open up a black hole in time itself.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If your angle is to march in favour of 400 year old, oppressive, bigoted values, then I can see why pride (which is progressive, diversified and promotes peace and freedom of choice) isn’t for you.

Speaking as a very proud LGBT ally (and heterosexual I may add), I have no problem with people objecting to the idea of pride marches.  What I can’t fathom is why people think the best way to deflect from it is to promote the idea of having marches for everything and everyone.  It’s a lazy as **** response quite frankly.  I’m sure once we get to a place of pure equality, where people aren’t scared to walk the streets and express themselves, the LGBT community will be more than happy to wrap the marches up.  

The irony  bedded with  intolerance on  here reaches new heights, you have to laugh 

Edited by jambo1961

gashauskis9

You talk shite ^^

The irony  bedded with  intolerance on  here reaches new heights, you have to laugh 

I’ve taken the bait, please explain what was intolerant about my response?

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

The irony and hypocrisy of this post could open up a black hole in time itself.

Oh, Peter. 

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’ve taken the bait, please explain what was intolerant about my response?

Oops that bit  was to another post Gash

Look why do people get there knickers in a twist about he haw

Straight in with insults and my opinion is right stuff

I just laugh at the shit no big deal really , unless you think its the world according to me  and the knobbers are straight in 

Edited by jambo1961

gashauskis9

Oops that was to another post Gash

Look why do people get there knickers in a twist about he haw

Straight in with insults and my opinion is right stuff

I just laugh at the shit np big deal really 

You pretty much started a thread about gay people ramming their sexuality down people’s throats.

Not pointing the figure, don’t know what your angle was, but that’s normally the pattern of heterosexuals ramming their sexuality down people’s throats.

My view is that you’ve started a thread about something you know very little about, which is fine in my book, just be prepared for the backlash.

gashauskis9
Just now, peter_hmfc said:

"LGBT ally" :vrface: .

We're not at war.

Young men and women getting beat up because of their life choices may disagree with you there chief.

Bridge of Djoum

Young men and women getting beat up because of their life choices may disagree with you there chief.

Peter has a history of anti-women posts.

I shudder to think what his views are on homosexuality.

Ask him about security guards.

Edited by New York Fleapit

peter_hmfc
Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

I'm aware of that, but the term "ally" is cringeworthy. Do you need to enlist to fight?

peter_hmfc
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

Peter has a history of anti-women posts.

I shudder to think what his views are on homosexuality.

Homosexuality is perfectly fine with me. Try harder.

The other part though is not really worth my time (hint: see sig and under username, there you go).

You pretty much started a thread about gay people ramming their sexuality down people’s throats.

Not pointing the figure, don’t know what your angle was, but that’s normally the pattern of heterosexuals ramming their sexuality down people’s throats.

My view is that you’ve started a thread about something you know very little about, which is fine in my book, just be prepared for the backlash.

Oh the thought, scary eh

Pant wetter's united on here  mean he haw to me, its all about what they think and believe, then comes the intolerance and insults

You couldny make it up 

gashauskis9

I'm aware of that, but the term "ally" is cringeworthy. Do you need to enlist to fight?

Call it wtf you want Peter.  Are you anti the principle or just ****ing about with a thesaurus?

Bridge of Djoum

The other part though is not really worth my time (hint: see sig and under username, there you go).

Kinda the same argument as, ''some of my best friends are black''.

peter_hmfc

Call it wtf you want Peter.  Are you anti the principle or just ****ing about with a thesaurus?

The latter to be honest :lol: .

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, jambo1961 said:

Oh the thought, scary eh

Pant wetter's united on here  mean he haw to me, its all about what they think and believe, then comes the intolerance and insults

You couldny make it up 

Do you not think your views could be picked up as intolerant or insulting?  Or is it everyone else wearing blinkers on this one?

Do you not think your views could be picked up as intolerant or insulting?  Or is it everyone else wearing blinkers on this one?

Awaits the ‘blinkers’ response.

peter_hmfc

?

No offence, fair enough for supporting homosexuality and it's not at you personally I just think the term "ally" is a bit bizarre.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Portray yourself as pro-women...whilst laughing at female comedians, female football...

gashauskis9

No offence, fair enough for supporting homosexuality and it's not at you personally I just think the term "ally" is a bit bizarre.

No probs chief, no offence taken.  I’m pretty clear on your view, it’s the OP who’s confused the **** out me.

peter_hmfc
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

Portray yourself as pro-women...whilst laughing at female comedians, female football...

Oh, Fleapit.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Never met anyone who hasn't shown signs of intolerance at times

Its the ones in denial that I scoff at 

Back on track, I just don't get the GPM in 2018, homosexuality is legal and no ones that fussed about it really , why the continual reminder that's all, just get on with it I say