19 Points behind

rick witter

rick witter

As the title says. 19 points behind Hibs and 22 points behind Aberdeen!!! How on earth have we allowed this to happen. We are absolutely miles behind both teams. 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• shaun.lawson

• rick witter

• Juanjo15

Francis Albert

A new(ish) topic and a fair one. I remember around Christmas many posts confidently predicting it would be a matter  of a few weeks before we overtook Hibs.

What exactly went wrong?

Not inconceivable it could be nearer 30 points by the end of the season.

Edited by Francis Albert

rick witter

I think the point is a fair one. Not just about the manager but the club as a whole. We seem to be in decline year on year and need to put a stop to it. 

Francis Albert

The manager is certainly one potential reason. Lennon is a pretty dislikeable chap but it is difficult to conceive of him playing another Scottish club and being primarily concerned about not losing, or having as his prime objective to "stifle" them.

The quality of players and the recruitment process/policy must also come into it. What are they doing better than us?

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The manager is certainly one potential reason. Lennon is a pretty dislikeable chap but it is difficult to conceive of him playing another Scottish club and being primarily concerned about not losing, or having as his prime objective to "stifle" them.

He’s a winner and winners like to win.

18 points from 19 away games is a shocking return.  

We have 1 front man and only naismith and milinkovic as other goal threats.  We need to sign goal scoring midfielders to help win the 7 games extra for next season to be competing for 2nd.

Embarassing but totally deserved from a Hibernian perspective. Streets ahead of us with a manager who still has a fire in his belly, has signed cleverly, motivated well, knows how to win and has success throughout his cv. Things need to change and they need to change now. 

They’re having a great league campaign it cannot be denied.

Unfortunately that only compounds our mediocrity.

We’re a fair bit away from challenging for 2nd place but things can turn around quickly in football.

A massive Summer ahead.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Its been discussed in numerous different threads, its a bit boring now.

Get a life guys and go outside

:thumbs_up:

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Its been discussed in numerous different threads, its a bit boring now.

Get a life guys and go outside

Currently outside but still think the OP was fair enough.

Great life here too :thumbsup:

The Comedian

Say what you like about Lennon, he is a much better manager that Levein and carries a gravitas born from a decent career and medal haul here and in England. I know that's tough to swallow for many, it's a fact though.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

The difference between having good players and crap ones.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Currently outside but still think the OP was fair enough.

Great life here too :thumbsup:

Dont rub it in ya prat :laugh:

Hope its nicer than our one day summer

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Dont rub it in ya prat :laugh:

Hope its nicer than our one day summer

Aye, lovely today. :thumb:

You got three days at the end of last week didn’t you? Thursday to Saturday.

I remember back in 95 when JJ took over I had a 20 quid bet with a vermin mate on a night out that we'd overturn their 12 point gap and finish above them.

We did by 14 points. Great turnaround.

While of course this season is long gone, I don't come close to having that confidence under the current regime if the situation arose again.

5 minutes ago, DavieG said:

They have better players than us, a better manager, and if we are not careful, a bigger support 

Behave! 

Never had a bigger support than us in my lifetime and we have been through worse than this 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Aye, lovely today. :thumb:

You got three days at the end of last week didn’t you? Thursday to Saturday.

I suppose actually, it was a nice summer we had this year

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The quality of players and the recruitment process/policy must also come into it. What are they doing better than us?

1. They have a creative midfield 

2. They have strikers that score 

3. They have established full backs 

4. They didn't completely change their playing style when they got promoted. 

Edited by iainmac

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Behave! 

Never had a bigger support than us in my lifetime and we have been through worse than this 

Agree.

Maybe more ST’s sold for next season but, a bigger support?

Nah. Never.

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Behave! 

Complacency can be very dangerous.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I suppose actually, it was a nice summer we had this year

:robbo:

As much as a great season they have had and Aberdeen..throughout the season they have probably been able to field the same team most weeks apart from some transfers...which have also worked for them...and that makes a big difference.  I can't recall any major injuries for them. While apart from a handful of our players..everybody seems to have been injured. 

Not using this as an excuse coz we he been poor . But a settled team always helps.

29 minutes ago, rick witter said:

As the title says. 19 points behind Hibs and 22 points behind Aberdeen!!! How on earth have we allowed this to happen. We are absolutely miles behind both teams. 

Has this just happened? Do we really need you just spinning the same rubbish time after time?

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Embarassing but totally deserved from a Hibernian perspective. Streets ahead of us with a manager who still has a fire in his belly, has signed cleverly, motivated well, knows how to win and has success throughout his cv. Things need to change and they need to change now. 

Spot on Hendricks. Some posters are still convinced we will beat Hibs in a week or so. Levein slavered something yesterday about Aberdeen not having scored against us this season. Has he looked at our goals scored or even shots on target against Hibs this season. Embarrassing. 

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Who are you to decide what can and cannot be posted?

The OP raises a very fair point and one worthy of discussion and consideration.

Quite right mate. Head in the sand springs to mind

29 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Several threads.about our situation already, no need for another one

Mods can you close thread please

You're getting desperate now.  Close all threads that are critical?  Show improvement on the park and these threads will stop. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
11 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Say what you like about Lennon, he is a much better manager that Levein and carries a gravitas born from a decent career and medal haul here and in England. I know that's tough to swallow for many, it's a fact though.

This might be true but he's still a detestable human being. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Remember when we beat Killie 5-3 

:sob:

Hearts were renowned for years as being regular scorers. Third in all time table.

Thats alarmingly starting to disappear in the distance behind us.

Some will argue that what Hibs do is irrelevant, but for many, me included, it does throw into sharp focus how bowfing we are when compared to them. 

They don't sign rubbish, play to win, attack with pace and intent and routinely entertain their support. 

Us? 

It's fecking night and day. 

And there's no end, apparently, to this malaise. In Levein, you must believe, whether you do or don't. 

Depressing. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Agree.

Maybe more ST’s sold for next season but, a bigger support?

Nah. Never.

Exactly Morgan 

last few seasons a bit of short term success and opening of the fester road free ticket convention centre got them a few extra numbers 

if they were us at the moment they would be pulling their usual 11-12k, no more 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Elmore said:

You're getting desperate now.  Close all threads that are critical?  Show improvement on the park and these threads will stop. 

Didnt say ALL threads

But there is no need for another one

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Exactly Morgan 

last few seasons a bit of short term success and opening of the fester road free ticket convention centre got them a few extra numbers 

if they were us at the moment they would be pulling their usual 11-12k, no more 

:thumbsup:

Silvery_Moon
28 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

The difference between having a good manager and a crap one.

And strong leadership in the boardroom. 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Has this just happened? Do we really need you just spinning the same rubbish time after time?

Ermm yes.

We were "only" 16 points behind Hibs and 19 points behind Aberdeen 24 hours ago.

It would be great if the manager and players could just stop spinning the same rubbish time after time.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Didnt say ALL threads

But there is no need for another one

It's not up to you what threads get closed.  Is it?

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

New angle to approach with but same subject matter in the end.    Same frothfest.      

Did I miss the analysis of why we were within touching distance of Hibs at the turn of the year and are now 19 points behind and counting? Trying to understand the reasons might be a first step to changing our respective trajectories.

Silvery_Moon
4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Too far.

In the past I would have agreed it was too far. Not now though. 

Someone needs to get a grip on this situation before it gets even worse. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Did I miss the analysis of why we were within touching distance of Hibs at the turn of the year and are now 19 points behind and counting? Trying to understand the reasons might be a first step to changing our respective trajectories.

I strongly suspect that the difference might be points picked up away from home.