Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't consider Mulraney to be one of the 'nine'. 

I reckon Robbo wanted Beith and it suited both parties for Mulraney to come here. 

It really has no risk.

Agreed! ... I doubt Robbo said “ this lad is shite Craig “ and levein said “fine we will take him cos Beith is shite too”... I guess this lad has ability but maybe needs a change or a new challenge. I probably think the same with beith. He needs to play first team games now

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Bighenry said:

Agreed! ... I doubt Robbo said “ this lad is shite Craig “ and levein said “fine we will take him cos Beith is shite too”... I guess this lad has ability but maybe needs a change or a new challenge. I probably think the same with beith. He needs to play first team games now

that conversation would have been a belter.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Imagine ?. Billy king eh. I certainly dont know as much as Levein. I’d be an idiot to think otherwise. However, I do know this boys not played a game yet, signed for potential, you’re writing him off and I’m the one who knows zip...

Three year contracts all round then, we have wingers in Moore and McDonald with potential and I personally think whatever money we are paying this guy should be channeled elsewhere. Levein has said he wants pace on the wing and that this guy will give us it, does that sound like a squad player with potential. I don’t know more than Levein obviously but I do know that the players you admitted he got for his two protégées in the main weren’t good enough, and didn’t help them do their job.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't consider Mulraney to be one of the 'nine'. 

I reckon Robbo wanted Beith and it suited both parties for Mulraney to come here. 

It really has no risk.

I would say this quote from Levein indicates he is one of the nine.C6A46029-F979-477C-A736-4EF7F863DA71.thumb.png.006fcf449a53dcd5dc2c4c041c0119ac.png

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

My understanding is that the boy can play but is thick and let's people down. 

Thrrrreeee year deal then

Not prejudging Mulraney, I hope he turns out to be an inspired signing, but should we not be trying to sign Milinkovic permanently. He is hard to tie down for defenders, is positive, is an excellent finisher, excites fans. It seems he does not fit into our ''away from home system'', but actually I think that is where he could excel given freedom to go box to box, breaking at pace, he looks to me a natural counter-attacker. Maybe he plays off the cuff, ignores A4 instructions but he is also unpredictable to our opponents, flair should not be discouraged IMO. There needs to be a place for it in any squad, home or away.

Edited by Skacelsid
text error

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Anyone actually seen him play? :whistling:

Judging by the amount of game time he gets, not many ICT fans have. 

We will see him when he is thrown in for the first derby at Easter Road. 

BobbyJenkins
46 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Not prejudging Mulraney, I hope he turns out to be an inspired signing, but should we not be trying to sign Milinkovic permanently. He is hard to tie down for defenders, is positive, is an excellent finisher, excites fans. It seems he does not fit into our ''away from home system'', but actually I think that is where he could excel given freedom to go box to box, breaking at pace, he looks to me a natural counter-attacker. Maybe he plays off the cuff, ignores A4 instructions but he is also unpredictable to our opponents, flair should not be discouraged IMO. There needs to be a place for it in any squad, home or away.

Who said we aren’t trying to sign milinkovic?

Back to 2005
46 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Yeah he never seems to start an away game. What a depressing state of affairs that you don't play the one player that excites the fans as he does not fit in to the go for a 0-0 draw plan of the manager. 

BobbyJenkins
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think he’s been signed for potential so, you know... belt up.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, BobbyJenkins said:

I think he’s been signed for potential so, you know... belt up.

Bit rude.

Was just  joke, but you know it's gonna happen :thumb:

Special Agent Dale Cooper
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You missed the point which is we let a better player go, did i mention guarantees? King is like lightning but clearly needs better coaching.Why can’t we look at higher level players then? Is it because we have players like Sammon (the last guy Robbo recommended)Martin etc and guys that aren’t up to it like Callachan and Amankwaa? What job does Levein think he will do? Take up space ahead of Moore and McDonald? If money is tight why are we going for this nonentity that even ICT fans don’t rate?

FA300B8E-C9D6-4647-BEBD-46DB24CC1050.png

Never trust the opinions of a man who ends his post 'haha'. That's my motto.

Haha.

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Does nobody think Robbo will have discussed this guy with Levein and given an honest appraisal since it was us?

He recommended Sammon?!?!

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

Exactly and the manager doesn’t like that, as all his supporters like to talk about his last period as manager remember Jean Louis Valois? Same thing as Milinkovic, doesn’t fit in defensively and we ended up with Stamp & Simmons wide of Severin and Macfarlane. Levein has said about three times he wants to keep Mitchell/Adao/Naismith but only recently added Milinkovic to that, I don’t think for a minute he wants to. They will say his club wants too much and his wages are too high in a few weeks/months time.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-hoping-to-utilise-jake-mulraney-s-pace-1-4730448

Hes signed two “wingers” in two windows, why didn’t he get a proper one if he wanted that?

How’s about playing the wingers we have on the other side and asking them to beat a man and cross the ball?

If you want someone in the first team to do that how long is this project going to take to provide it? There has to be better players available from a higher level that can go straight into the team.

Signings of MacLean, Ikpeazu and potentially Mulraney now will have us flocking to renew

Explains  why Hearts twitter feed updates on season ticket sales has been as active as Vlads Hearts fax machine, stoney bloody silent

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Signings of MacLean, Ikpeazu and potentially Mulraney now will have us flocking to renew

Explains  why Hearts twitter feed updates on season ticket sales has been as active as Vlads Hearts fax machine, stoney bloody silent

To be fair, they didn’t reveal sales figures until the end of the renewal period last year. Going by that we should expect an update by the end of next week. 

Nookie Bear
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-hoping-to-utilise-jake-mulraney-s-pace-1-4730448

Hes signed two “wingers” in two windows, why didn’t he get a proper one if he wanted that?

How’s about playing the wingers we have on the other side and asking them to beat a man and cross the ball?

If you want someone in the first team to do that how long is this project going to take to provide it? There has to be better players available from a higher level that can go straight into the team.

"Project"

:yucky:

Walker and Nicholson both stagnated noticeably so no idea what he thinks he will be doing with Mulraney.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any sane person can read through Leveins comments, another low cost signing with little risk attached. A "project" not a staple part of the team FFS.

Our proper signings will happen, but last I checked it was 26th April let alone 30th June, and this season has not even completed. How many other teams have signed anyone for next season?

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Any sane person can read through Leveins comments, another low cost signing with little risk attached. A "project" not a staple part of the team FFS.

Our proper signings will happen, but last I checked it was 26th April let alone 30th June, and this season has not even completed. How many other teams have signed anyone for next season?

This is fairenough, and the only thing we can cling onto (although these guys are using up part of the budget, albeit a small chunk)

Still time to get those guys back on loans/permanent deals and get that keeper and two midfielders :thumb:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is fairenough, and the only thing we can cling onto (although these guys are using up part of the budget, albeit a small chunk)

Still time to get those guys back on loans/permanent deals and get that keeper and two midfielders :thumb:

Its not as bad as most people think Nook, not by a long way. There are obvious things in need of repair, away form and creative players for starters, but the foundation is far stronger, even if we only retain 2 of the loans, than what it was even as late as November this season.

Hobos Annus Mirablis has not helped the mood. I'm not expecting miracles next year, but I expect us to be far more competitive and attack minded away from home. The home form and more importantly performances have been strong since Mid December.

We had people leave we never replaced mid season, all I see happening is some gaps being filled in the squad, the first team signings will follow. Something else missed by a lot of people. We are back to reserve team football next season too, the Under 20 league is no more, we actually need a squad to cover that league as well.

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

"Project"

:yucky:

Walker and Nicholson both stagnated noticeably so no idea what he thinks he will be doing with Mulraney.

Curious theory. Gary Locke, Robbie Neilson and Ian Cathro were mostly their coaches.

Thought they didn't progress due to being lazier than they needed to be

But wait- "Levein pulled the strings". Of course, how silly of me. 

Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

We're still cracking stones looking for that elusive diamond is one way to look at it.

Problem is we keep mistaking those stones for brick hard turds

Clerry Jambo

Mulraney move to Jambos could go through in coming days

3 minutes

Caley Thistle manager John Robertson says a deal to allow Irish winger Jake Mulraney to depart for Premiership side Hearts could be completed in the coming days.

The two clubs are in talks over a deal which would see Mulraney leave to join the Edinburgh side, with Jambos midfielder Angus Beith heading in the opposite direction to Caledonian Stadium at the end of his contract this summer.

Robertson has stepped up his preparations for next season by completing a pre-contract with Queen of the South right back Shaun Rooney, who will join the Highlanders in the summer. The 21-year-old has made 33 appearances for the Doonhamers since joining from York City last summer, and previously played with Queen’s Park and Dunfermline.

The Caley Jags boss says discussions are ongoing with his former club over Mulraney’s move to Tynecastle, with the 22-year-old having impressed during a trial spell with the Jambos in December.

Robertson said: “We have been speaking to Hearts about one or two things.

“They like Jake and we like a couple of their players, but there has been no deal been done. We are still at a stage where we are talking about one or two things.

“He might go, he might not. We are just waiting for one or two pieces of the jigsaw to come together, but there’s a possibility he could go depending on little caveats here and there that we will need to tidy up.

“That may be something that happens in the next few days.”

Mulraney’s move to Tynecastle would see Beith arrive in the Highlands, with the 22-year-old having spent much of this season on loan with League 1 side Stranraer.

Hearts head coach Craig Levein says former Scotland under-19 international Beith is well thought of with his hometown club, with injury problems limiting him to only three first team appearances.

Levein said: “Nothing is signed and sealed. I’ve been speaking to John back and forwards.

“Angus is a player that we like but has had problems injury wise. While he’s been injured, some of the younger ones have improved past him and because of that he’s probably not had as much game time as he’d like at his age.

“It’s a fantastic situation for him and also for young Jake. We are looking for somebody in the wide area with real pace.

“Hopefully it will work for both parties.”

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, they didn’t reveal sales figures until the end of the renewal period last year. Going by that we should expect an update by the end of next week. 

I get the feeling it won't be great news.

We really need some quality signings to get everyone on board again.

Edited by Yoda
Missed a word

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Yoda said:

I get the feeling it won't be great news.

We really some quality signings to get everyone on board again.

I think it will be less but how much less? ??‍♂️

I agree that a few ‘good’ signings would encourage more so let’s hope we see some. 

RenfrewHearts
13 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Never trust the opinions of a man who ends his post 'haha'. That's my motto.

Haha.

Or just never trust an ICT fan :whistling: 

RenfrewHearts

The guys getting a cracking a opportunity if it comes off. Will the penny drop with him? Impossible to say. 

Let’s just accept that he won’t be one of the marquee signings of the summer, i’d say that’s obvious at this stage. Let’s hope he turns out to be a marquee player though :).

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly and the manager doesn’t like that, as all his supporters like to talk about his last period as manager remember Jean Louis Valois? Same thing as Milinkovic, doesn’t fit in defensively and we ended up with Stamp & Simmons wide of Severin and Macfarlane. Levein has said about three times he wants to keep Mitchell/Adao/Naismith but only recently added Milinkovic to that, I don’t think for a minute he wants to. They will say his club wants too much and his wages are too high in a few weeks/months time.

So how will you handle it if the club wants too much money and/or his wage demands are too high?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

So how will you handle it if the club wants too much money and/or his wage demands are too high?

I will be disappointed that our manager has wasted money on a carthorse from England, an old man from St Johnstone and another contract for the geriatric cap holder, and a no mark from ICT who by all accounts isn’t as good as Billy King. Milinkovic wants to stay but who would blame him if he didn’t seeing as the manager clearly doesnt trust him even though he’s probably our most creative player?

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

At left back?

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

See this stuff about him blocking the path of the yoofs... if they’re good enough they’ll pass him no?

Yes they will, so why waste money on him?

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Mulraney move to Jambos could go through in coming days

3 minutes

Caley Thistle manager John Robertson says a deal to allow Irish winger Jake Mulraney to depart for Premiership side Hearts could be completed in the coming days.

The two clubs are in talks over a deal which would see Mulraney leave to join the Edinburgh side, with Jambos midfielder Angus Beith heading in the opposite direction to Caledonian Stadium at the end of his contract this summer.

Robertson has stepped up his preparations for next season by completing a pre-contract with Queen of the South right back Shaun Rooney, who will join the Highlanders in the summer. The 21-year-old has made 33 appearances for the Doonhamers since joining from York City last summer, and previously played with Queen’s Park and Dunfermline.

The Caley Jags boss says discussions are ongoing with his former club over Mulraney’s move to Tynecastle, with the 22-year-old having impressed during a trial spell with the Jambos in December.

Robertson said: “We have been speaking to Hearts about one or two things.

“They like Jake and we like a couple of their players, but there has been no deal been done. We are still at a stage where we are talking about one or two things.

“He might go, he might not. We are just waiting for one or two pieces of the jigsaw to come together, but there’s a possibility he could go depending on little caveats here and there that we will need to tidy up.

“That may be something that happens in the next few days.”

Mulraney’s move to Tynecastle would see Beith arrive in the Highlands, with the 22-year-old having spent much of this season on loan with League 1 side Stranraer.

Hearts head coach Craig Levein says former Scotland under-19 international Beith is well thought of with his hometown club, with injury problems limiting him to only three first team appearances.

Levein said: “Nothing is signed and sealed. I’ve been speaking to John back and forwards.

“Angus is a player that we like but has had problems injury wise. While he’s been injured, some of the younger ones have improved past him and because of that he’s probably not had as much game time as he’d like at his age.

“It’s a fantastic situation for him and also for young Jake. We are looking for somebody in the wide area with real pace.

“Hopefully it will work for both parties.”

So basically a guy who is miles away from our team that’s used 37 players this term is seen as being worth the same as the guy we are signing?

Finlay James
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I will be disappointed that our manager has wasted money on a carthorse from England, an old man from St Johnstone and another contract for the geriatric cap holder, and a no mark from ICT who by all accounts isn’t as good as Billy King. Milinkovic wants to stay but who would blame him if he didn’t seeing as the manager clearly doesnt trust him even though he’s probably our most creative player?

Statements like this about a player you know nothing about put holes straight through anything you say.

The 'no mark' and 'carthorse' could well turn out to be stars for us, we just don't know as yet.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Statements like this about a player you know nothing about put holes straight through anything you say.

The 'no mark' and 'carthorse' could well turn out to be stars for us, we just don't know as yet.

Leave him to it. His desire to find negativity in every possible aspect is blatantly obvious. Hope to god it’s just in terms of Hearts otherwise he must be a nightmare to be around!

We've been crying out for pace for years.

Martin Boyle came from a similar background and he's tearing it up a couple of years down the line.

Everyone needs to chill out.

Low risk signing that gives us something completely different.

portobellojambo1
On 26/04/2018 at 07:41, Jammy T said:

Does nobody think Robbo will have discussed this guy with Levein and given an honest appraisal since it was us?

I think it is reasonable to think there was discussions of sorts but I think you also have to remember that although Robbo had and has strong links to us he is presently employed as manager of ICT. Within that context anything he would do would, imo, be for the benefit of ICT at this time. He obviously seen Angus Beith as someone who can fit in to what he is trying to achieve up there. If then asked if ICT had any players available so that effectively a player swap could take place then Mulraney's name would come up. I wouldn't imagine that the conversation would have been anything like Robbo saying either "he hasn't been playing for us because in all honesty he simply isn't good enough" or "he is going to be an absolute superstar going forward so why not take him". The name could well have been raised, but in terms of the latter possible wording I imagine it would be difficult to come to any other conclusion other than it was then left to us to decide, because personally I think if the latter wording applied Robbo would have both been playing him already and desperate to hold onto him to make decent cash for his present employers.

In terms of the 9 we have been told we are looking to sign I imagine he is one of those 9, there is no other way to look at it. People cannot look at it as we have signed him but he isn't one of the 9 we are looking to sign, otherwise the 9 signings then increases to 10, does it not. Or on the flip side we are going to sign 9 names, but only a limited number of them will make the immediate sort of impact that is needed to deal with the team situation here and now, and in all honesty that isn't what we need. We keep reading on here that the reason we have been disappointing, especially away from home, for the course of this season is because of what Ian Cathro did, something I don't agree with, but again that is just opinion. However, if you are prone to accept that is the situation and it is going to be corrected during this window then it is reasonable to think that fans will be looking at who we do sign and trying to judge if they are the sort of players who will help correct Cathro's mistakes in time for the new season kicking off.

None of us are daft enough to think superstars were going to appear, but I also think that it is fair to say many probably hoped, rightly or wrongly, that the signings we would see, right from the off, would be the sort of signings that would suggest we will be in a much better position come the time the League Cup sections start for the new season. There is still time to achieve that, if it is to be 9 players then there are still 6 to come, we need to wait and see if these are the sort of players who will fit in to the first team from day one, and make the difference required to turn an ultra defensive side away from home into a side who can compete in all games next season and not just save it for a few decent performances at Tynecastle.

Edited by portobellojambo1

On 24/04/2018 at 18:08, Jambof3tornado said:

Lot of opinion on someone most people havent seen kick a ball.

Isn't that the whole point in folk moaning? 

132goals1958
4 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Isn't that the whole point in folk moaning? 

I would say it is more like keeping an open mind.

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So basically a guy who is miles away from our team that’s used 37 players this term is seen as being worth the same as the guy we are signing?

I suppose that Mulraney offers something that Beith doesn't.

Will be an interesting "project" :huh2:

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I suppose that Mulraney offers something that Beith doesn't.

Will be an interesting "project" :huh2:

If this guy is worth developing, why didn't we grab him in January and gives us more time to get him ready. I don't understand this signing. 

BobbyJenkins
4 minutes ago, Elmore said:

If this guy is worth developing, why didn't we grab him in January and gives us more time to get him ready. I don't understand this signing. 

Circumstances, cos its no Champ Man.