Is there anything they actually don't copy?

i8hibsh

Just like their little pals from Lochend (who copy almost everything we do, say and sing), Celtic really do have nothing they can call their own.  As they all took their mobile phones out last night and turned the lights on it really is apparent they would take absolutely anything of any other team in Europe in order to feel accepted and part of the elite.

Can you think of anything else they have er…..borrowed from other teams? Here is what I have:

·         The Huddle

·         You Will Never Walk Alone

·         The Hoops

·         The Poznan

·         Doing an applause at a certain time in a game to somehow commemorate something or someone (possibly the cringiest thing to ever happen to football)

·         That Warrior type chant that they do that started (I think) in the Euros by Iceland????

·         Their flags of _____insert left wing/separatist cause country here_____

·         Their absolutely horrendously pathetic banners they have at Parkhead – this all started when they started being in the Champions League every year

We all, as fans and clubs take something and claim it as our own but Celtic seem to adopt whatever is ‘in vogue’ at the time by Europe’s elite.  It is truly pathetic.  Like a little black sheep of the family brother that wants to fit in who copies and mimic everything their elderly more important brothers do.

If the guy that took a shite at the Stadium of Light was a Bayern Munich fan then the Green Brigade would start shitting on their seats to follow suit.

The clap thing was started by Motherwell. Been discussed pretty widely, both at the time of the euros and then almost every time someone else starts doing it.

4 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

The clap thing was started by Motherwell. Been discussed pretty widely, both at the time of the euros and then almost every time someone else starts doing it.

Really? I just remember Iceland doing it.  Celtic would never have copied it until it got wordwide air play though.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Really? I just remember Iceland doing it.  Celtic would never have copied it until it got wordwide air play though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/08/revealed-the-origin-of-icelands-viking-thunderclap-celebration/
However, according to Icelandic publication Morgunbladid, the song was adopted by Icelandic club Stjarnan on a trip to Scottish side, Motherwell. Fans of the  Reykjavik-based side were first introduced to the terrifying terrace chant in a Europa League game with Scottish Premier League side, Motherwell.

10 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Who cares at least they attempt to make some noise. Same can't be said for our fans and our pathetic 3 songs.

It is easy to make noise when you are winning 5 nil every week or in Europe mate.

Placid Casual
20 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Who cares at least they attempt to make some noise. Same can't be said for our fans and our pathetic 3 songs.

Their fan culture is far better than ours, it pains me to say. And copying the best of ideas from other fans has contributed to this.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is easy to make noise when you are winning 5 nil every week or in Europe mate.

True, but lets be honest we have a very small selection of songs. Apart from since i was young, there really hasn't been any decent attempts to bring new songs/chants to the stands.

Just now, TheStig said:

True, but lets be honest we have a very small selection of songs. Apart from since i was young, there really hasn't been any decent attempts to bring new songs/chants to the stands.

Agreed.

Placid Casual

I wouldn't care at all if we copied good ideas from other fans. Who gives a **** if it means we are having a great time and supporting the team.

Obviously true about performances on the pitch. Think we all pine for the feel good factors of 1997/98 and 2005.

12 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Which we copied from Motherwell.

Placid Casual

We obliterated the Lochenders in the biggest derby of all time – and we don't even have a song to commemorate it!

We really should have.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Oh The Hibees Are *** ? 

Homophobe!!

:seething:

Placid Casual
14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Oh The Hibees Are *** ? 

Hardly a song that commemorates the 5-1!

Besides, that is a 02/04/06 song anyway,

38 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

We obliterated the Lochenders in the biggest derby of all time – and we don't even have a song to commemorate it!

We really should have.

"When the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish Cup you were there."

"5-1, we only won 5-1."

They might not be lyrical genius but that's two off the bat.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Were we one of the first to do the twirly. I remember all the other clubs doing the Liverpool never walk alone thing but few doing the twirling of scarfs. Most copied songs and actions start down south when you take the bigotry of the OF out of it. 

Lots of teams, including Hearts, borrow chants from other clubs and I have no problem with that. 

But their statement banners are incredibly cringey. Bunch of wanks.

Placid Casual
2 minutes ago, Darren said:

"When the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish Cup you were there."

"5-1, we only won 5-1."

They might not be lyrical genius but that's two off the bat.

I mean a proper song, not a chant. I think that game merits one!

13 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Chants are good enough.

" It should have been ten....you lucky ********, it should have been ten !

Sounds proper to me !

What’s wrong with ‘stealing’ other songs? I would love us to adopt some and get some atmosphere going. The bizarre thing for me is the fact the twirly was ours, and we’ve stopped doing it!! 

21 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

What’s wrong with ‘stealing’ other songs? I would love us to adopt some and get some atmosphere going. The bizarre thing for me is the fact the twirly was ours, and we’ve stopped doing it!! 

It is more the fact as expressed in my OP.  Celtic take whatever is 'in vogue' just to feel like a Euro big boy.  They also have nothing original.  Even the Beatles copied songs - but they had their own stuff.  You gotta have your own stuff.

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They haven't copied our signing policy.

Woah woah woah!!!! Stop the bus.

We have a signing policy?

All roads lead to Gorgie
28 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

We don't do the twirly nearly enough now.

Makes me cry.

It is difficult for the young ones to do the twirly, text and look at their smart phone at the same time ! 

That's why!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It is difficult for the young ones to do the twirly, text and look at their smart phone at the same time ! 

That's why!

yip. allot without scarfs as well- I die a little inside.

nb- I look cool doing the twirly. :fonzie:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Woah woah woah!!!! Stop the bus.

We have a signing policy?

aye, apparently it's one that has the aim to get us relegated.

True story.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

yip. allot without scarfs as well- I die a little inside.

nb- I look cool doing the twirly. :fonzie:

untitled.png

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That's why!

Seen a couple of people doing both at Murrayfield. 

That's modern society...bit like filming gigs...nuts !

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Seen a couple of people doing both at Murrayfield. 

That's modern society...bit like filming gigs...nuts !

I have seen a few head down all game ( who can blame them at the moment though ), someone scores, they briefly jump up and then go back online to see who scored. Bonkers!

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

They hijacked Hey Jude some years ago too.

They don’t do the helicopter but sing the tune.

The helicopter? Helicopter?

Think you mean the twirly mate 

Don't think I have ever heard someone call it a helicopter 

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

The helicopter? Helicopter?

Think you mean the twirly mate 

Don't think I have ever heard someone call it a helicopter 

Helicopter mate.

Thats what we called it in the 80s.

Twirly if you want.

All roads lead to Gorgie

One of the best twirly moments of all time :smile:

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Loved the Shed, watching that I could almost smell the streams of pish

:sob:

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Join a choir

29 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Helicopter mate.

Twirly if you want.

Dunno mate I went to Tynie in the 80s and always remember it being good called a twirly, I was about 7 though so wasn't in with the cool kids in the shed, I was (literally) downstream of the pish at the front of the stand so I could see 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

The song

" have you seen the Heart of midlothian , have you seen them play  in maroon" , then at the end ......"we"ved played in South Morocco we've played in the USA, but the greatest game in history ,was the final at Hampden park...  5-1  or keep the FTH. 

or  the greatest game in history  "was the 5-1 at hampden park", FTH.           

been here before
36 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Helicopter mate.

Twirly if you want.

I was around in in 80s and it was always a twirly to us.

21 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Only because its the only one really caught on film back when it was done regularly. Used to see them week in week out.

19 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I remember being in amongst that .....great atmosphere !..."That isn't a blizzard,that is the Hearts support !"

25 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

The song

" have you seen the Heart of midlothian , have you seen them play  in maroon" , then at the end ......"we"ved played in South Morocco we've played in the USA, but the greatest game in history ,was the final at Hampden park...  5-1  or keep the FTH. 

or  the greatest game in history  "was the 5-1 at hampden park", FTH.           

Think the modern version  is..."the greatest game in history  was the 19th day of May, 5-1"

maroonlegions
51 minutes ago, Pie-Heid said:

Think the modern version  is..."the greatest game in history  was the 19th day of May, 5-1"

Good ,any reference  to that glorious day in May 2012 in that particular song is fine by me.

FTH.

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Dunno mate I went to Tynie in the 80s and always remember it being good called a twirly, I was about 7 though so wasn't in with the cool kids in the shed, I was (literally) downstream of the pish at the front of the stand so I could see 

Just one of those random things mate.

Heard both twirly or helicopter. 

This issue is concerning me more than the current state of the team :D

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Just one of those random things mate.

Heard both twirly or helicopter. 

This issue is concerning me more than the current state of the team :D

Aye I think we are spoiled these days with our padded seats and top notch facilities. Nowadays we expect to be entratained whereas before we were too busy being distracted by our increasingly soggy trainers and querying the tenancy arrangements in Mickey Weirs posterior 

5 hours ago, TheStig said:

Bobby Madden yer a w@nker, yer a w@nker, was newish.

5 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

We really should have.

Pa Kujabi?

Archived